The Student Room Group

Why is this boy so snakey?

I have a guy friend that was initially really nice, we got on so well. He asked if I was single and I said I wasn't. He asked how long we'd been dating, I told him and that it was an long distance relationship etc. Anyway, he started becoming really flirty and asking to meet up. I said it wouldn't be appropriate and when he kept asking me every single day when we're meeting I had to keep thinking of excuses. He always asks to call as well and I decline. I said to him look I will tell you when we can meet (so basically never will), but STILL he pesters me daily saying 'hey when are you free?', if I say I'm busy with coursework he'll say 'no you've got time' which really annoys me.

He also keeps sexting me at night, sending me shirtless pictures saying 'I know you fancy me', saying how he wants me in his bed and wants to do sexual things to me. I said I don't like this conversation, it makes me feel guilty, I have a boyfriend I'm happy with, but he says 'I've taken girls from their boyfriends before, be with me instead'. He even says things like 'what if we can't control our urges when we meet?'. 1. We aren't ever meeting. 2. I feel no urges, he is immoral and a 'snake' basically, I have no respect for him and I love my boyfriend.

I've deleted him from all social media. If I tell my boyfriend, I don't want him to get mad at me, he might start getting suspicious of the other guys I talk to and judge me for the friends I make. What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

F**kboy, avoid, block, and report. :h:
Keep the grass cut low, there are snakes.

Avoid him.
Reply 3
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
F**kboy, avoid, block, and report. :h:

I swear he is so arrogant too, sending me about 5 pictures of his upper half even though I say I don't want to see, and asking if I want nude pictures?! I made sure not to compliment him even once or he'll think it's a sign I fancy him. He was trying to convince me not to be with my boyfriend too saying things like look he's miles away, I'm in the same city, once he said 'come on your boyfriend is probably out there cheating on you anyway', that was the last straw. Is it worth telling the boyfriend just for the sake of it, or is it pointless because I've gotten rid of him anyway so it's not going to make much difference whether he knows or not.
Original post by Anonymous
I swear he is so arrogant too, sending me about 5 pictures of his upper half even though I say I don't want to see, and asking if I want nude pictures?! I made sure not to compliment him even once or he'll think it's a sign I fancy him. He was trying to convince me not to be with my boyfriend too saying things like look he's miles away, I'm in the same city, once he said 'come on your boyfriend is probably out there cheating on you anyway', that was the last straw. Is it worth telling the boyfriend just for the sake of it, or is it pointless because I've gotten rid of him anyway so it's not going to make much difference whether he knows or not.

No need to, you've blocked the guy now, so it'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by AppleB
Keep the grass cut low, there are snakes.

Avoid him.

thank you for responding. Yes I'm doing just that and ignoring his 'hey, what's up?' messages today. I thought I could make him tone it down if I just told him I don't like him sexting me because it's making me feel really guilty even reading it and I have a boyfriend who I respect and want to be with, I'd even ignore 2-3 of the messages of him asking what colour underwear I was wearing for example. I'd ignore it and he'd say sorry, I'd speak normally and then he'd say again 'so about that underwear...' he just doesn't take me seriously at all.
Reply 6

Sounds like you willingly kept messaging him then only blocked him when you felt guilty later.
Just make sure he's blocked on everything, cut him out and avoid him. He'll move on to some other unlucky girl
thank you for responding. Yes I'm doing just that and ignoring his 'hey, what's up?' messages today. I thought I could make him tone it down if I just told him I don't like him sexting me because it's making me feel really guilty even reading it and I have a boyfriend who I respect and want to be with, I'd even ignore 2-3 of the messages of him asking what colour underwear I was wearing for example. I'd ignore it and he'd say sorry, I'd speak normally and then he'd say again 'so about that underwear...' he just doesn't take me seriously at all.

He sounds like a beg, best thing to do is to avoid him totally and he'll get bored soon enough.
I don't think you need to tell your boyfriend. You've done nothing wrong, there's not much to report. It's fine mentioning or not mentioning it either way.
Sounds like an utter ****boy to me. Not even worth being friends with this guy from the way you described his behaviour. I'm surprised you even kept him for this long.
I've been in your situation and the only way is to block on all social media. You mentioned him apologizing and then going back to sexting, which just goes to show that he isn't sorry. I don't think you're to blame at all as you didn't respond in a sexual way to his messages, and I don't think you need to tell your boyfriend. But do yourself and your boyfriend a favour by cutting all contact with this guy.
Original post by Pikachū
Sounds like you willingly kept messaging him then only blocked him when you felt guilty later.

no I continued messaging him in the beginning because I thought he was messing, I actually did respect and like him in the beginning as he was a good friend of mine who actually came across really decent. I gave him a couple of chances after he kept flirting, but then when it got too much, I got rid.
Original post by AndrewSCO
Just make sure he's blocked on everything, cut him out and avoid him. He'll move on to some other unlucky girl

Okay yes I will go back and block as I've only deleted him at the moment thinking he'd get the hint as all my information on every social media platform is now hidden from him, evidently not though as he's still messaging saying hello. Awkward.
no I continued messaging him in the beginning because I thought he was messing, I actually did respect and like him in the beginning as he was a good friend of mine who actually came across really decent. I gave him a couple of chances after he kept flirting, but then when it got too much, I got rid.

So why don't you tell yourbf if you think you've done nothing wrong? :lol:
Sounds like an utter ****boy to me. Not even worth being friends with this guy from the way you described his behaviour. I'm surprised you even kept him for this long.
I've been in your situation and the only way is to block on all social media. You mentioned him apologizing and then going back to sexting, which just goes to show that he isn't sorry. I don't think you're to blame at all as you didn't respond in a sexual way to his messages, and I don't think you need to tell your boyfriend. But do yourself and your boyfriend a favour by cutting all contact with this guy.

yeah I kept him for this long because I thought if I made it clear enough that nothing would happen between us, he'd back off and go back to how he used to be, which didn't happen. He must've just been hiding his real intentions all along I'd imagine. I've deleted him on literally everything I have him on and I've muted him too as well as blocked notifications from him. After I removed him, I actually felt so relieved that I wouldn't have to think of some other silly excuse why I couldn't meet him and I wouldn't have to actively dodge him seeing me online on any social media as he'd start messaging immediately asking to meet!
Original post by Pikachū
So why don't you tell yourbf if you think you've done nothing wrong? :lol:

I do want to but it'll just stress him out and he'll doubt every guy I speak to, and I don't think I've done nothing wrong, I know I've done nothing wrong, judge me all you want.
I do want to but it'll just stress him out and he'll doubt every guy I speak to, and I don't think I've done nothing wrong, I know I've done nothing wrong, judge me all you want.

Then tell him.
Why do U need to be a little beg and make a thread about this. You know you should block and avoid him. You lowkey probably like the attention he's giving u, he's probably doing the same to other girls btw so don't feel special
yeah I kept him for this long because I thought if I made it clear enough that nothing would happen between us, he'd back off and go back to how he used to be, which didn't happen. He must've just been hiding his real intentions all along I'd imagine. I've deleted him on literally everything I have him on and I've muted him too as well as blocked notifications from him. After I removed him, I actually felt so relieved that I wouldn't have to think of some other silly excuse why I couldn't meet him and I wouldn't have to actively dodge him seeing me online on any social media as he'd start messaging immediately asking to meet!

I think muting isn't enough, I would go for a full block if I were you. In my opinion from what you've described you've done nothing wrong and it's not worth ruining your happiness for some creepy low life. I mean I would have probably blocked as soon as the nudes were requested because it just shows that he has no respect for your relationship. I just hope that you don't have to encounter this guy in real life as it can be awkard.
Original post by Ribbit1234
Why do U need to be a little beg and make a thread about this. You know you should block and avoid him. You lowkey probably like the attention he's giving u, he's probably doing the same to other girls btw so don't feel special

I'll make a thread about what I want thanks, and yeah he probably does give the same sort of attention to another 5-10 girls and quite frankly, I couldn't care less. If anything, I feel insulted that a boy like him thinks he can break up my relationship in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending