The Student Room Group

If i take out 50% + on my credit cards, and then pay them back, is this a sure way to

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Quady
No, I mean I get 0.5%+ of my spend refunded to me annually and pay no interest. Last year I made £248 from Amex cashback (excluding additional Amex offers).

Original post by returnmigrant
The standard American Express card is not a conventional credit card. Its a payment card, and you are required to pay off the entire balance every month.

I get some of my Amex back in airmiles, and I don't have to repay the whole balance, only the minimum, but you know I can't withdraw cash on this card, so I can't use it for this plan (withdraw the money, then pay it back in).

I hope you understand???
Reply 61
The standard American Express card is not a conventional credit card. Its a payment card, and you are required to pay off the entire balance every month.

Thats a charge card, this is a thread about credit cards...

Only the credit cards give cashback.
Reply 62
Original post by john2054
I get some of my Amex back in airmiles, and I don't have to repay the whole balance, only the minimum, but you know I can't withdraw cash on this card, so I can't use it for this plan (withdraw the money, then pay it back in).

I hope you understand???

Well I understand that.

I just don't understand what the point is in your scheme. ie why do you want a set of high credit lines and pay substantial sums?

If you need it just ask for a credit rise, I don't get why you're trying to artifically raise it for seemingly no purpose...
Reply 63
Original post by Quady
Thats a charge card, this is a thread about credit cards...

It's not a charge card, it's a credit card. I can buy things with it when i have a zero or negative balance, charge cards only allow you to spend money when you have it....
Original post by Quady
Well I understand that.

I just don't understand what the point is in your scheme. ie why do you want a set of high credit lines and pay substantial sums?

If you need it just ask for a credit rise, I don't get why you're trying to artifically raise it for seemingly no purpose...

I will ask for credit rises, when the given periods you have to wait between them elapse, that is 8 months for the capital one cards, and generally about 6 for the rest of them....

Do you even have any form of credit Quandy??
Original post by Quady

Not correct. And since I once worked in this area I possibly know more about it than you do.
Reply 65
Not correct. And since I once worked in this area I possibly know more about it than you do.

Thats cool.

Which of the charge cards do?
Reply 66
It's not a charge card, it's a credit card. I can buy things with it when i have a zero or negative balance, charge cards only allow you to spend money when you have it....

I will ask for credit rises, when the given periods you have to wait between them elapse, that is 8 months for the capital one cards, and generally about 6 for the rest of them....

Do you even have any form of credit Quandy??

I wasn't talking to you about that was I...?

Yeah, my question was why.

Apart from my mortgage and two credit cards (one I've already mentioned about on this thread), no. But then you know, I've got my savings (which naturally offset the mortgage) and my avios /nectar points.
Reply 67
Original post by Quady
I wasn't talking to you about that was I...?

Yeah, my question was why.

Apart from my mortgage and two credit cards (one I've already mentioned about on this thread), no. But then you know, I've got my savings (which naturally offset the mortgage) and my avios /nectar points.

It doesn't matter, we're having a group discussion, that's what people do: discuss....?
Reply 68
It doesn't matter, we're having a group discussion, that's what people do: discuss....?

You started the discussion, your motive is kind of key to it.
Reply 69
Original post by Quady
You started the discussion, your motive is kind of key to it.

My motive to this discussion, is both to inform others of an easy an efficient way to extent your credit limits, on active cards, and also educate myself as to the implications and impact on this, both as to what effect this will impress on others, and also how my own standing in the community will be implicated by all this...

Does that make any sense?
Reply 70
and also how my own standing in the community will be implicated by all this...

wut?
Reply 71
Original post by jneill
wut?

Never mind.

I am actually thinking about starting up a pension fund, so i guess i will need to cut back on my frivolous spending on credit cards!
Reply 72
Never mind.

I am actually thinking about starting up a pension fund, so i guess i will need to cut back on my frivolous spending on credit cards!

That would be much more sensible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73

Original post by Quady
Thats cool.

Which of the charge cards do?

Original post by jneill
wut?

I've decided to stop this latest credit card scheme, because i really can't afford it, and i want to pay my money in to a private pension instead!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending