The Student Room Group

Am I dumb??

So a few yrs back I did 11+ to get into a grammar school howvery I failed but I now rlly badly want to get into their sixth form. Any advise how too as I cannot compare me too the students at my current schll as they r kinda dumb com pare to me. How can I succeed and I do need exellent gcse so in today terms all 9s
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Karthika10
So a few yrs back I did 11+ to get into a grammar school howvery I failed but I now rlly badly want to get into their sixth form. Any advise how too as I cannot compare me too the students at my current schll as they r kinda dumb com pare to me. How can I succeed and I do need exellent gcse so in today terms all 9s

You need to give me your bank details; this will guranty you a place.

Probably best not to label the people around you as 'dumb' when you cannot put a simple sentence together...

I failed my 11+ also when I was in year 6. This was many around 6-7 years ago and so I joined a school I pretty much didn't want to go to. I then got the best GCSE's in my year and got offers from all the grammar schools in the area (one being the 2nd best in the country at the time).

Funny enough, I turned down all of these offers and stayed at the same school I'm in now, and now have offers from some of the best universities in the country. It doesn't matter what school you go to, it's the work you put in. I doubt with that attitude, to be honest, that you're going to go far.
Original post by glassanimal
You need to give me your bank details; this will guranty you a place.

Yes, it will guranty you a palce at a skool. I promiss.
Original post by ReallyWigga
Probably best not to label the people around you as 'dumb' when you cannot put a simple sentence together...

I failed my 11+ also when I was in year 6. This was many around 6-7 years ago and so I joined a school I pretty much didn't want to go to. I then got the best GCSE's in my year and got offers from all the grammar schools in the area (one being the 2nd best in the country at the time).

Funny enough, I turned down all of these offers and stayed at the same school I'm in now, and now have offers from some of the best universities in the country. It doesn't matter what school you go to, it's the work you put in. I doubt with that attitude, to be honest, that you're going to go far.

IT DOESN'T MATTER!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just work hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scale 9?
You're gonna have to work VERY hard for those.
Realistically, you probably wouldn't get those.
Reply 7
You're the dumbest person ever hahahahah lol!
Original post by Shizzle9
You're the dumbest person ever hahahahah lol!

Why are you f****ing rude you *******ated cat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

No you're not dumb, when I came to the UK my English teacher always mocked me. She used to think that I will never pass my English GCSE , I studied really hard and got a B. Nothing is impossible with will power.
Reply 10
Original post by MaherPhd
Why are you f****ing rude you *******ated cat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do not use profound language. It's rude.
It is possible. I worked really hard and got a D. Nothing is impossible lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

Failing your 11+ for Grammar School doesn't mean you're "dumb" and I would avoid labeling your classmates as "dumb" as that's hypocritical - you can't put a sentence together without errors (I don't intend to be rude). Anyways to get better grades, you need a positive mindset to studying and without that you can't do much. Is there any specific subjects you're struggling with?
Original post by ReallyWigga

Your a such an inspiration. I'm not the one who started the thread but I got a very good advise

THANK YOU!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shizzle9
Please do not use profound language. It's rude.

I never use bad language...Sorry... but fact you called the other person dumb...made me angry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moltenmo
It is possible. I worked really hard and got a D. Nothing is impossible lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe your revision technique never suited you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MaherPhd
Maybe your revision technique never suited you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am just joking. Luckily, this hasn't happened to me...yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest