The Student Room Group

Do you know what career you want to do or you still clueless?

Some people seem to know what careers they want to do however I do have deep interest and passion for two of my A-Level Choices e.g. History and Sociology. Yet I don't know what career I want to do. For my I want to do a Job I love. My A-level Choices
English Lit(love this to)
Whats journalism like
What about you?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

A year ago, I said I wanted to become a leading headmaster in a private school.

Now, however, I am thinking of getting a degree in French and Linguistics and travelling the world finding out about different cultures and how they live- for as little money as possible.

So I wouldn't say I want a hard and fast job.
Lol I change my mind a lot, changed my mind about A Levels and paying the price by having to take new subjects this year, honestly if you are indecisive at A Levels its normal. I want to do Biomedical Science atm
Reply 3
Original post by Rhythmical
Lol I change my mind a lot, changed my mind about A Levels and paying the price by having to take new subjects this year, honestly if you are indecisive at A Levels its normal. I want to do Biomedical Science atm

Well for my A-Levels I chose what i loved and would choosing your career just let it happen and see where life takes you?
Reply 4
Original post by TeenPolyglot
A year ago, I said I wanted to become a leading headmaster in a private school.

Now, however, I am thinking of getting a degree in French and Linguistics and travelling the world finding out about different cultures and how they live- for as little money as possible.

So I wouldn't say I want a hard and fast j/ ob.

Anywhere in particular you'd like to travel :smile:
Reply 5
I really want to be a Biomedical Scientist
Original post by loisb45
Well for my A-Levels I chose what i loved and would choosing your career just let it happen and see where life takes you?

I did the same too, then took into factor job prospects and realistic salary expectations. Yes ok you have a degree but that won't get a job in itself.
Reply 7

I study BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science and I want to be a Biomedical Scientist :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by AshEntropy
I study BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science and I want to be a Biomedical Scientist :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's my goal, this year I'm going to do work experience as it's crucial, right?
Reply 9
That's my goal, this year I'm going to do work experience as it's crucial, right?

Nope, it's not crucial, but it will help you decide whether you are interested in the Biomedical Science career :smile:
Reply 10

That sounds great! And no I am doing my A-Levels dunno if I want a degree so I really dont know what I want to do was wondering about Journalism but heard its hard to crack into?:smile:
Your job doesn't have to be related to what A-level subjects you enjoy. I enjoy my subjects, but I wouldn't want to do them as a job. After all, they only exist in academia.
Although I have finished the A levels, I have no idea what a career I want to do exactly. Something with sciences, maybe in combination with technology. I am in two minds about doing, as if I am a leaf on the water surface which is drifting on a river.
Reply 13
I always thought I wanted to get into politics or journalism, I definitely want to do something in media. But with being a politician there's just so much negativity around it, no matter how much you try people will end up hating you. So I don't know, as much as I'd like to be known, I'd rather be unknown than be hated. So right now I'm clueless, good thing the university degree I applied for (PPE) gives me many choices. All I know is I want to do journalism, I'm not sure if I should then go down the route of politics or deeper into media, I'll let time decide that I guess
Reply 14
Original post by Kallisto
Although I have finished the A levels, I have no idea what a career I want to do exactly. Something with sciences, maybe in combination with technology. I am in two minds about doing, as if I am a leaf on the water surface which is drifting on a river.

I mean the pressure at 16 to know or when you finsh to know what you want to do sometimes you don't! But I love History and Sociology and Would to love to do something relating to them! Being looking into Journalism as a career but dunno
Reply 15
Original post by zayn008
I always thought I wanted to get into politics or journalism, I definitely want to do something in media. But with being a politician there's just so much negativity around it, no matter how much you try people will end up hating you. So I don't know, as much as I'd like to be known, I'd rather be unknown than be hated. So right now I'm clueless, good thing the university degree I applied for (PPE) gives me many choices. All I know is I want to do journalism, I'm not sure if I should then go down the route of politics or deeper into media, I'll let time decide that I guess

Whatever interests you or what you choose ? Are you interested in politics as I mean they'd be things to constantly write articles on I mean I interested in politics but I would not write about it. I know there is a reputation of corrupt MPs etc but surely not everyone is and some MPs stand apart from others though
How hard is it to get into Journalism and getting experience and what skills and areas can you write about? :smile:
Yes. I have known exactly what job and career I want since I was 16 (in my last year of GCSE).

I seem to be the exception here, though. :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Michiyo
Yes. I have known exactly what job and career I want since I was 16 (in my last year of GCSE).

I seem to be the exception here, though. :smile:

What career is that?
Original post by loisb45
What career is that?

Strategy/Strategic Analyst :love: It is not a common job at all, but it is exactly the job I dreamed and idolised as a child before I found out it actually existed when I was 16. :smile:
Reply 19
Awesome! all I mean can I just see where lives takes me and not set on one career type I mean there is various things I'd love to do and I have various other aspirations than a career. I wonder how people know cause I never can set my mind on one career I wanna do? :smile:

Original post by Michiyo
Strategy/Strategic Analyst :love: It is not a common job at all, but it is exactly the job I dreamed and idolised as a child before I found out it actually existed when I was 16. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest