The Student Room Group

Mainstream Media's Mental Gymnastics after Chicago Kidnapping.

If you've got time to spare, I encourage you to watch this video in the aftermath of the kidnapping and torture of the young teen in Chicago this week.

[video="youtube;W-GP0YwWgtc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-GP0YwWgtc[/video]

Black Lives Matter is not a movement for peace, equality and prosperity.
This crime has been universally labeled a hate crime by the media, law enforcement and even Obama. Where exactly is the double standard he's talking about? I have seen no evidence that this incident took substantially longer than normal to be officially marked as a hate crime. I have seen no evidence that the four suspects have any association with BLM. The uploader does not explain how he reached these conclusions; they appear to be inferences of his own. Assata Shakur had nothing to do with the founding of BLM. He either made that bit up or heard it somewhere and didn't bother to fact check it. This is really poor quality stuff.
Reply 2
Original post by Dodgypirate
If you've got time to spare, I encourage you to watch this video in the aftermath of the kidnapping and torture of the young teen in Chicago this week.

[video="youtube;W-GP0YwWgtc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-GP0YwWgtc[/video]

Black Lives Matter is not a movement for peace, equality and prosperity.

"If the victim was black, it would've constituted a hate crime immediately." Actually no, here is a link to a recent case about a white football player sexually assaulting a disabled, black football player with a coat hanger, referring to him as a n****r, and taunting him with a KKK song. And, he got away with it! He received no jail time, the prosecution was abnormally lenient and decided to charge him with injury to a child instead of sexual assault.
Original post by Captain Haddock
This crime has been universally labeled a hate crime by the media

[video="youtube;i4Is7fiKI0A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Is7fiKI0A[/video]
Original post by Akamega
"If the victim was black, it would've constituted a hate crime immediately." Actually no, here is a link to a recent case about a white football player sexually assaulting a disabled, black football player with a coat hanger, referring to him as a n****r, and taunting him with a KKK song. And, he got away with it! He received no jail time, the prosecution was abnormally lenient and decided to charge him with injury to a child instead of sexual assault.

You won't find anyone on this site calling for the white guy to be hanged :rolleyes:
I'm sorry.. but if we do not call a dog a dog.. we are not going anywhere~
This is a tricky one for the SJW types.

Their narrative firmly places blacks as the eternal victim of white oppression.

So, while they may make the right noises regarding this terrible crime their main aim will be to play it down, they will point to equally repulsive crimes committed by whites against blacks hoping to mitigate this black "hate crime".

Time and again the left display the soft bigotry of low expectation regarding black Americans.
Original post by joe cooley
This is a tricky one for the SJW types.

Their narrative firmly places blacks as the eternal victim of white oppression.

So, while they may make the right noises regarding this terrible crime their main aim will be to play it down, they will point to equally repulsive crimes committed by whites against blacks hoping to mitigate this black "hate crime".

Time and again the left display the soft bigotry of low expectation regarding black Americans.

Nobody is pointing to other cases to mitigate this one, they're doing it in direct response to a specific point - namely that if the races were reversed there would be outrage and it would be labelled a hate crime and so on. The thing is, there is outrage, and it has been labelled a hate crime. So now the right have to scramble for reasons to be angry about this and push their narrative so they come up with desperate bullcrap about how it took a few hours longer than they would have liked for it to be declared a hate crime, despite offering zero evidence that there was anything out of the ordinary about the timeframes involved.
The thing is, there is outrage, and it has been labelled a hate crime. So now the right have to scramble for reasons to be angry about this and push their narrative so they come up with desperate bullcrap about how it took a few hours longer than they would have liked for it to be declared a hate crime, despite offering zero evidence that there was anything out of the ordinary about the timeframes involved.

But didn't the police force involved try to claim that it wasn't racially motivated, even when racist stuff said by the perpetrators themselves in the video showed that it was?
Nobody is pointing to other cases to mitigate this one, they're doing it in direct response to a specific point - namely that if the races were reversed there would be outrage and it would be labelled a hate crime and so on. The thing is, there is outrage, and it has been labelled a hate crime. So now the right have to scramble for reasons to be angry about this and push their narrative so they come up with desperate bullcrap about how it took a few hours longer than they would have liked for it to be declared a hate crime, despite offering zero evidence that there was anything out of the ordinary about the timeframes involved.

Like i said, tricky.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/thepoint/2017/01/05/anti-trump-attack-chicago/

We’re still investigating it and if the facts guide us to that, then we’ll certainly charge them appropriately,” Chicago Police Department Commander Kevin Duffin said when asked about hate crime charges, according to Breitbart.
“They’re young adults, and they make stupid decisions,” Duffin added. “That will certainly be part of whether or not we determine this a hate crime or whether or not this is stupid ranting and raving.”

They’re young adults, and they make stupid decisions,”

Indeed they do, i made many myself but never once did i torture a special needs child.

You?

Now, were Chicago PD reluctant to brand this a hate crime because of political correctness or because they were afraid of triggering the local branch of BLM,who knows?

To be honest i can appreciate the lefts angst when faced with a black hate crime such as this, decades of the left telling blacks that whites are their enemy and the cause of all their problems will end in vile crimes like this.
Original post by RF_PineMarten
But didn't the police force involved try to claim that it wasn't racially motivated, even when racist stuff said by the perpetrators themselves in the video showed that it was?

You're probably thinking of the quote above, which basically amounted to some cop saying 'we need to be thorough'. Like the other case posted earlier shows, shouting racial abuse at someone while committing a crime against them isn't enough for it to be considered a hate crime in America. The guy literally raped a black person with a coat hanger while shouting 'n*****' at him and didn't even go to jail, let alone get charged with a hate crime. Motive is important, and it turns out, in this case, it was a hate crime. Basically the case has been handled exactly as it should have been handled - they've been condemned, handed hate crime charges and are probably going to jail for a long time. But somehow people are still looking for reasons to be pissed off about it.
Original post by RF_PineMarten

There was a noticeable difference between how the police and the media were reporting this compared to other racist incidents. They took their time and were hesitant before calling it a hate crime (which is actually the way it should be done). There was even a slightly longer delay than usual before the larger media outlets began reporting on it (either they did so reluctantly because the story was going viral, or they were waiting to verify if it wasn't a hoax). Either way, that's probably not how it would have gone down had the races been reversed, based on recent stories.

Quick Reply

Latest