The Student Room Group

Cambridge Decisions 2017 - info and FAQ

Scroll to see replies

If we've been pooled and called for a reinterview, and that college decides that they don't want us, is that the end of the road?

I mean the idea is that doesn't happen, and I'm not panicking or fretting. I'm curious.
Reply 41
Original post by SteamboatMickey
If we've been pooled and called for a reinterview, and that college decides that they don't want us, is that the end of the road?

I mean the idea is that doesn't happen, and I'm not panicking or fretting. I'm curious.

Yes.

It sometimes happens that a college puts a candidate into the pool and then fishes them back to make an offer. But afaik if you've been passed over to another college for interview then that's your remaining chance right there.
Original post by jneill
Yes.

It sometimes happens that a college puts a candidate into the pool and then fishes them back to make an offer. But afaik if you've been passed over to another college for interview then that's your remaining chance right there.

Interesting stuff! Thank you! Glad I like both of my colleges then :smile:

I believe so, I think the logic is that if 2 colleges have refused us, the rest will probably do the same. Although perhaps your original college may have the option to take you back? I'm not quite sure.

I'm just praying my reinterviewing goes well. I'm even more fussed about getting an offer now because I have to make the trip twice and have the stress that comes with it, twice. Which is a lot to then be told it's all for nothing. 😕 I hope it goes well for both of us!
Original post by jneill
Complusory pooling is still in place, but it only applies to the relatively few that meet the 3 subject requirement. Applicants in Wales and N Ireland, for example, still have UMS for all subjects. English applicants still have it for Maths, Geography, modern languages, RS, and a few others..

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 45

Yes, because for another college to be able to pick you out of the pool and call you for re-interview, your original college has to have relinquished all claim to you.
Does anyone know how Clare communicates decisions?
Do medics get re-interviewed in general? Or are they just usually fished without interview?
Reply 48
Original post by I can do this
Does anyone know how Clare communicates decisions?

In the absence of other info assume letter sent on the 11th, but no email on the 12th except to non-UK candidates.

Original post by I can do this
Do medics get re-interviewed in general? Or are they just usually fished without interview?

The decision to call for a re-interview is on a case-by-case basis, and is relatively uncommon for all courses.
I didn't realise how long it'd take, figuring most of it would be sorted just waiting for one person to click send on the 12th! I hope i won't have to wait too long! :wink: let the stress continue...
Do we receive letters on the 11th or 12th? I know email is 12th.
Reply 51
Original post by triquetragold
Do we receive letters on the 11th or 12th? I know email is 12th.

Letters are sent on the 11th by First Class post.
Reply 52
My average is 92.5% UMS, could I still be auto pooled?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Smk0502
My average is 92.5% UMS, could I still be auto pooled?

No

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
If I'm a uk student who lives in the EU (home address is uk, postal address is EU on UCAS), would I be more likely to hear by email or by letter? (Applied Gonville and Caius) Thanks :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by ElleCee
If I'm a uk student who lives in the EU (home address is uk, postal address is EU on UCAS), would I be more likely to hear by email or by letter? (Applied Gonville and Caius) Thanks :smile:

If the address your college uses is the EU one then you will get a "non-UK" email on the 12th.

Where have they been sending letters to previously?
Reply 56
Original post by jneill
If the address your college uses is the EU one then you will get a "non-UK" email on the 12th.

Where have they been sending letters to previously?

All contact from them so far has been via email so I'm not sure which address they'd use
Reply 57
Original post by ElleCee
All contact from them so far has been via email so I'm not sure which address they'd use

Sounds like they have your EU address.

One way or the other you'll find out on the 12th :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by jneill
Sounds like they have your EU address.

One way or the other you'll find out on the 12th :smile:

Ok thank you for your help :smile:
Anyone know how Newnham contacts their applicants?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending