The Student Room Group

This will be my journey to A*A*A*A*A

So I have decided I am going to achieve those grades. I am currently in Year 12.

I am doing:

Spoiler

Aim:

Spoiler

Useful Resources:

Spoiler

Possible university choices:

Spoiler

Motivation:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by student004
So I have decided I am going to achieve those grades.

I am doing:

Spoiler

Aim:

Spoiler

Useful Resources:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Motivation:

Spoiler

Good luck :h: just don't overload yourself too much :redface:

Have you had any offers from those unis yet?
wow great ambitions! wishing you the best, im sure you will do well!

good luck xx

So I have decided I am going to achieve those grades.

I am doing:

Spoiler

Aim:

Spoiler

Useful Resources:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Motivation:

Spoiler

Hey

I am currently in my first year of Sixth Form studying (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Business Studies and Art) and considering (Keble College (Oxford), UCL, Imperial, St Andrews and Manchester for Pure Physics {Physics}

GCSEs - 10A*s and C
Maths (A*) (3 marks from full marks - I requested the paper back)
Physics (A*)
Chem(A*)
Bio(A*)
Business(A*) (Full marks)
Graphics(A*) (Almost full marks)
Geography(A*)
Computing(A*)
English Lan(C)
English Lit(A*)
Art (A*)

Aiming for AS / A-Levels (Hopefully)
Maths (AS = A / A-Level A*)
Further Maths (AS = A / A-Level A*)
Physics (AS = A / A-Level A*)
Art (AS = A and A-Level A*)
Business Studies (AS = A and Dropping it)
Good Luck <3
Reply 4
Original post by Shahbaaz
Hey

I am currently in my first year of Sixth Form studying (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Business Studies and Art) and considering (Keble College (Oxford), UCL, Imperial, St Andrews and Manchester for Pure Physics {Physics}

GCSEs - 10A*s and C
Maths (A*) (3 marks from full marks - I requested the paper back)
Physics (A*)
Chem(A*)
Bio(A*)
Business(A*) (Full marks)
Graphics(A*) (Almost full marks)
Geography(A*)
Computing(A*)
English Lan(C)
English Lit(A*)
Art (A*)

Aiming for AS / A-Levels (Hopefully)
Maths (AS = A / A-Level A*)
Further Maths (AS = A / A-Level A*)
Physics (AS = A / A-Level A*)
Art (AS = A and A-Level A*)
Business Studies (AS = A and Dropping it)
Good Luck <3

Good luck and I hope you achieve your ambitions.
Its nice to know someone who wants wants to do Physics because not many people these days enjoy Physics.
I was going to pick art but I moved to a new sixth form where I didn't know the art department well so I picked biology instead. I like biology but I miss art too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
Good luck :h: just don't overload yourself too much :redface:

Have you had any offers from those unis yet?

Thank you but I forgot to mention I am in Year 12.
So I have decided I am going to achieve those grades. I am currently in Year 12.

I am doing:

Spoiler

Aim:

Spoiler

Useful Resources:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Motivation:

Spoiler

Hey, I'm in year 12 and I'm doing exactly the same A/AS-levels as you (but different exam boards)! Good luck!!
Reply 7
Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM
Hey, I'm in year 12 and I'm doing exactly the same A/AS-levels as you (but different exam boards)! Good luck!!

Good Luck to you too!
What are you thinking about doing after A levels?
Good Luck to you too!
What are you thinking about doing after A levels?

Well, at the moment I would love to study physics at university (hopefully Physical Natural Sciences at Cambridge if I'm good enough) and then have a career as a research physicist and lecturer. Of course, I might decide to do something a bit more left field (vulcanology sounds interesting).
I see from your OP that you'd also be interested in studying physics/theoretical physics! Physics is awesome!

I'm also doing all of A-level maths this year and Further Maths next year (but with OCR). So far at school I've done C1, C2 and S1, and we're just starting C3 and M1. What about you?
Reply 9
Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM
Well, at the moment I would love to study physics at university (hopefully Physical Natural Sciences at Cambridge if I'm good enough) and then have a career as a research physicist and lecturer. Of course, I might decide to do something a bit more left field (vulcanology sounds interesting).
I see from your OP that you'd also be interested in studying physics/theoretical physics! Physics is awesome!

I'm also doing all of A-level maths this year and Further Maths next year (but with OCR). So far at school I've done C1, C2 and S1, and we're just starting C3 and M1. What about you?

I've done C1 C2 part of S1 and part of M1 at school now just starting C3. Yes, Physics is awesome, I like to have the same career as you eventhough my parents say that's not well paid. Also I'm not sure if I want to Natural Sciences at Cambridge or Physics at Oxford. I feel like Oxford is closer to where I live.
I've done C1 C2 part of S1 and part of M1 at school now just starting C3. Yes, Physics is awesome, I like to have the same career as you eventhough my parents say that's not well paid. Also I'm not sure if I want to Natural Sciences at Cambridge or Physics at Oxford. I feel like Oxford is closer to where I live.

Yeah, compared to medicine/accountancy/law, physics research is poorly paid despite requiring a similar time commitment and training level. But you do it because you want to, not for the money, and you get paid enough.

Yeah, Oxford is closer to where I live too, and getting to Cambridge is a pain for me. But I far prefer the Cambridge NatSci course to Oxford because of the flexibility, as it would allow me to continue Chemistry and Maths along with Physics, if I were to get in.

Quick Reply

Latest