The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Is it worth applying for a course that is well above your grades? UCAS HELP:)

I am currently studying art at Central Saint Martins but have decided I want to study Art History and English Lit next year. Leeds has been one of my favorites of all the unis I've visited, but the course I would apply for requires AAA, which is well above my grades (which are equivalent to BBB). is it still worth applying? or should I spend my last choice places on other courses? i also may qualify for access to leeds which would lower entry requirement grades to ABB. tytyty for reading xx
I would still apply, as I applied to Leeds and qualified for access to leeds, I was predicted BBB but they want AAA.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by miajohnsonhall
I am currently studying art at Central Saint Martins but have decided I want to study Art History and English Lit next year. Leeds has been one of my favorites of all the unis I've visited, but the course I would apply for requires AAA, which is well above my grades (which are equivalent to BBB). is it still worth applying? or should I spend my last choice places on other courses? i also may qualify for access to leeds which would lower entry requirement grades to ABB. tytyty for reading xx

Definitely still apply for it! I got predicted A*BC and I previously achieved a C in GCSE Maths and wanted to apply to Lancaster which is AAB and grade B GCSE Maths for Business Studies with a year abroad, and their management school is pretty competitive. I was scared I wasn't going to get in because like Leeds, they are such a good school. I got an offer and it was even reduced to ABB which is more achieveable for me, so it was a very good outcome!

Look into Access to Leeds, they offer a grade drop system as well as looking more into your contextual circumstances. So that nmay really help you, although you need to meet something like 2 out of the 5 criteria they have to be eligible.

Also, just in case you don't get an offer, make sure you apply to a range of Uni's with a range of entry requirements. Don't apply to all AAA universities as that could be quite risky. Apply to 1 or 2 below your predicted grades as insurances, 2 on your preducted grades and 1 or 2 above as risky ones such as Leeds.

Hope you get an offer!
Original post by itsjusthannah
Definitely still apply for it! I got predicted A*BC and I previously achieved a C in GCSE Maths and wanted to apply to Lancaster which is AAB and grade B GCSE Maths for Business Studies with a year abroad, and their management school is pretty competitive. I was scared I wasn't going to get in because like Leeds, they are such a good school. I got an offer and it was even reduced to ABB which is more achieveable for me, so it was a very good outcome!

Look into Access to Leeds, they offer a grade drop system as well as looking more into your contextual circumstances. So that nmay really help you, although you need to meet something like 2 out of the 5 criteria they have to be eligible.

Also, just in case you don't get an offer, make sure you apply to a range of Uni's with a range of entry requirements. Don't apply to all AAA universities as that could be quite risky. Apply to 1 or 2 below your predicted grades as insurances, 2 on your preducted grades and 1 or 2 above as risky ones such as Leeds.

Hope you get an offer!

aw thankyou so much this was really helpfull, congrats on your place!!
and cheers ahaha<33

Quick Reply

Latest