The Student Room Group

Swore and hit him

There's an entire back story behind it, but to the point if your fiancée hit you, and swore at you. More specifically said "go **** your sister", would you call of an engagement
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
this happened before marriage. Imagine after. Unless you're into that kind of stuff :P
Lmao why is this even a question?

On the off chance you're in a abusive relationship and you're genuinely unsure, yes ditch his ass.

I'd dump any girl who tried to hit me in a non playful way on the spot. You should too. You don't want to spend your life with this. Even if you provoked him, you're obvs not healthy for each other
Reply 3
RUUUUUNNN!!!🏃 Get out now whilst you still can! Take these as warning signs...you don't want to be asking yourself these same questions in a few years, except then you'll have other obligations & more to consider, maybe a mortgage maybe even children?
Get your deposits back and run, also make yourself accountable to someone, that sister perhaps? Or a best friend? Someone who'll make sure you don't go back to him/her.
Stop making excuses for them, it's an anger issue and you WILL become a punching bag of action is not taken.
(Although statisticly your more likely to forgive this time then after several incidents maybe even a hospitalisation you'll finally leave, but don't be a statistic be the anomaly)✊
Talking from experience via dealing with this professionally.
Original post by Anonymous
There's an entire back story behind it, but to the point if your fiancée hit you, and swore at you. More specifically said "go **** your sister", would you call of an engagement

Yeah I would call it off for that, no one should hit another one in a relationship
Yes. There is No excuse for that behaviour. Absolutely none.
Reply 6
If this was a relationship in the early stages I would just say run but because it isn't I'm not going to just say that.

You have come on here asking this because you have doubts about the relationship that is one reason why you should run you definitely shouldn't get married with these type of doubts.
It's clear that your partner is physically and verbally abusive that is unlikely to get better, I'm assuming you are male and one thing that has to be said because of that reason people won't care and if it gets bad enough you have to call the police it is likely you will be forced to leave the house, you are still free to get out without the high price of marriage and divorce.

Whatever you decide I wish you the best.
is she like that? are you happy? if yh than put a ring on her finger, and be her cuck

I did... (Though it did take more than one related incident)
Reply 9
I did... (Though it did take more than one related incident)

What do you mean?
This reads like the OP hit him. That she is the one who said that to him and is now worried if he is going to break it off with her.
My GF once slapped me, kick me in my groin, dug her nails into my arm and slapped me another time.
My GF once slapped me, kick me in my groin, dug her nails into my arm and slapped me another time.

But you worked through it?
Original post by Spongebob'sPants
This reads like the OP hit him. That she is the one who said that to him and is now worried if he is going to break it off with her.

Precisely
Would any really want to be with someone who didn't respect them? If this is before the engagement what about after you're married?
It would be perfectly reasonable if someone did call off an engagement after being slapped and swore at it.
So wait hang on are you saying you hit your fiance? or did your fiance hit you?
Precisely

I think saying "go **** your sister" is personally disgusting and so disrespectful its unbelievable.

I would end it after that, cos i'd think you have no respect for me.

What is the status between you two now? Have you talked since?
(edited 7 years ago)
Shoulda gave her that George Foreman right hand...
Precisely

In that case, I hope he dumps your ass.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending