The Student Room Group

should you open your results in school

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Len Goodman
Results should be made public. Name and shame all of those with poor grades.

What's the actual point of this? It will achieve nothing.
Is this for GCSEs or Alevels? I opened my GCSE ones in school :smile:
Original post by HopelessMedic
What's the actual point of this? It will achieve nothing.

Pupils would have more incentive to work harder as their grades would be made public.
Not in front of tv cameras, not that you would be asked to unless the tv reporter or the school thought you were attractive.
Original post by Len Goodman
Results should be made public. Name and shame all of those with poor grades.

Easy there Old Len!
Reply 25
Original post by iamtheone19
should you open results in school

Yes, incase you need remarks etc or need advice bc you've missed your offer (relevant to a levels/IB)... just go somewhere private if you need to

Posted from TSR Mobile
open them at school :smile: then if there's a problem with your grades you can talk to the teachers
the results are probably going to end up in your local paper anyway e.g. in our local paper it had our 1st initial of our name & surname, and next door in the newspaper were the amount of gcses we passed and the amount we took:frown::smile: I was very surprised/shocked at some people's results.
Original post by bizzy_penguin
open them at school :smile: then if there's a problem with your grades you can talk to the teachers
the results are probably going to end up in your local paper anyway e.g. in our local paper it had our 1st initial of our name & surname, and next door in the newspaper were the amount of gcses we passed and the amount we took:frown::smile: I was very surprised/shocked at some people's results.

really why surprised didn't yo get ideal grades
Original post by niv1234
Is this for GCSEs or Alevels? I opened my GCSE ones in school :smile:

yep gcses
Original post by KingHarold
Not in front of tv cameras, not that you would be asked to unless the tv reporter or the school thought you were attractive.

really try to look my best
yep gcses

I think I made the right choice opening mine in school. I got to spend time with my friends, which was nice especially as I moved schools for sixth form. But its up to you, do whatever you feel most comfortable with :smile: Good luck!
Original post by niv1234
I think I made the right choice opening mine in school. I got to spend time with my friends, which was nice especially as I moved schools for sixth form. But its up to you, do whatever you feel most comfortable with :smile: Good luck!

thanks what if i fail
Reply 32
thanks what if i fail

Then do what I do and cry all the way home 😂😂 I then proceeded to move sixth forms- biggest mistake ever! Don't do anything rash out of anger

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks what if i fail

Don't say that! But even if you do, I think it's helpful to have teachers around and stuff because lots of people I know, who weren't happy with their results, wanted advice from their teachers about remarks and some people had to discuss changing Alevel options. Not that this would happen to you
Yeah.

What would school be without that obnoxious child that has to ask everyone 'What have you got?'.

'Oh, well I got 50 A*'s.'
it's funny because my physics teacher at AS looked all happy despite me getting a D and i was expected a B
My maths teacher looked irritated because i got a B when i should have got an A.

(The B annoyed me 10x more than him though, i now have to re sit a module i hate to up it to an A)
just shows how teachers behave :P
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Yeah.

What would school be without that obnoxious child that has to ask everyone 'What have you got?'.

'Oh, well I got 50 A*'s.'

i'm kinda like that. But i always ask instead "you get the results you wanted?" first (unless its this one friend who we always mock each other on our results :P) because i know some people don't do as well as they wanted. yeah, having others asking you what you got then must feel horrible and i just want to re assure them
Original post by Toasticide
i'm kinda like that. But i always ask instead "you get the results you wanted?" first (unless its this one friend who we always mock each other on our results :P) because i know some people don't do as well as they wanted. yeah, having others asking you what you got then must feel horrible and i just want to re assure them

It's good that you reassure them. :smile:

At my school some kid always just bragged, and said 'I got better than you', or whatever. :s-smilie:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
It's good that you reassure them. :smile:

At my school some kid always just bragged, and said 'I got better than you', or whatever. :s-smilie:

at GCSE i had a student like that too....
he tried to brag to me as he got one grade better in everything but i have this friend who's naturally ridiculsuly smart and just went "you didnt get 9 A*'s though did you" XD
Original post by Toasticide
at GCSE i had a student like that too....
he tried to brag to me as he got one grade better in everything but i have this friend who's naturally ridiculsuly smart and just went "you didnt get 9 A*'s though did you" XD

:rofl: :rofl: I bet thats shut him up.

Quick Reply

Latest