The Student Room Group

Masters?? #decisons

I'm currently studying a PG Cert in Management and am thinking of doing Postgraduate Cert in Education. However I want to gain the title of a Masters. Confusing I know lol. I don't know whether to do a Masters in Education Or PGCE after my Postgraduate Certificate in Management. I'm stuck.. because I really want to get a Masters qualification but want to teach and I think PGCE is the best option. HELPPPP PLS...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Salmah Ox'
I'm currently studying a PG Cert in Management and am thinking of doing Postgraduate Cert in Education. However I want to gain the title of a Masters. Confusing I know lol. I don't know whether to do a Masters in Education Or PGCE after my Postgraduate Certificate in Management. I'm stuck.. because I really want to get a Masters qualification but want to teach and I think PGCE is the best option. HELPPPP PLS...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you need a masters to do what you want to do ? If you don't really need one for the career you want to go into , then don't just do it for the sake of having it . Seems like a waste of time perhaps ?
Reply 2
Original post by Supernova91
Do you need a masters to do what you want to do ? If you don't really need one for the career you want to go into , then don't just do it for the sake of having it . Seems like a waste of time perhaps ?

Trueee. No I don't really need a Masters as I could do the PGCE to teach but it would look good lol yeah I suppose it is just wasting time I could be teaching in a school somewhere. Your right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Salmah Ox'
Trueee. No I don't really need a Masters as I could do the PGCE to teach but it would look good lol yeah I suppose it is just wasting time I could be teaching in a school somewhere. Your right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, if you don't need the Masters degree and the PGCE would help you more with your future career then I would do the PGCE in your position. When you go for a job then even though you won't have the title of Masters degree at least it will show employers that you were sure of what you wanted to do in the future, and therefore chose the course that would be most beneifical to that job.

I would not worry about not having a masters :-) Also if you really wanted one you could do one part time in the future maybe?
Reply 4
You could always do the PGCE and then continue to get the rest of a masters at a later date... a lot of universities allow you the PGCE as 1/3 of your masters anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending