The Student Room Group

Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?

Poll

Would you rather always be ...

I would rather always be 10 minutes late , cause i hate waiting ! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

20 mins early, as long as I have my music, I'll be happy to wait. :h:
Reply 2
20 minutes early
Might not be allowed into some exams otherwise
20 minutes early.Depends on what it is.
e.g-For a job interview I would go early and waiting isn't that bad if you have something to do.Like play games or read a book in that 20 mins.
Reply 4
I'm always late. :cry:
Twenty minutes early, I'm usually the earliest at some social gathering I've been invited to lol.
Reply 6
TSRians know a lot about finishing early :mmm:
Original post by EC
I'm always late. :cry:

Me too ! :frown:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I'd rather even be 1 hour early instead of 10 minutes late
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
20 minutes early
Might not be allowed into some exams otherwise

Time is gold ! :biggrin: :tongue:
Why is this even a question?
Original post by fardm76
I would rather always be 10 minutes late , cause i hate waiting ! :biggrin:

haha same. I am ALWAYS late. ALWAYS. I hate waiting. I'm also always in denial about it being my fault. I never intend to be late but I am.

That being said t has affected me. I was late to most exams (if I was coming from home). I have also been on a final warning at all my retail jobs and I have it kind of under control now (I am late to staff briefings still but not only sometimes for the actual starts. And no more than ten minutes).

I would still rather be late. I hate wwaiting and when someone is later than me, I am so hypocritical and get so mad inside. I am lucky that most people who know me know I will be late, so they know when to really leave their house and when to really expect me. When they come on time, I blame them tbh. I'm like well you know me so what made you think I would be on time?
Original post by Nulliverse
Why is this even a question?

I was about to ask this question ! :biggrin:
20 mins early so i can be comfortable and adjust to the situation i am in

being 10 mins late will probably make me panic etc
20 minutes early
Being late will cause me to panic, I like to be as punctual. I'm generally always either on time or a few minutes early anyway. Being earlier will give me more time to check out my surroundings, check exit points and become comfortable.
Besides, you can't be faulted for being early, but in some situations when you are late - it becomes a problem. Say if you have a job, or an exam or a really important meeting etc.
I get so anxious if I'm late!
Reply 16
20 minutes early here.
Original post by fardm76
I was about to ask this question ! :biggrin:

It actually reminds me of an interesting story I read on reddit about a man who is late to everything and the reason to him being late is that he avoids death everytime he is late and some people catch onto this and he gets sent to do dangerous stuff haha.
20 minutes early with a good book in my bag.
Reply 19
I hate being late so I usually am min 10 minutes early. Even to the lectures at uni that I go to every day so know exactly how long it takes me to get there, I will still be like 15-20 min early. So I'd always be early rather than late

Quick Reply

Latest