The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Just looked at the GEP thread and someone said they were told over the phone that all grad invitations have been sent out unless space opens up if people decline to attend interviews.

Any clue about the A100 course anyone?

Have any internationals / grad apps of A100 heard back?
Original post by rayrk
Just looked at the GEP thread and someone said they were told over the phone that all grad invitations have been sent out unless space opens up if people decline to attend interviews.

Any clue about the A100 course anyone?

Have any internationals / grad apps of A100 heard back?

Not sure that info is correct.. I called to ask if that's true and they said no, and said that more will be sent out this week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya, that was me who gave that info- I rang them up today and spoke to the lady who co-ordinates GEM admissions. This lady confirmed that the admin team had been told to tell anyone who calls that there are more to be sent and by Monday at the latest, to cover all bases (dental, a101, a100 etc). However for GEM, the majority of interview invites have been sent out, and when I asked "for the remaining GEM interviews, is it pretty much the interviews left to be sent if people accept/decline", she said "yes pretty much exactly". There is a small chance of getting an invite, but the bulk of GEM invites have been sent out now.
Bear in mind this is nothing to do with grads on A100- just A101 (GEM).
Hope that clarifies!
ps. Hopefully I have actually got the wrong end of the stick though!! :smile:
Original post by zzgb001
ps. Hopefully I have actually got the wrong end of the stick though!! :smile:

OK fair enough. I asked specifically about medicine gep and thats what she said, i didn't think admissions would lie!

I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys,

Have just got a rejection for the GEP course.
Stats- first in English; A*A* biology and chemistry, UKCAT 683, 2 weeks experience- hospital and GP

I guess my UKCAT was too low compared to the amazing scores you guys have.

I got the message through UCAS- still nothing from Barts either email or on their site.

Just hoping for the undergrad.
Original post by ArtScience
Hi Guys,

Have just got a rejection for the GEP course.
Stats- first in English; A*A* biology and chemistry, UKCAT 683, 2 weeks experience- hospital and GP

I guess my UKCAT was too low compared to the amazing scores you guys have.

I got the message through UCAS- still nothing from Barts either email or on their site.

Just hoping for the undergrad.

It may also be because your degree has no biology or chemistry element.
Original post by RealLifeEducator
It may also be because your degree has no biology or chemistry element.

I talked to them and they said they don't prioritise between the degrees. They only look at the classification but not the subject.
I talked to them and they said they don't prioritise between the degrees. They only look at the classification but not the subject.

I wonder whether this is the case - got 746 ukcat, and a first class masters degree, but just got a rejection through :frown: oh well - warwick interview tomorrow!!
Original post by dandrew92
I wonder whether this is the case - got 746 ukcat, and a first class masters degree, but just got a rejection through :frown: oh well - warwick interview tomorrow!!

When did you get it ?what time ?
Original post by dandrew92

Good luck tomorrow!!! I am sure you will nail it!
Has anyone got their article sent yet?

Really?! Alright then
Original post by RealLifeEducator
Really?! Alright then

Well, this is what they said. But no way of knowing if it is actually the case.
Yeah they changed it this year, it says on their website and I called them up to confirm. They accept degrees of any subject. Although so far the only 4 people I've seen (including myself) who have non-medically related degrees have not gotten offers so who knows if they've actually followed through on that
Original post by Mimihxx04
Has anyone got their article sent yet?

Apparently we don't get it until 2 weeks before.
Original post by 07cdominic
Apparently we don't get it until 2 weeks before.

Yh its two weeks before the date exactly
Reply 677
I was told interviews are going in batches but speaking to admissions today i have been told majority interviews have gone and now rejections to follow.

Im confused now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 678
Original post by IS93
I was told interviews are going in batches but speaking to admissions today i have been told majority interviews have gone and now rejections to follow.

Im confused now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww sad :/ let's hold hands and wait for those rejections then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayrk
Aww sad :/ let's hold hands and wait for those rejections then

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending