The Student Room Group

The strange case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde AQA 2017

Does anyone have resources for this book? I do AQA exam board, and the best resources for me would be things such as themes and quotes linked to that. Quotes based on representing each character and possibly a summary off each chapter aswell as model paragraphs for the new 2017 paper.

THANK YOU IF YOU CAN PROVIDE HELP <3
We're doing the same exam board, unfortunately we have a crap teacher this year for English who cant engage a class or control one either, compared to my wonderful teacher from Last Year who offered all sorts of resources for An Inspector Calls and Romeo and Juliet her lessons we're such a pleasure, now I'm stuck with Mediocre lessons having to self-teach.
Reply 2
Original post by Popsiclez
We're doing the same exam board, unfortunately we have a crap teacher this year for English who cant engage a class or control one either, compared to my wonderful teacher from Last Year who offered all sorts of resources for An Inspector Calls and Romeo and Juliet her lessons we're such a pleasure, now I'm stuck with Mediocre lessons having to self-teach.

I understand you tbh, most of my teachers are like this except two or three but my english teaches as if we're university students and he makes it so complex and doesnt help us nor provide us with revision sources because he thinks we're being lazy but we're top set and i honestly try my best

I have some amazing resources for inspector calls if you'd like some, message meeee
Theres an app called Pixlit or PixlLit, something like that with Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde and loads of other stories which GCSE students are learning.
Reply 4
Original post by King_786
Theres an app called Pixlit or PixlLit, something like that with Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde and loads of other stories which GCSE students are learning.

Thank youuuu, I'll check it out now
Original post by hydrodash
Thank youuuu, I'll check it out now

what did you get for your jekyll and hyde mock
Original post by popsiclez
we're doing the same exam board, unfortunately we have a crap teacher this year for english who cant engage a class or control one either, compared to my wonderful teacher from last year who offered all sorts of resources for an inspector calls and romeo and juliet her lessons we're such a pleasure, now i'm stuck with mediocre lessons having to self-teach.

have you done your jekyll and hyde mock
Original post by hello12356
have you done your jekyll and hyde mock

Yes for our English Lit paper 1 Mock
Yes for our English Lit paper 1 Mock

our question was how is mr hyde presented as a frightening outsider, was yours the same
our question was how is mr hyde presented as a frightening outsider, was yours the same

Lol no it wasn't but I cant really remember what it was that was weeks ago, I think it was something Like How does Stevenson present the theme of duality throughout the play as a whole??
Lol no it wasn't but I cant really remember what it was that was weeks ago, I think it was something Like How does Stevenson present the theme of duality throughout the play as a whole??

what bit of the extract were you given, was it jekylls full statement?
what bit of the extract were you given, was it jekylls full statement?

It was basically the bit where Utterson and Someone else forgot his name wondered into the area where Hyde lives. I think.

Oh my gossshhh i have the same problem - i feel you! ...i actually don't know what to do. Completely snatched away from my comfort zone just before flipping GCSEs :angry:
Reply 13
Original post by lostplot
Oh my gossshhh i have the same problem - i feel you! ...i actually don't know what to do. Completely snatched away from my comfort zone just before flipping GCSEs :angry:

If you look at the studentshare resources for Dr Jekyll and Hyde, there are a few good ones; personally i only found 2 useful ones
If you look at the studentshare resources for Dr Jekyll and Hyde, there are a few good ones; personally i only found 2 useful ones

Haven't checked that out yet...thanks!
Reply 15
Original post by lostplot
Haven't checked that out yet...thanks!

Im also going to be making resources so a summary,analysis and such for each AQA anthology for Power and conflict (If you also do that i could probably email it to you when i finish)
Im also going to be making resources so a summary,analysis and such for each AQA anthology for Power and conflict (If you also do that i could probably email it to you when i finish)

If you could that would be super helpful as i do have a mock in less than a month on all literature. If you have an opportunity to share it at some point it would be much appreciated! :cute:
Reply 17
i did the same one as you, do you know what is on paper 2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending