The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thewinelake
And some had interviews in November - so maybe they've heard? Or else they're waiting to see what the general standard is before deciding (otherwise a giveaway that offers given early to the best - which might be non-optimal))

I had my interview at the end Nov but still haven't heard back... :/
Just had a quick look at last year's thread and it seems that they tend to start giving offers in late January. One person claims to have had "a verbal offer" "earlier in the month" but that seems unusual. Don't panic until late Feb, I'd say - unless of course there's good news on 12th ;-)
Just had a quick look at last year's thread and it seems that they tend to start giving offers in late January. One person claims to have had "a verbal offer" "earlier in the month" but that seems unusual. Don't panic until late Feb, I'd say - unless of course there's good news on 12th ;-)

Awesome thanks for checking! And of course all fingers crossed for the 12th for all of our camb applicants here:crossedf:
And some had interviews in November - so maybe they've heard? Or else they're waiting to see what the general standard is before deciding (otherwise a giveaway that offers given early to the best - which might be non-optimal))

Makes sense, yup. (Edit: I meant 28th Dec not Jan haha) Though I have very little hope for UCL, hated the interview ._.
Reply 804
Anybody here applying to Hong Kong?
Original post by bbglop
Anybody here applying to Hong Kong?

Me
Reply 806
Original post by starsfly
Me

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

how do you find their aptitude test btw?
Original post by bbglop
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

how do you find their aptitude test btw?

Im dying, you?
See you there!

OK LOL
Reply 809
Im dying, you?

yep, true words man.

I've spent the whole evening and barely made three pages. It feel more torturous than Cambridge (ironically, I used to think of HK as my escape route in case UK goes to **** :laugh::shot:)
Original post by bbglop
yep, true words man.

I've spent the whole evening and barely made three pages. It feel more torturous than Cambridge (ironically, I used to think of HK as my escape route in case UK goes to **** :laugh::shot:)

And the brief is very very vague, which makes everything a whole lot harder.
The qualities they want to see in the book just makes the whole thing downright impossible, how does it even show our sociability or our daring nature 😂😂
Reply 811
Got an unconditional offer from Uni of Liverpool :smile: only need to wait for Cardiff and UAL now.
Original post by poopiepie
Makes sense, yup. (Edit: I meant 28th Dec not Jan haha) Though I have very little hope for UCL, hated the interview ._.

Me too :frown: do you remember who interviewed u ? 😂
What was so bad about the interview?

He kept asking me why I wasn't doing fine art and I tried to explain myself and he just went "don't get defensive I'm not criticising you" there was tension and he just didn't seem convinced that I wanted to do architecture I think I came across as fine art:frown:
When are we expected to hear back from UCL (it's been like 4-5 weeks now when they said in 2 weeks after the 1st Dec)?
Well, like I said before - last year the first offers were in the last week of January, so I reckon that's the best guideline to go on. Just 2 weeks or so...
Original post by Ranatabatabaie
Me too :frown: do you remember who interviewed u ? 😂

Mine was in Malaysia, I believe it was a Malaysian professor :0

Things like, I have a habit of saying 'you know' to connect my sentences (not great I know), anyways, I was just talking about a recent architecture firm award and he went 'No I don't know' in the middle of my sentence woo :biggrin: A couple more weird conversational tensions I dont want to go into detail (so they can't identify me hue).
Ah, well, that may well not be a major issue. Most young people have certain traits to their speech (use of "like" is very common!). If he was just venting his personal frustration with that, it doesn't necessarily reflect badly on your potential as an architect, you know....
I've been following this discussion for a while and I was just wondering if anyone who'd submitted their UCL task by the 6th / the start of December has heard anything back yet about interviews? Also can anyone who's had an interview remember how long it was between submitting their Bartlett task and receiving an interview/rejection? :smile: Good luck to everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending