The Student Room Group

what are some reasons and excuses for ignoring someone AT SCHOOL

Scroll to see replies

Play it off as a joke, that you're pretend-angry at them, even if it's not. Or accompany yourself with someone else and they might eventually get the feeling that they're the third-wheeler and find someone else.
Reply 21
Does this girl bully you because I have to say you seem scared? I remember lurking on your other threads and loads of suggestions were given to you but they didn't seem good enough.

It shouldn't be that difficult to stop being friends with someone. She can't force you to be friends with her and even if she reports you to the teacher, I don't see how or why you would get in trouble for politely refusing to be someone's friend.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by randomgirl995
So after class I will walk with her but stay on my phone and basically blank her 😊 also u know in class projects she wants me to work with her but id rather work on my own and then she will be like why didn't u work with me and what if she asks why do u keep ignoring me ??

Yep.you can be on your phone and blank her.
Just tell her, "I'm sorry but i really would rather work on my own. Don't take it bad or anything."

If she asks why do you ignore me, say "I'm sorry" but carry on doing it anyway?

This situation sucks really :/ I think that you shouldn't overthink things, and when it comes to it, go with the flow?
Don't worry yourself too much or you'll work yourself in a state.

Have you talked to your parents about this? Or any sibliings?
I haven't told anyone really bc I don't wanna get them involved bc her father knows mine but not closely . Also when I do work with her cause I might to not complicate things so when she asks me during our work that why do u ignore me what can I say I don't wanna say I'm sorry bc she will ask for a reason and I've been worrying for a while now . Idk what to do when she goes to me can I talk to you privately and she asks me why IM ignoring her . Shall I just say I hadn't even realised ?? Also what about when we do work together and she tries to engage in convo??
"Can you not? Thanks"
I haven't told anyone really bc I don't wanna get them involved bc her father knows mine but not closely . Also when I do work with her cause I might to not complicate things so when she asks me during our work that why do u ignore me what can I say I don't wanna say I'm sorry bc she will ask for a reason and I've been worrying for a while now . Idk what to do when she goes to me can I talk to you privately and she asks me why IM ignoring her . Shall I just say I hadn't even realised ?? Also what about when we do work together and she tries to engage in convo??

I would in your shoes tell your father. If nothing, if he does get a complaint he'll know from beforehand.
If she engages in convo, give one word answers if you want to kill the convo. Or just say you don't feel like talking.
She can't force friendship.
The good old trick of using honesty instead of ignoring someone.
Original post by Overthinking
Play it off as a joke, that you're pretend-angry at them, even if it's not. Or accompany yourself with someone else and they might eventually get the feeling that they're the third-wheeler and find someone else.

No wait shall I just say I'm mot going to walk with you because I don't want to ?? Can she tell the teacher off me for saying that
No wait shall I just say I'm mot going to walk with you because I don't want to ?? Can she tell the teacher off me for saying that

Your teacher can't make you walk with someone. Honestly, if you don't want to tell her directly, keep leaving her and say you forgot or you had to do something or see someone - eventually she'll find someone else or get the message
What are reasons and excuses for ignoring someone at school that you can use

"I'm really busy at the moment."
Original post by Overthinking
Your teacher can't make you walk with someone. Honestly, if you don't want to tell her directly, keep leaving her and say you forgot or you had to do something or see someone - eventually she'll find someone else or get the message

Shall I just walk with her but not pay attention so like be on my phone or something
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
"I'm really busy at the moment."

shall I just say I'm walking with someone else so no
you say these two words:

Spoiler

shall I just say I'm walking with someone else so no

That would work as well, or say you have a family issue to deal with.
That would work as well, or say you have a family issue to deal with.

I'll
just walk with her?? But be on my phone on the way ?? And not pay attention
I'll
just walk with her?? But be on my phone on the way ?? And not pay attention

That's the one!
That's the one!

yeah ill just do that then but HOW do I not pay attention and act disinterested
yeah ill just do that then but HOW do I not pay attention and act disinterested

Pretend to be on your phone.
That usually works
Pretend to be on your phone.
That usually works

anything else ???? 😊
What are reasons and excuses for ignoring someone at school that you can use

-annoying, if it's a boy and he likes you, that person keeps staring at you, rude to you, and idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending