The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sena5
have you ever been fat?
no, i don't think so..cos you don't seem to understand the pain.

Yes I have lol. I was near enough obese in year 8 and was sick of being a fat **** and looking hideous and changed myself and look good now.

It's honestly much better to take action rather than just feeling sorry for yourself. Not trying to sound mean :smile:
Lose some weight then chubbs
Reply 22
Original post by toonervoustotalk
You have proved her wrong tbh by being able to do the work despite what she thinks of your body. I know you said that you are busy alot of the days and this is a suggestion :smile: a change in diet may help and also a quick 20 mins bodyweight exercises before you leave for work may help.

Spoiler

aww your so kinds tooners...I do rememba youuuuuuuuu...

:handkiss:

Original post by Sena5
My mother used to speak about a girl and asked to show her fb pictures.
I showed my mother and my mother said, "You are better than her as she is very fat."

I felt that this is too much and beyond the limit! I undergo too many stresses in my life.

My mother asks me to watch my one and half year old nephew plus look after the cleaning of the house.
This is too much because I go to classes on Sundays.
In addition, I go to the school internship here where i live early morning as the school starts at half past seven and from their I take a tuk and go to the office where I actually work. My life is very busy and tight. The actual job where i work ends at 10pm in the night. I feel tired after work.

I am doing all this for the sake my boyfriend's mother requires me to have this if i need to become her daughter in law.

I shouted at my mother for calling me fat and she was like i am the fat out of those in our family. I feel really bad! [angry]

My mum does this too, took me years to understand why. Mothers love their children, sakes, they gave birth their to children! They really want the best for their children but sometimes struggle articulating that, and end up coming accross in a pushy/mean/shouty way.

She's pushing you for your own good, so you can be a better person. You have to not argue and just cooperate with her, it'll make it easier. Try show some love to the woman who brought you into the world.

Honestly, theres not that many stresses in life. Some people are refugees, homeless, alone, starving.
Push through it, get on with it, and show your mother you love her. In doing that things will improve.

I'm being harsh i know, but hell I spent years not getting along with my mother and I wish I hadn't. Just put yourself in her shoes and realise she loves you.

Good luck!
Reply 24
Original post by Sena5
Are you offending me as well?

Only if you find not decaying quickly after being buried offensive.
Who gives a f*ck?

Prove her wrong instead of letting words get to you! GO GIRL!
How old are you? You could try talking to her - don't get angry, but tell her how much her words hurt you and ask her to stop.
Reply 27
Original post by Maker

hahah u make me out of my sadness..thank you :smile:
Original post by Maker

Have you got anything constructive/nice to add to the thread?
Reply 29
Original post by HopelessMedic
That makes no sense, it's easy to be fat and hard to be slim?

Whilst it's a bit rude of your mum to say perhaps she just wants you to be healthy.

as if my mum knows my bmi

why does it make no sense? it is easy to become slim?
Reply 30
Original post by Results
Who gives a f*ck?

Prove her wrong instead of letting words get to you! GO GIRL!

love ya buddy thankeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuu :smile::smile:
Reply 31
Original post by YaliaV
Have you got anything constructive/nice to add to the thread?

Yes, the Germans have invented a way to increase the rate of decay of fat dead people by pumping air into the coffins.

So if you are fat and die and want to be buried, try to do it in Germany.
Original post by Sena5

OP how much do you actually weigh and what's your height?

also how old are you
Original post by Sena5

You implied that the other person was not fat and therefore couldn't understand your pain. It is harder to be slim then it is to be fat, so i'm not sure what pain you are talking about. People aren't just slim by chance, it's down to discipline most of the time.

Also it's not easy to lose weight, but it is simple.
Reply 34
Original post by Maker
Yes, the Germans have invented a way to increase the rate of decay of fat dead people by pumping air into the coffins.

So if you are fat and die and want to be buried, try to do it in Germany.

hey don't encourage about death..all of you please live and be happy. :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Pikachū
OP how much do you actually weigh and what's your height?

also how old are you

good thing to ask..i dont know my weight but my height is 5.6 feet and i'm 20 years old.
Reply 36
Original post by HopelessMedic
You implied that the other person was not fat and therefore couldn't understand your pain. It is harder to be slim then it is to be fat, so i'm not sure what pain you are talking about. People aren't just slim by chance, it's down to discipline most of the time.

Also it's not easy to lose weight, but it is simple.

I do not know what to say..bravo
Original post by Sena5
good thing to ask..i dont know my weight but my height is 5.6 feet and i'm 20 years old.

5.6 feet as in 5 foot 6 inches?
Reply 38
Original post by Sena5
My mother used to speak about a girl and asked to show her fb pictures.
I showed my mother and my mother said, "You are better than her as she is very fat."

I felt that this is too much and beyond the limit! I undergo too many stresses in my life.

My mother asks me to watch my one and half year old nephew plus look after the cleaning of the house.
This is too much because I go to classes on Sundays.
In addition, I go to the school internship here where i live early morning as the school starts at half past seven and from their I take a tuk and go to the office where I actually work. My life is very busy and tight. The actual job where i work ends at 10pm in the night. I feel tired after work.

I am doing all this for the sake my boyfriend's mother requires me to have this if i need to become her daughter in law.

I shouted at my mother for calling me fat and she was like i am the fat out of those in our family. I feel really bad! [angry]

You know, I think you place your self-worth in how you look. That's really dangerous when you think about it. People are valuable, whatever they look like and however healthy they are.

It's understandable that you took offence, but is it helping you? Why not get back up and do something about it? Why not take some steps to reduce your weight, and more importantly, switch your diet to something with more fresh veg and live an active lifestyle? It will help improve your health, and is also likely to improve your self-esteem and mood.

Easier said than done, but worth the effort, I reckon, especially when you get older.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Pikachū
5.6 feet as in 5 foot 6 inches?

exactly

Latest

Trending

Trending