The Student Room Group

Pros and Cons of being Single

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
As all-sufficient person, I can say there are no cons of being single, especially if you have your own place to live, hobbies etc.
Reply 21
Original post by prazzyjazzy
:holmes: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

For crying pls
Reply 22
Original post by Rhythmical
True but I don't just bang anyone you know. :colone:

They have to pass a pretty rough interview and then a probation period, huh? :holmes:
nothing special for me:
pros (being single)-
- save money

cons-
-no one to say your honest feelings to (or in my case, talk about how my A levels are going down the drain .-.) My friends just think i moan all the time so i literally have no one to talk to :l
-one less close friend.

(there are probs millions more but ive never had a girlfriend and pretty much never will so ill never know the pros or cons of being in a relationship)
Original post by EC
They have to pass a pretty rough interview and then a probation period, huh? :holmes:

Yes, saying that, I was in a relationship with someone for over two years and we never actually had sex so but back then I was saving myself for marriage and now I'm totes not.
Reply 25
Original post by Abdukazam
You have no idea :rofl:

If I see her I might flee to Romania without warning

So basically you're taking my country as a rebound and antidote to your pain.
+ Being in a relationship is hard when you ship bae with other guys more than you ship him with yoself
- There are none. #singlepringle
Reply 27
+ Being in a relationship is hard when you ship bae with other guys more than you ship him with yoself

Con is using TSR in your free time.

Original post by UWS

Thats legit everyone on tsr :rofl:
Reply 29
Yes, saying that, I was in a relationship with someone for over two years and we never actually had sex so but back then I was saving myself for marriage and now I'm totes not.

What made you change your mind, if I'm not being too nosy?
Original post by UWS

I see no cons. TSR is my new hunting ground :colone: *ew I've sunk to a whole new low*
Original post by EC
What made you change your mind, if I'm not being too nosy?

I changed as a person, break up was a whirlwind and I felt like a different person and thought there is no point waiting for marriage as I'm unsure if I even want to marry tbh.
Reply 32
I see no cons. TSR is my new hunting ground :colone: *ew I've sunk to a whole new low*

Hi
Pros:

A lot of free time
Independence
No guilt for errors
Less money spent aha
Can do things the other may not like (such as a hobby)

Cons"

Loneliness
Boredom
Pros:

-More time to myself to do my own thing. I can spend 2 hours at the gym and not be moaned at.
-The bed space, I fidget A LOT and change positions every 5 minutes. Girls hate it.
-Sex with different women
-the money I save being single is crazy
-dieting is easier
-dating is a pain

cons

lack of regular, safe sex
no special unique connection with another human being reserved for you
Original post by TitanCream
Pros:

A lot of free time
Independence
No guilt for errors
Less money spent aha
Can do things the other may not like (such as a hobby)

Cons"

Loneliness
Boredom

i agree with that one! its fun to have that one person to annoy!
Reply 36
I changed as a person, break up was a whirlwind and I felt like a different person and thought there is no point waiting for marriage as I'm unsure if I even want to marry tbh.

It's so fascinating how we go through so much change in our life, but I think everything happens for a reason.
Original post by hezzlington
Pros:

-More time to myself to do my own thing. I can spend 2 hours at the gym and not be moaned at.
-The bed space, I fidget A LOT and change positions every 5 minutes. Girls hate it.
-Sex with different women
-the money I save being single is crazy
-dieting is easier
-dating is a pain

cons

lack of regular, safe sex
no special unique connection with another human being reserved for you

Thats true- i used to get complained at for training for too long at basketball! :rolleyes:

hahaha how is dating a pain :holmes:

i agree with the last con though :cry2:
The only con is the lack of regular guaranteed sex.

There is nothing else a relationship really gives you
Original post by EC
It's so fascinating how we go through so much change in our life, but I think everything happens for a reason.

very wise words there:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending