The Student Room Group

Most overrated food??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker
Loch? Sounds scottish and therefore further away from me than france. :tongue:

Here i disagree. Jafffa cakes are divine.

Whereabouts is that? Near Brighton perhaps?

Loch Fyne is a chain of seafood restaurants. I'm really close to France too though, had moules when I was there in March!

Posted from TSR Mobile
People should definitely check out the underrated foods thread as well!

What do you love that doesn't get the attention it deserves?

Original post by River Shadow
Loch Fyne is a chain of seafood restaurants. I'm really close to France too though, had moules when I was there in March!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting, Will check them out. Thanks for the tip.

:five:
Original post by fabstrawberry
KFC definitely. The chicken is dry and so are the chips, McDonald's chips are nicer. Also KFC is expensive compared to McDonalds ;S
In response to the other answers, I'm not even that keen on bacon. It's just the fat I can't stand. Even cutting all of it off there's always more of it lurking somewhere *shivers*. I love nutella though, always have. Oreos are good but not that special.

Actually, we find McDonald's more expensive than KFC. For me and my parents, we can get a 6 piece bargain bucket from KFC (or a 10 piece if we are very hungry) for either £9.99, or £12.99. Now tell me; which McDonalds' can I go to where I can get 3 meals for £9.99? :rolleyes:

I doubt I'd even be able to get 3 McDonald's meals for £12.99!

The only difference, IMO, is that McDonalds include a drink - however, we usually eat our KFC's at home so the drinks aren't an issue. :smile:

McDonald's is IMO, overrated.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spotify95
Actually, we find McDonald's more expensive than KFC. For me and my parents, we can get a 6 piece bargain bucket from KFC 9or a 10 piece if we are very hungry) for either £9.99, or £12.99. Now tell me; which McDonalds' can I go to where I can get 3 meals for £9.99? :rolleyes:

The only difference, IMO, is that McDonalds include a drink - however, we usually eat our KFC's at home so the drinks aren't an issue. :smile:

You're not really comparing like with like. Without a drink the Mcdonald's would be cheaper. Also, you could get 3 of those bus tickets with the fries and big mac/chicken burger for 1.99 - 6pounds for you and your parents! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
asparagus
Nutella can't stand the stuff, doesn't even taste nice, the hype is unjustified.
Pizza from a takeaway, supermarket or even a restaurant. I've never had one that really impressed me or that beats the ones I easily make at home with everything I want on them and with the crust the right thickness etc.

Nandos is a given. As for KFC I prefer other chicken shops if I really want that kind of chicken as they're better value.

Also always thought crisps are overrated...I only really like kettle chips or pink pringles but other than that any other type/flavour is horrible. Walkers especially are really greasy and lack substance.
Original post by pinamojito
Pizza from a takeaway, supermarket or even a restaurant. I've never had one that really impressed me or that beats the ones I easily make at home with everything I want on them and with the crust the right thickness etc.

sounds gd, you should post a recipe up.
Nandos and pizza..
Macaroons
Pizza.... It's not all that
Original post by pinamojito

Nandos is a given. As for KFC I prefer other chicken shops if I really want that kind of chicken as they're better value.

Also always thought crisps are overrated...I only really like kettle chips or pink pringles but other than that any other type/flavour is horrible. Walkers especially are really greasy and lack substance.

Agree with the crisps... They're so bland, yet they seem to be a staple in everyone's cupboard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nando's has stopped being overrated recently because everyone's been jumping on the bandwagon going the opposite way and started banging on about how overrated it is. I like it personally, it's fine for what it is. If you like flavoured chicken you can get a good meal there for a decent price. It's not GREAT food, but it's good for the reasonably low cost and it's a fairly lively place for a group meal.

Caviar is overrated, I firmly believe people eat it to show they can afford it rather than because it actually tastes nice.

Also things like green tea, spinach and goji berries ... anything that falls into the superfood category. I actually consume them regularly because I like them, but they're certainly not the be all to end all answer to weight loss every medical problem the way some people would have you believe.
Nutella!
Coca Cola. Coke sweets are yum but the actual thing isn't as tasty >>

Also caviar. Da shiz nasty.
Original post by absurdity69
Macaroons

D: How could you say that!? Those are my favourite :P (they're so expensive though >>)
(edited 9 years ago)
Shop/chain bought standard pizza. Home-made on the other hand.
Original post by milliethemoo
I wouldn't say Dr Pepper was overrated, I'm literally the only person I know who likes it :s-smilie:

My best friend is obsessed with the stuff
Original post by NatashaCross
Nutella!

Chocolate spread is exactly the same as Nutella?
Original post by spotify95
Actually, we find McDonald's more expensive than KFC. For me and my parents, we can get a 6 piece bargain bucket from KFC 9or a 10 piece if we are very hungry) for either £9.99, or £12.99. Now tell me; which McDonalds' can I go to where I can get 3 meals for £9.99? :rolleyes:

There's the value menu, you could get your food for £2 each and the McDonald's are fab compared to KFC's dry ones.
Original post by memequeen14
There's the value menu, you could get your food for £2 each and the McDonald's are fab compared to KFC's dry ones.

Actually, I find KFC's food more substantial and amicable. The only maccies stuff I like is the big Mac meal (about £6), but even that's only something to eat - it doesn't do anything for me. But KFC is slightly cheaper, tastes far better and actually fills me up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest