The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mo_elheramy
any international students got an interview for A100?

Hi, i am applying as an international student here. I have seen people with 4A* 810 ukcat haven't got interview yet (he's international student too ) I highly doubt that they started giving out international interview offers for A100 as I have seen international graduate applicants got offersome and rejections
Original post by Mo_elheramy
any international students got an interview for A100?

Hey I'm international for a100 and I replied a while back. Got an interview before Christmas with 5As at AS, predicted 4A*s and 703 band 2 UKCAT 😊
Original post by Lala1999
Hey I'm international for a100 and I replied a while back. Got an interview before Christmas with 5As at AS, predicted 4A*s and 703 band 2 UKCAT 😊

Are you from Asia??
I am an international applicant, and back in October, QMUL emailed me about my application and wrote that I will receive my login and password for the MySIS Applicant Portal a few days from the receipt of that email. However, until today, I have not heard back from them about the login details. Are any other international applicants in my position? I am applying from Asia by the way.

My stats are 4As in AS, predicted 4A*s in A2 and an average of 810 in UKCAT with a band 2 in SJT.
Original post by the_sharingan
Are you from Asia??

Nope, Africa
Original post by mithi98
To all home students who received an interview invitation, do you mind sharing your stats? I have a friend who is still waiting to hear back and she wanted to know. Thank you!

GCSE 2A* 8A
AS LEVEL AAAB
A LEVEL PREDICTIONS A*A*A (Not sure on the exact tariff)
UKCAT: 687
I'm an international applicant and haven't heard back either regarding interviews (except for that email on 15th Dec).
Original post by spikyphoenix
I'm an international applicant and haven't heard back either regarding interviews (except for that email on 15th Dec).

spikyphoenix, did they send you your MySIS Applicant Portal login and password?
Original post by the_sharingan
spikyphoenix, did they send you your MySIS Applicant Portal login and password?

Yea I have my login and portal up and running, but I haven't heard back about whether I've gotten an interview or been rejected.
Original post by Lala1999

omg I have almost same stats as you which makes me more optimistic! (4A* and eps A* (4.5A* total) predicted and 703 band 1)
Reply 750
Has anyone got interviews for both the 4 year and 5 year courses?
Original post by spikyphoenix
Yea I have my login and portal up and running, but I haven't heard back about whether I've gotten an interview or been rejected.

I went through my email, I have received the login and password before. I just forgot about it 😅
Original post by mithi98
How is everyone preparing for interview?

I've done a bit of googling on what they're really looking at in the 'difficult' interview questions. It seems to be along the lines of situational judgement. That's what they have newly introduced for doctors and specialty training exams (e.g. GP, ophthalmology, radiology etc). They've got a a whole section of that plus medico-legal and ethics questions in the Barts Interview book.
Original post by merceralex
I've done a bit of googling on what they're really looking at in the 'difficult' interview questions. It seems to be along the lines of situational judgement. That's what they have newly introduced for doctors and specialty training exams (e.g. GP, ophthalmology, radiology etc). They've got a a whole section of that plus medico-legal and ethics questions in the Barts Interview book.

What's the Barts Interview book? And where can I access it?
Original post by FKAsamuel
What's the Barts Interview book? And where can I access it?

It's called Barts Medicine interviews
you can get it from Amazon.
Original post by 11...
When did you get the article?

I don't know, I looked on Friday and it was there. I hadn't been checking it regularly.
Original post by JustThatStudent
I don't know, I looked on Friday and it was there. I hadn't been checking it regularly.

Yeah, I've had the same thing, and my interview isn't until early February, so whether or not it was a mistake, I don't know. I don't know even if it is the right article, but for now I'm assuming it is, and I'm going to start preparing with it after my next interview.
Original post by Gogregg
Yeah, I've had the same thing, and my interview isn't until early February, so whether or not it was a mistake, I don't know. I don't know even if it is the right article, but for now I'm assuming it is, and I'm going to start preparing with it after my next interview.

Same
Original post by merceralex
It's called Barts Medicine interviews
you can get it from Amazon.

Hey how many pages is the book? I can't find any info on amazon
hi , does anyone have any resources for the barts medical interview that I can, please message me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending