The Student Room Group

Multiple shot dead by Florida gunman

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bornblue
I thought the problem was that everyone else in the airport didn't have a gun?

I thought the reason why the Orlando shooter killed so many was that everyone in the club didn't have a gun?

Wait, are you suggesting just possibly that no one in an airport having a gun is far safer than everyone having a gun? Blimey.

I'm a fan of people who are have not been suffering from mental problems having a gun, something which if you look at federal gun laws is prohibited.
Ah yes, it would have been far worse for him not to be granted his 'civil right' of having a gun.

Could you imagine if his 'civil right' to have a gun wasn't granted and those five people he murdered were still alive?

Did I say that would of been better?
The state would have been sued if he hadn't been allowed it if he hasn't been diagnosed with any illness.
Original post by joecphillips
The gun was brought in via a air Canada flight so if it originated from there Canada is a country with strict gun laws

A better change to prevent this would be to change the laws to not allow ammo on flights that might of stopped this without on infringing on Americans rights

Air Canada doesn't just do flights between Canada and other destinations...
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Air Canada doesn't just do flights between Canada and other destinations...

I was not sure of what route they took at that time that is why I did not say that is what happened.

It's a fair assumption that a flight on a Canadian airline might of went via Canada
I was not sure of what route they took at that time that is why I did not say that is what happened.

It's a fair assumption that a flight on a Canadian airline might have gone via Canada

If it was a transit, the checked luggage would not have gone through Canadian security check I don't think.
Original post by Sabertooth
I take it that France and Germany are going to ban trucks?

The main purpose of trucks is not to kill.

What other purposes does a gun serve other than to kill?
Original post by Mathemagicien
So he probably looked jewish. So he was white. Probably christian too.

It's hilarious that people are saying he's not white because he's presumably Hispanic.

Poor Spaniards getting kicked out of the white race.
Did I say that would of been better?
The state would have been sued if he hadn't been allowed it if he hasn't been diagnosed with any illness.

Well you seem to be suggesting that a persons right to have a gun is more important than innocent peoples right not to be murdered?

Do you still standby your claim that everyone in the airport should have a gun?

Also why will you not answer my question about the Orlando nightclub? Should everyone in the nightclub have had a gun on them?
Original post by Willy Pete
The target could be anything. Animals are a particular favourite among gun owners.

Is killing an animal not killing if it's not human?
It is another mass public shooting in a gun free zone

It is not. It's legal to carry guns in checked luggage. He got his gun from his checked luggage.
I'm a fan of people who are have not been suffering from mental problems having a gun, something which if you look at federal gun laws is prohibited.

Yet here a gun was acquired legally, transported legally and the end result is five murdered civilians.

Seems that you think people's right to have a gun is more important than other people's right not to be murdered.

Are you still claiming that the answer to gun crime is giving everyone a gun?
It is not. It's legal to carry guns in checked luggage. He got his gun from his checked luggage.

Don't worry, he's already explained that the reason gun crime is so high is not because of guns but because there aren't enough guns.
Reply 132
Don't worry, he's already explained that the reason gun crime is so high is not because of guns but because there aren't enough guns.

It's a good thing that criminals can't get guns, and that lunatic theologians haven't figured out that you can kill people with things other than guns. Cleavers, trucks, aeroplanes.

If either of those things were true, all this naval gazing about the second amendment would be pretty dumb.

Indeed. All passengers should have carried a gun on a flight. This way when a terrorist tries to take over the plane everyone could just shoot everywhere and break all the windows so planes could start falling from the sky. There will only be an increased number of aviation accidents, not gun deaths.

To prevent shooting from happening in schools, the only way is to arm every teacher and child so when someone breaks in everyone can shoot everywhere so the kinder kids could all die in peace due to not running fast enough and the teachers could just accidentally kill some of the annoying students.

To prevent shooting from happening in a public place like Times Square everyone could just be armed with guns so all those people walking around could just all die in a crossfire and then hopefully Mariah Carey could've shot the culprit who forgot to put her CD on for her to lip-sync.
Original post by jape
It's a good thing that criminals can't get guns, and that lunatic theologians haven't figured out that you can kill people with things other than guns. Cleavers, trucks, aeroplanes.

If either of those things were true, all this naval gazing about the second amendment would be pretty dumb.

The US has a much higher murder rate compared to all other developed countries.

It's also much easier to obtain a gun illegally when there are legal guns everywhere. If I want to buy a gun from someone, I need to actually know some drug cartel or whatever; if an American wants to buy a gun from someone, they could just ask their neighbours.
Original post by Trinculo
From the point of view of the pro-gun people, this is something enshrined, not in law, but in the constitution of the country. It's not a option or a privilege, but a right stemming from the foundation of the nation. That's compelling stuff. This isn't like changing the speed limit on the motorway, it's major constitutional stuff.

The second amendment states that it's for "a well regulated Militia" but let's just assume it meant every private citizen including mentally ill people and babies.
Well you seem to be suggesting that a persons right to have a gun is more important than innocent peoples right not to be murdered?

Do you still standby your claim that everyone in the airport should have a gun?

Also why will you not answer my question about the Orlando nightclub? Should everyone in the nightclub have had a gun on them?

Where did I say everyone should have a gun in the airport? I have said gun free zones are basically a sign saying shoot here.

See my point about gun free zones above.

I'm saying the state shouldn't be able to take away people's rights except in very narrow circumstances.

You seem to assume that gun=murder which is wrong.
You have suggested people's right to drive is more important than their right not to be murdered.
Simple question what kills people a gun or a person?

When a young child shoots someone to death accidentally, do we arrest the child and give them the death penalty; or do we take away the gun?
The second amendment states that it's for "a well regulated Militia" but let's just assume it meant every private citizen including mentally ill people and babies.

You do know it is against federal law for mentally ill people to buy a gun
Reply 139
The US has a much higher murder rate compared to all other developed countries.

It's also much easier to obtain a gun illegally when there are legal guns everywhere. If I want to buy a gun from someone, I need to actually know some drug cartel or whatever; if an American wants to buy a gun from someone, they could just ask their neighbours.

Chicago has the strictest gun laws of any metro area in the US. Consistently the highest deaths. California has the strictest of any state, exceedingly high gun deaths. Even if you think the Second Amendment is daft, getting each other off about how civilised we all are for not having guns is pointless because firearm ownership is so prolific in the US is can't be reversed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending