The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rolaah
Are we going to hear back only after UCAS deadline (from RUK)?

Not necessarily. RUK offers have gone out for modern languages, for example. I think a lot of departments only begin the decision making process after the deadline though, or that's certainly the impression I got from the original email they sent.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by clucky_chick
When my application was sent off (Friday Afternoon), I received a response on Monday afternoon. They are usually quite quick. How long ago did you send your application off?

It's been 40 days 😭😭
Original post by Naïve
It's been 40 days 😭😭

81 and counting 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmwilliams
81 and counting 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

82 for me lol
Guys chill, I got my offer after 120 days of waiting :lol:
Original post by slothonist
Guys chill, I got my offer after 120 days of waiting :lol:

Yay, another 2 months of waiting to look forward to 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did they send any offer to European students that you know of? I applied for mod langs :smile:
Original post by Naïve
It's been 40 days 😭😭

30 days for me - but I'm going to cry if they make me wait for another month and then just give me a rejection. I'd rather know asap. Especially since it says on my portal 'pending decision'! :frown:
Original post by clucky_chick
30 days for me - but I'm going to cry if they make me wait for another month and then just give me a rejection. I'd rather know asap. Especially since it says on my portal 'pending decision'! :frown:

Exactly! This whole waiting thing is cruel and unusual punishment 😫
Original post by Kalahari99
Yeah, apparently I'll have to wait until after the 15th of January, which is the final deadline for all UK applicants, as part of St A's 'gathered field' policy, annoying but oh well!

Oh that's different, for Americans because we apply rolling. Also i feel like you are the first person I've seen interested in classics at St. A's, aside from me. Is Classics not a popular major in the U.K.?
I was wondering, I've applied about 11 days ago, I got the fee assessment, but my application portal hasn't come yet. Is there something i have to do?
Original post by Marylander98
I was wondering, I've applied about 11 days ago, I got the fee assessment, but my application portal hasn't come yet. Is there something i have to do?

Nope, the portal email just takes a while to come through sometimes - mine took a few weeks.
Oh that's different, for Americans because we apply rolling. Also i feel like you are the first person I've seen interested in classics at St. A's, aside from me. Is Classics not a popular major in the U.K.?

Another Classics applicant to St. Andrew's here. Well, I don't know anything much about it's popularity, but I typed a few words in Google and the best thing I could come up with is Wikipedia, which says Classics' popularity has definitely declined in the last century. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classics

I applied on December 26th, and only got the application portal 3 days ago on the 4th, so it probably just takes a while for some reason.
Original post by fablereader
I applied on December 26th, and only got the application portal 3 days ago on the 4th, so it probably just takes a while for some reason.

Thought I'd clicked on the wrong thread for a minute lol. I didn't know you were applying to St. A's? Is it your second choice?
Not sure, but if I had to pick between the non-Oxford options, maybe. St. Andrews has been recommended to me multiple times, so it comes to the contest strong.
Has anyone got an offer for Classics yet?
Yeah, got mine on Wednesday afternoon :-)
Original post by Kalahari99
Yeah, got mine on Wednesday afternoon :-)

Was this a reply to my question? If so, did you apply for straight Classics of Class Civ?
Hi guys!! Languages applicant here!! Have any other language applicants had offers yet?! :smile:

Course: French and Arabic
Other unis applied to: Durham, Exeter, Edinburgh, Warrick
A level subjects: French, Maths, Philosophy (Drama to AS)
A level predictions: A*AA
GCSE / AS grades: GCSE: 7A*s, 3As. AS: AABC (retaking AS phil)
Other information: Still waiting on St Andrew's!! Have offers from Warrick (ABB) and Exeter (AAB). Also depending on my A2 grades (if I get what I'm predicted) I'll take a gap yah and reapply to Oxbridge wahoo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending