The Student Room Group

Studying computer science in 2017

Hey :smile: I was just wondering if there are people here who applied for computer science with start in late 2017.

My application was sent to Surrey, QMUL, Greenwich, Cardiff and last but not least Warwick. What about you?

Did you already received an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I applied for Computer Science.
Got all 5 offers; UCL, King's College, QMUL, City, and Goldsmiths.
Reply 2
Original post by hannamontana
Yeah, I applied for Computer Science.
Got all 5 offers; UCL, King's College, QMUL, City, and Goldsmiths.

Nice congrats. :smile: I'm still waiting. I would love to study at QMUL. What about you? Did you made your choices?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I applied to King's,QMUL,Brunel,City and Greenwich
sent it about a week ago, still have to wait some time I guess
Reply 4
Hey, good luck. I'm currently a cs student at Cardiff so if you have any questions feel free :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Fabioulos
I applied to King's,QMUL,Brunel,City and Greenwich
sent it about a week ago, still have to wait some time I guess

Yeah the faculty in QMUL seems to need some time. :smile: What is your favorite choice of university?

Would you go to Greenwich? I got an offer there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I've applied for Durham, Warwick, KCL, Edinburgh and Lancaster for comp sci. I've only had a response from KCL so far but I'm really hoping for an offer from Durham.
Hey,

I applied for Computer Science with Masters integrated, not all uni's I applied to do that, only two does.
My 5 uni's are: Essex, Kent, Brunel, Keele and Goldsmith's
I've received offers from Keele and Brunel, and have an interview with Kent. Still waiting for Essex and Goldsmith's to reply.
Original post by Devify
Hey, good luck. I'm currently a cs student at Cardiff so if you have any questions feel free :tongue:

Is the course bearable?
Reply 9
Original post by S4U3RM4NN
Yeah the faculty in QMUL seems to need some time. :smile: What is your favorite choice of university?

Would you go to Greenwich? I got an offer there.

Posted from TSR Mobile[ ]

My favorite choice is the city,because of the professional pathaway they have, which Is offered only by City in UK.

Yes I think I would accept to go Greenwich, I heard mostly good things about tha uni
I've applied for Comp Sci/Software Engineering at Aber, Leicester, Bangor, Swansea, and Staffordshire.

I've got conditional offers from Aber, Bangor and Swansea. Waiting on Leicester and Staffordshire. Oh, and I'll have an unconditional from Aber when I ace the entrance scholarships at the end of this month :cool:

Spoiler

Reply 11
Original post by Fabioulos

My favorite choice is the city,because of the professional pathaway they have, which Is offered only by City in UK.

Yes I think I would accept to go Greenwich, I heard mostly good things about tha uni

Yes City is great. Heard a lot of good things.

Really? I'm not that sure about Greenwich. Probably prefer QMUL. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Current 1st year compsci at Uni of Manchester if you have any questions! I also got into Durham if you have any questions about their applications (I turned them down). Good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by Jazzyboy
I've applied for Comp Sci/Software Engineering at Aber, Leicester, Bangor, Swansea, and Staffordshire.

I've got conditional offers from Aber, Bangor and Swansea. Waiting on Leicester and Staffordshire. Oh, and I'll have an unconditional from Aber when I ace the entrance scholarships at the end of this month :cool:

Spoiler

Sounds great. :smile: I wish you the best. (Never heard of entrance scholarships probably because I'm living abroad. What is it?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Yes. Recieved offers from 4 universities ( Greenwich , Brunel , Middlesex and city university ), still waiting for qween Mary.
Original post by S4U3RM4NN
Sounds great. :smile: I wish you the best. (Never heard of entrance scholarships probably because I'm living abroad. What is it?)

Some unis do exams that you can take related to the course. Usually in January/February of the year you're applying for. For Aberystwyth, you can do two exams on the 31st of January in subjects of your choice (I'm doing Comp Sci and IT). If you achieve top results(probably 90%+), you get an institute scholarship worth up to £2000 a year. If you just miss that bracket, you could get a scholarship worth £1000 per year. If you just miss that bracket, but got the below bracket, you can get a Merit Award worth £1000(one-off). If you achieve good results, but don't hit the top brackets, you'll get an unconditional offer.

Oh, and you also get guaranteed halls accomodation after the first year if you get the scholarships.
Reply 16
Original post by Jazzyboy
Some unis do exams that you can take related to the course. Usually in January/February of the year you're applying for. For Aberystwyth, you can do two exams on the 31st of January in subjects of your choice (I'm doing Comp Sci and IT). If you achieve top results(probably 90%+), you get an institute scholarship worth up to £2000 a year. If you just miss that bracket, you could get a scholarship worth £1000 per year. If you just miss that bracket, but got the below bracket, you can get a Merit Award worth £1000(one-off). If you achieve good results, but don't hit the top brackets, you'll get an unconditional offer.

Oh, and you also get guaranteed halls accomodation after the first year if you get the scholarships.

Oh that sounds great. :smile: Thanks for the explanation and I wish you luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by lizzyktaa
Is the course bearable?

Yes :biggrin: some teachers are awesome, a few you could sleep just listening to. But it's a good place and there's a bunch of support if you're struggling
Reply 18
Original post by lordyP
Current 1st year compsci at Uni of Manchester if you have any questions! I also got into Durham if you have any questions about their applications (I turned them down). Good luck!

how long did it take for durham to respond
Original post by adil_
how long did it take for durham to respond

They were the first uni I heard back from actually, no more than 2/3 weeks I'd say. I applied in October

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending