The Student Room Group

When's the best time to go on holiday as a student?

I'm wanting to go on holiday with my boyfriend this year (we're on the same course) and I was wondering when the cheap dates are for holidays, I'm hoping to go sometimes from the start of June/July. But are there any specific dates where holidays are cheaper? Just wondering. Thanks in advance!
Original post by EmJHall
I'm wanting to go on holiday with my boyfriend this year (we're on the same course) and I was wondering when the cheap dates are for holidays, I'm hoping to go sometimes from the start of June/July. But are there any specific dates where holidays are cheaper? Just wondering. Thanks in advance!

Not specific dates as such but you should aim to go before schools are on holidays because the prices will go up a lot by then.
Mid may (Not half term) or start of september are usually cheapest.
Reply 3
July and August are always most expensive especially first two weeks in August. You can do an anywhere search on skyscanner for a month of your choice from your closest airport and that will bring up all the possible destinations and flight prices for each day then you can just decide from there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest