The Student Room Group

Hair up or down on a girl???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
Shorter than shoulder length.

Oh okay!
I look so young with my hair up so I'll say I like my girl to have her hair down :colone:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I like having my hair down but it's too frizzy, wavy/curly and it's pretty long, just above my bum so it gets in the way a lot so I keep it up mostly because I like it when it's not getting in the way :u:

Same but its not that long anymore for me :five:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Hair down always looks better than hair up.

Why?
Ooooohh okay cool! I used to have a bob cut so it's better than that lol :colondollar:
Original post by Josb
Shorter than shoulder length.

Does it matter if it's always unstylish/a mess then if the woman works out everyday. I have shoulder length hair which is naturally very wavy even if I straighten it it goes messy /curly if I go outside. A woman on my course told me I had crap hair, my nan says I look like a drag with it long and my mum said short hair/tied back would look much better. My ex boyfriend said the worst thing about me was my hair. I do look a lot better with it tied back, I personally think I look like a lad with it down, a bit like mowgli out of jungle book. I've never known what to do with it as all men say they prefere long hair but I think mine looks boyish I can't manage mine.
Ooooohh okay cool! I used to have a bob cut so it's better than that lol :colondollar:

I don't recall ever having a bob cut :biggrin:
But yeah, i can imagine it's probably better than that lool.
Long hair is cool - was just a hassle to manage.
LOL i did and my mum still has a pic, it's so ugly lmao :colone:
But yeah it's well better than that but yeah trust me, i cba to wash it every 2 days so I was it once every week so I have to shampoo it 3 times and it kills my arms lol :redface:
Hair UP

So that you can defy gravity

Actually I don't get it. what does "hair up" mean. if it literally means sticking your vertically upwards with like excessive gel, or metal frameworks, then coolio, much different and better than hair down.
LOL i did and my mum still has a pic, it's so ugly lmao :colone:
But yeah it's well better than that but yeah trust me, i cba to wash it every 2 days so I was it once every week so I have to shampoo it 3 times and it kills my arms lol :redface:

I wash my hair once a week too. If your hairs fizzy like mine, its probs naturally dry too.
Yeah i know and then the remainder of the day spent drying the hair.
Mine can dry naturally but it takes literally the whole day so in summer i open it and sit on the rocking seat in the garden and look at the clouds with music until it dries but in winter i usually blowdry it and then wait for it to dry. :h:
But the terror when it dries is like :colone: it goes SO SO unbelievably curly after it dries :colonhash:
Doesn't matter. Going down when I pull it :wink:
Reply 32
Original post by indigofox
Does it matter if it's always unstylish/a mess then if the woman works out everyday. I have shoulder length hair which is naturally very wavy even if I straighten it it goes messy /curly if I go outside. A woman on my course told me I had crap hair, my nan says I look like a drag with it long and my mum said short hair/tied back would look much better. My ex boyfriend said the worst thing about me was my hair. I do look a lot better with it tied back, I personally think I look like a lad with it down, a bit like mowgli out of jungle book. I've never known what to do with it as all men say they prefere long hair but I think mine looks boyish I can't manage mine.

Tie it then, or wear a headband. You will look more like a boy if you cut your hair.
Open looks bad on me since my hair is too wavy it looks like bedhead, prefer to keep it in a messy bun
Hair down.

But needs to be clean and healthy ofc. Long hair is beautiful but I find anything past hip length to be unattractive. At that point, the hair swamps the figure and looks silly.
either looks great on my girl but i think in general (in my opinion) most people prefer it down. subjective though
those messy buns are hot, my favourite hairstyle on a girl tbh. Depends on the girl though.
East Asians have this thing about girls with their hair up. It exposed their neck which is apparently an attractive thing (?). Curls or waves, down. Straight hair, up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending