The Student Room Group

Accounting AQA Unit 1 - 17th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

So what did everyone do for sales account and sales return account? Did you bring the b/d on debit or credit side?
Original post by Muhammad_AK
So what did everyone do for sales account and sales return account? Did you bring the b/d on debit or credit side?

Sales account the brought down in the credit side as it is an income account.
Sales returns the brought down is the debit side as it is an expense account.
Original post by NikitaPond
Sales account the brought down in the credit side as it is an income account.
Sales returns the brought down is the debit side as it is an expense account.

The brought down figures were the ones they gave to us right at the top? That would be one mark each?
How many marks do you think the 2 trade receivables and cash book would be?
Reply 183
Any predictions on what will come up on unit 2?
I think a balance sheet, cash budget and ratios should all be on, not sure what else though
So what do you guys think will come up, in unit 2?
Reply 185
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4096835&p=64926927#post64926927 - This is the new thread for Accounting AQA Unit 2, May 2016
Is therd an unofficial mark scheme to this?
Original post by alhrona
Is therd an unofficial mark scheme to this?

I think it's hard to get an unofficial mark scheme for accounting as a small amount of people do it, and it's hard to remember all the different numbers.
Original post by NikitaPond
I think it's hard to get an unofficial mark scheme for accounting as a small amount of people do it, and it's hard to remember all the different numbers.

OK, cheers for replying
Anyone got their Accounting unit 2 exam tomorrow (19th May?)
If so, give us a cheeky preview into what questions there are, have mine on Friday.
A cash budget would be class if it were to come up, easiest part of the unit for me. Plus they haven't done one in a few years.

Also, made a note of the different questions and topics that have come up from the past 3 unit 2 papers. Might be useful to you and share any thoughts of topics you might come up. Cheers.image1 (1).jpg
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this yet?

looooooooool this is funny cause everything that came up was in the spec
Hi
Original post by Bills Digwa
Hi

Hi
So what came up then guys??
Does anyone have a mark scheme for this??
Original post by Ninjaabino
Does anyone have a mark scheme for this??

I got an A, I am the mark scheme!
Original post by Iscodisco
I got an A, I am the mark scheme!

What areas came up in the exam?? I've mine this year.
Original post by ____Anonymous___
What areas came up in the exam?? I've mine this year.

The exam was t-account heavy. I remember a trade receivables t-account, trade payables t-account, and possibly a sales/purchases t-account too. Also, there was no full income statement or balance sheet (the first year ever I believe) and instead there was an income statement and balance sheet extract.

Other things include: bank reconciliation and basic written questions (benefits/costs of bank rec).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending