The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Is the 11th January when we're meant to hear? Or is that just an estimate based on previous years?
Original post by conkerber
Is the 11th January when we're meant to hear? Or is that just an estimate based on previous years?

No the 12th. We will definitely hear
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Is there actually any evidence for this... I see this said all the time...

All the evidence almost definitely will be be anecdotal. I'm at Cambridge atm and I thoroughly enjoyed my interviews, but I know of plenty that got in and hated theirs. It depends on who the interviewer is, amongst other factors.
The main point to take from this is that regardless of how you felt your interview went, you may still get an offer, and try not to infer anything from it.
Anyone hear anything today regarding pooling re-interviews?? :smile:
Original post by pandasandpens
Anyone hear anything today regarding pooling re-interviews?? :smile:

No! Was today the day that was happening? As in if we were pooled we should know by now?
Original post by jjcoolio
No! Was today the day that was happening? As in if we were pooled we should know by now?

People who are pooled and re-interviewed at another college are supposedly meant to know from today, although only a small fraction of those pooled actually have to have another interview and having an interview doesn't necessarily have a bearing on whether you will be succesfully fished from the pool.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Percypig17
People who are pooled and re-interviewed at another college are supposedly meant to know from today, although only a small fraction of those polled actually have to have another interview and having an interview doesn't necessarily have a bearing on whether you will be succesfully fished from the pool.

Oh I see! Thank you :smile:
So no one here then?
My BMAT is too abysmal to get an offer. Why am I still hoping, it's ridiculous.
Original post by CutieTootsie
So no one here then?
My BMAT is too abysmal to get an offer. Why am I still hoping, it's ridiculous.

How abysmal is too abysmal. One of my friends got in with 4s/5s and a solid interview
Original post by neveroddoreven
How abysmal is too abysmal. One of my friends got in with 4s/5s and a solid interview

If I remember I got 3.3, 4.7, 3.5B LOL (so yes, abysmal)

I was supposed to get extra time, but I didn't and the GCSE maths students were so loud I couldn't concentrate. All this was passed onto Cambridge but I don't think it will make much difference loool
If I remember I got 3.3, 4.7, 3.5B LOL (so yes, abysmal)

I was supposed to get extra time, but I didn't and the GCSE maths students were so loud I couldn't concentrate. All this was passed onto Cambridge but I don't think it will make much difference loool

Hmmm. Yeah it is on the low side. You'll find out soon enough though. Best of luck
PS How brutal was Hladky?
Hmmm. Yeah it is on the low side. You'll find out soon enough though. Best of luck
PS How brutal was Hladky?

Hladky?
Hladky?

I seem to remember you writing you were interviewed at Jesus? The interviewer who is an old guy and probably asked you about some graphs. His interviews are thoroughly disliked by Jesus medvets
http://www.jesus.cam.ac.uk/?fellow=hladky-stephen-b-phd
Original post by Percypig17
People who are pooled and re-interviewed at another college are supposedly meant to know from today, although only a small fraction of those pooled actually have to have another interview and having an interview doesn't necessarily have a bearing on whether you will be succesfully fished from the pool.

Hey, so if you were in the pool, but weren't going to be re-interviewed, would you find out? And if so, when?
Reply 614
Original post by imnotsure
Hey, so if you were in the pool, but weren't going to be re-interviewed, would you find out? And if so, when?

During the offer day, most likely. If your application was successful you'll get an offer from different college then the one you applied to; if it was unsuccessful though - they will probably inform you that your application has been put in the pool but colleges weren't interested. Good luck anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 615
Original post by imnotsure

I think not being re-interviewed just means they have enough evidence already to accept/reject you and there's not enough ambiguity for them to 'double-check', in which case it'd be the normal date of 11/12th of Jan
Thank you!
Good luck guys! Remember getting into Cambridge is not the be all and end all of life!
Original post by Whizbox
Good luck guys! Remember getting into Cambridge is not the be all and end all of life!

Nobody thinks it is (I hope, at least). But that doesn't mean it can't still be devastating. I mean come on, it's life-changing. And for you to imply it's not, is condescending, when you sit there with your cosy place at whatever college.

Anyone that takes a rejection will of course be in pain. The remedy to that will come in various forms. For one, a contingency plan; another, consolation from a friend; for a third, time perhaps. But platitudes like yours, to me at least, come through impersonal, insincere and aggravating, and in no way help.

I appreciate that you mightn't have intended those effects, but they are the ones that I felt. Of course, I can't speak for everyone though.

G
I seem to remember you writing you were interviewed at Jesus? The interviewer who is an old guy and probably asked you about some graphs. His interviews are thoroughly disliked by Jesus medvets
http://www.jesus.cam.ac.uk/?fellow=hladky-stephen-b-phd

Oh he didn't even talk to me! Only let me in and out of the door!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending