The Student Room Group

Difficulty with this gap-fill sentence. Help Please!

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble with this diffusion gap fill exercise that we have been given for homework...

I've done all of it except this sentence!

'To maintain a steep diffusion gradient for oxygen involves bringing oxygen to an exchange surface (v...............) and constantly removing it from the surface after it has diffused across it (c..............).

I think the first gap might be 'very thin, but I have no clue on the second one!

Please help! Would appreciate it!
Original post by dp00
Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble with this diffusion gap fill exercise that we have been given for homework...

'To maintain a steep diffusion gradient for oxygen involves bringing oxygen to an exchange surface (v...............) and constantly removing it from the surface after it has diffused across it (c..............).

I think the first gap might be 'very thin, but I have no clue on the second one!

Ventilation and circulation probably
Original post by dp00
Hey everyone,

or maybe ventilation and capillaries
Ventilation and Capillaries
I don't deny that it could be capillaries, but I think it's more likely to be circulation. It's not the capillaries that removes the oxygen from, it's the blood flowing through them. But that is me being quite picky
Original post by AortaStudyMore
I don't deny that it could be capillaries, but I think it's more likely to be circulation. It's not the capillaries that removes the oxygen from, it's the blood flowing through them. But that is me being quite picky

Too right though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending