The Student Room Group

Are you serious?

Scroll to see replies

I effing know. I'm a girl and currently I'm on my period (too much info) but WHO CARES why the f would we need to miss a day? I hate girls lol typical. Always complaining about pointless things.
Any excuse to get the day off.
Reply 3
Because equality amirite?
Original post by years101
I effing know. I'm a girl and currently I'm on my period (too much info) but WHO CARES why the f would we need to miss a day? I hate girls lol typical. Always complaining about pointless things.

Cool girl #758,987,000 :h:
U know , periods can be debilitating for some women, fainting , vomiting ect. I get bad pains , sometimes unbearable , I don't think I've ever felt unwell enough to not work. Again, as I always say, we're not all the same. We are effected differently in each case .
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Cool girl #758,987,000 :h:

? How am I a cool girl? Females overreact with everything and its ridiculous to say that we need a day off because we are bleeding lmao
I'm not a girl so I'm not in the best place to state a view but in the current position of this being not allowed shows it's possible to work whilst on your period. However I understand that for some it could be near impossible to work or simply unbearable and you shouldn't be obliged too and miss out as a result. But the poll suggests everyone will get one, which would surely be exploited by those who could easily work. Also, do they not last for a week and not a day? A week would certainly be out of the question unless it is near impossible or unbearable as aforementioned.
I effing know. I'm a girl and currently I'm on my period (too much info)

Not really too much info tho is it :indiff: I mean you just said you're on your period nbd :erm:

but WHO CARES why the f would we need to miss a day?

Bc some women have extremely heavy bleeding (to name but one hindrance), and some are constantly worrying about bleeding over everything. Just bc your period isn't getting in the way doesn't mean that other girls don't suffer (from intense pain, passing out, fatigue, etcetera).

I hate girls lol typical. Always complaining about pointless things.

I don't believe you're a girl lmao. If you are then shame on you for disparaging your entire gender.

Typical 'I hate girls' girl - okay I get it, you're different :rolleyes:
(edited 7 years ago)
? How am I a cool girl? Females overreact with everything and its ridiculous to say that we need a day off because we are bleeding lmao

'Females overreact' says it all really. :lol:

Do you only hang out with boys because they 'don't create as much drama'? Hahaha hilarious.
Hahaha
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Not really too much info tho is it :indiff: I mean you just said you're on your period nbd :erm:

Bc some women have extremely heavy bleeding (to name but one hindrance), and some are constantly worrying about bleeding over everything. Just bc your period isn't getting in the way doesn't mean that other girls don't suffer (from intense pain, passing out, fatigue, etcetera).

I don't believe you're a girl lmao. If you are then shame on you for disparaging your entire gender.

Typical 'I hate girls' girl - okay I get it, you're different :rolleyes:

Lmao "bleed everywhere"
We have tampons and pads for a reason.
Nothing makes me different LOL, girls ALWAYS moan at the smallest things in life and its so annoying.
I understand pain/comfort/sickness varies amongst women during their period but that makes no difference lol
I used to vomit a few days before my period mainly in the morning when I woke up but who cares lol its nothing major so grow up
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
'Females overreact' says it all really. :lol:

Do you only hang out with boys because they 'don't create as much drama'? Hahaha hilarious.

LOL good luck in life is all I have to say X
LOL good luck in life is all I have to say X

Irrelevant reply, but ok lol.
Lmao "bleed everywhere"
We have tampons and pads for a reason.
Nothing makes me different LOL, girls ALWAYS moan at the smallest things in life and its so annoying.
I understand pain/comfort/sickness varies amongst women during their period but that makes no difference lol
I used to vomit a few days before my period mainly in the morning when I woke up but who cares lol its nothing major so grow up

Some people bleed through tampons and pads, they aren't dams you know.

No girls do not 'ALWAYS' moan at the 'smallest things in life'. You're just coming across as one of those girls who eschews all moral foundations and principles just to impress people or sound alternative lmao.

And the pain/discomfort does indeed make a difference smh. Someone will be suffering far more pain than you and won't be able to even get up from bed or a reclining position bc of the pain. You obviously think that just bc you're fine and not gushing **** tonnes of blood and suffering from cramps everyone is the same, pls.
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Some people bleed through tampons and pads, they aren't dams you know.

No girls do not 'ALWAYS' moan at the 'smallest things in life'. You're just coming across as one of those girls who eschews all moral foundations and principles just to impress people or sound alternative lmao.

And the pain/discomfort does indeed make a difference smh. Someone will be suffering far more pain than you and won't be able to even get up from bed or a reclining position bc of the pain. You obviously think that just bc you're fine and not gushing **** tonnes of blood and suffering from cramps everyone is the same, pls.

How do you know I dont suffer from cramps? Lmao didnt you read what I said? I used to vomit in the mornings during my periods
Its hardly 'suffering' tbh its just a few days that girls often complain about.
Women have no right to miss a day because of it lol.
Lol I'm so confused, what is alternative about saying that women shouldnt miss a day? I am a girl and its an opinion. Its doesnt make me a different kind of woman lmao we are all the same
Reply 16
I remember when I had to go home from work when I forgot my painkillers. I thought, whatever, I'll work through it but I literally felt like I was going to die. Started getting hot and cold sweats, felt light headed and dizzy and thought i'd vomit because of how bad the pain was. It was so excruciating that I could barely walk (sitting didn't help either) or concentrate on anything other than the pain.
Yeh, not all women get bad period pains, but for some of us it's horrific.
I guess the downside of this is that you can't be sure whether it's being used as a genuine excuse. Also, I find that painkillers generally help most women get through work.
Original post by Chichaldo
I'm not a girl so I'm not in the best place to state a view but in the current position of this being not allowed shows it's possible to work whilst on your period. However I understand that for some it could be near impossible to work or simply unbearable and you shouldn't be obliged too and miss out as a result. But the poll suggests everyone will get one, which would surely be exploited by those who could easily work. Also, do they not last for a week and not a day? A week would certainly be out of the question unless it is near impossible or unbearable as aforementioned.

Not a girl either (which I hope members can ascertain without explanation). But, if it is so tragic then women do have the option of undertaking continuous hormonal birth controls which prevent the bleeding every 4 weeks. Boom, no need for a day/week/year off.
Original post by Conceited
Not a girl either (which I hope members can ascertain without explanation). But, if it is so tragic then women do have the option of undertaking continuous hormonal birth controls which prevent the bleeding every 4 weeks. Boom, no need for a day/week/year off.

Agreed.
Original post by Conceited

They don't work for every woman.

Quick Reply

Latest