The Student Room Group

To early to revise for GCSE?

Is it to early too start now?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Mortenna
Is it too early to start now?

If you start doing ''proper'' revision now then you'll probably burn out by the time your exams come around. Doing a few hours on the weekend wouldn't hurt at this stage.

I didn't start properly until March and neither did most people in my year that I spoke to and we all turned out fine.

Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you in Year 11 or Year 10?
Reply 4
*Too
Reply 5
Original post by A.J.Rimmer
Are you in Year 11 or Year 10?
Year 11
Maybe start doing some light revsion by that I mean start making sure that you understand everything you've been taught and that there's nothing you have no idea about. But I wouldn't start proper revision til March or April. I did GCSEs last year and I did all of my revision after Easter so in April and after that.
Have you done mocks already? I'm in Year 11 too, and I started revising very occasionally around November time, but it was mainly just when I was bored and felt I should do something productive, or when I had to show evidence of revision for school. However, that approach didn't work out so great come December mocks- I ended up being forced to cram so much, I was absolutely knackered by the end. Having had that experience, I've decided to try and organise my revision properly to avoid a reprise in May, so I wouldn't say any time is too early- don't do insane amounts like 4 hours a night on weekdays or something, but maybe start making some notes etc. a few times a week.

Quick Reply

Latest