The Student Room Group

Your favourite main road or motorway in the UK

So what is everyone's favourite main road or motorway section they have driven on. I do enjoy the part of the M6 where it goes through the Lake District and also the A74M where the Southern Uplands are, also must mention the A57 heading towards Manchester.
And what about that random farm house in the middle of the M62.

Scroll to see replies

M25

...jk
The house is there cause it's something to do with the soil or something and they had to build round it, not cause the guy was too lazy to move which is what everyone thinks =P...
My favourite road is the A5 as it dips over the hill towards Tamworth (particularly at night) cause then when i know i'm almost home... Favourite motorway would be the M6 toll, it's always really quiet and nice to drive on =)
Original post by Jackieox
The house is there cause it's something to do with the soil or something and they had to build round it, not cause the guy was too lazy to move which is what everyone thinks =P...
My favourite road is the A5 as it dips over the hill towards Tamworth (particularly at night) cause then when i know i'm almost home... Favourite motorway would be the M6 toll, it's always really quiet and nice to drive on =)

Im guessing you dont live massively far from me.
I dont have a favourite main road as such
Unless you're counting B roads.
My favourite is the A512. The long stretch of that road that i like is quite scenic really, and theres plenty of pubs along there.
M69 :sexface:
M606
Reply 8
Original post by Rock Fan
So what is everyone's favourite main road or motorway section they have driven on. I do enjoy the part of the M6 where it goes through the Lake District and also the A74M where the Southern Uplands are, also must mention the A57 heading towards Manchester.
And what about that random farm house in the middle of the M62.

M1
I've had the pleasure of driving on the buttertubs pass in Yorkshire many times. It's just sensational! :ahee:

Driving it in the wet with a RWD car is a nice challenge! :colone:
Original post by RedManc
M1

If the part of the M1 thats near ish to me is anything to go by- its nothing but trouble.
One of the latest incidents i remember was them having to close it for a day because someone was standing on the footbridge threatening to jump off. It was some form of protest apparently.Caused mayhem.
Reply 11
Original post by Emma:-)
If the part of the M1 thats near ish to me is anything to go by- its nothing but trouble.
One of the latest incidents i remember was them having to close it for a day because someone was standing on the footbridge threatening to jump off. It was some form of protest apparently.Caused mayhem.

depends where you live. If you leave near Sheffield/Barnsley then the road is brilliant
This thread is very Alan Partridge :cool:
I once went on a motorway where there was a 7 lane roundabout, cool af.
Original post by Emma:-)
Im guessing you dont live massively far from me.

Where do you live? =)
Original post by Jackieox
Where do you live? =)

Swad
Original post by RedManc
depends where you live. If you leave near Sheffield/Barnsley then the road is brilliant

Indeed think the Yorkshire end is quite nice
Reply 17

yeah the Yorkshire bit is quite nice with the exception of Leeds.

The coalville/leicester general area isnt
M4

Quick Reply

Latest