The Student Room Group

Multiple shot dead by Florida gunman

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tinka99
That's why guns should be banned in the USA or people think they can go shoot and kill

I take it that France and Germany are going to ban trucks?
Saddening news. Hearing about the whole Facebook Live story was upsetting too.
Original post by Mathemagicien
No, but they blocked roads for the New Years' celebrations, akin to tighter firearms regulations.

Which many states in the US actually have.

Britain is planning on banning knives I take it after that guy in Russel Square last summer?
(edited 7 years ago)
the US is planning on banning islam.

#rekt :u:

Good thing they're not gonna ban guns though. :h:
Original post by joecphillips
The shooter had recently received treatment for mental health problems

After that
Why was he still allowed a weapons?

That's what I meant by awful gun control
Reply 45
Original post by Hello -goodbye
After that
Why was he still allowed a weapons?

That's what I meant by awful gun control

I should of edited that, it is not clear whether he was ever diagnosed with any mental illness but he was given a psychiatric evaluation, if he was never declared legally mentally ill by a judge then nothing could be done without violating his rights if he was then it is likely that the system failed to work together and gun laws couldn't of stopped it
the US is planning on banning islam.

#rekt #datLogic #rightWingFail :u:

No they aren't, and even if they wanted to they have a problem just as big as those who want to ban the guns

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long until the gun enthusiasts tell us that the problem was that everyone in the airport and on the aircraft didn't have guns?

That seems to be the usual response to mass homocide caused by a gun.
Original post by Sabertooth
I take it that France and Germany are going to ban trucks?

Ridiculous comparison given that trucks actually have a purpose that doesn't involve wounding or killing people.
Original post by Captain Haddock
Yeah well the best time to start that process was 100 years ago. The second best time is right now.

Only from our perspective.

There's almost no political will over there to do it, and huge numbers of the population are pro-2nd amendment. It would be like an atomic powered Brexit vote with guns. There are also fairly compelling practical reasons for the 2nd amendment.

The only parallel I can draw would be with banning pubs or alcohol here. It might seem a bit odd and silly to an outsider, but could cause major social upheaval if anyone tried to do it.
Original post by Bornblue
Ridiculous comparison given that trucks actually have a purpose that doesn't involve wounding or killing people.

The purpose of a gun is to propel a projectile at a target.
Original post by Tinka99
That's why guns should be banned in the USA or people think they can go shoot and kill anybody. You may argue the whole protection issue but I live in the UK where guns are just not this easy to obtain even the police don't have them but still I feel safe enough. Guns just increase crime so ban them so nobody can misuse one again

I think if we had something inbetween American and British gun laws it would be good, the gun culture in the UK is pretty big and I myself own a few guns but I am still sad I cannot get some of the guns I want
Original post by Trinculo

There's almost no political will over there to do it, and huge numbers of the population are pro-2nd amendment. It would be like an atomic powered Brexit vote with guns. There are also fairly compelling practical reasons for the 2nd amendment.

The only parallel I can draw would be with banning pubs or alcohol here. It might seem a bit odd and silly to an outsider, but could cause major social upheaval if anyone tried to do it.

Be like trying to ban tea, I would riot.
Original post by Willy Pete
The purpose of a gun is to propel a projectile at a target.

That target being a person, the intention to inflict a wound or kill.
Original post by Trinculo

How paranoid can a people get?

The target could be anything. Animals are a particular favourite among gun owners.
Reply 56

Not necessarily a person there are plenty of different types of targets
Reply 57
How long until the gun enthusiasts tell us that the problem was that everyone in the airport and on the aircraft didn't have guns?

That seems to be the usual response to mass homocide caused by a gun.

It is another mass public shooting in a gun free zone
Not necessarily a person there are plenty of different types of targets

You cannot seriously compare buying a gun to buying a car.
It is another mass public shooting in a gun free zone

No one can be this stupid.

Are you seriously saying airports would be safer if everyone had a gun on them?
How about nightclubs, should everyone have a gun on them there? And pubs and football matches?

The idea that everyone having a gun is your response to gun crime is beyond ridiculous.

Silly me in thinking that gun crime was caused by guns. How could I not realise that gun crime is caused by there not being enough guns?

Quick Reply

Latest