The Student Room Group

Muslim girls: Would you prefer your husband to come out?

I was shocked at the responses from the other thread. I'm an ex-Muslim guy going to marry a Muslim girl in the summer. She doesn't know yet and I don't plan to tell her until years after the marriage. It's just that she is very religious and all, she always prays five times a day, fasts, wears hijab and abaya.

Would you prefer your husband to come out after marriage or before?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I was shocked at the responses from the other thread. I'm an ex-Muslim guy going to marry a Muslim girl in the summer. She doesn't know yet and I don't plan to tell her until years after the marriage. It's just that she is very religious and all, she always prays five times a day, fasts, wears hijab and abaya.

I'm not a Muslim but telling her after doesn't sound like a good idea tbh.

if she knew you weren't a Muslim , would she still marry you?

Probs best you tell her , you'll be stuck with her for the rest of ur life!

I'm an ex-Muslim as well and I think that what you are doing is wrong.

Tell her the truth. If she leaves you then find a girl who is more suited to you and who you can live an honest life with. Why is it that you want to marry her? Is it love, or do you have specific reasons for wanting to marry a religious Muslim girl such as familial approval? If the latter, I strongly suggest that you don't go ahead with this marriage.

I'm surprised because I could only be with a Muslim guy if he was non-nonpracticing and very liberal, otherwise there would be too much conflict.
Wtf. Why would you marry someone who follows a strict way of life, which doesn't allow her to be with someone who doesn't share the same belief? Thats being so selfish, deceiving and f'ed up tbh. I repeat, this isn't some minor preference she has. It is clearly a way of life. I don't think this thread is serious anyway.

Why does she think you're a Muslim? Did you lie and say you were?
what!? why the hell would you marry her knowing you are gay and not telling her until 5 years later say when you probably may have like a kid or 2. firstly that would break her heart and secondly how does that help you in anyway?

and this doesnt apply to muslims only...even if you marry and atheist telling her after is crazy
Reply 7
This can't be serious.
Original post by sfaraj
what!? why the hell would you marry her knowing you are gay and not telling her until 5 years later say when you probably may have like a kid or 2. firstly that would break her heart and secondly how does that help you in anyway?

and this doesnt apply to muslims only...even if you marry and atheist telling her after is crazy

He's not gay. Lmfao.
He's not gay. Lmfao.

he literally said he plans on telling her later
Original post by sfaraj
he literally said he plans on telling her later

Telling her he's not Muslim. She thinks he is. To be fair, the thread title is a little confusing
You need to convert if you're going to marry her.
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Telling her he's not Muslim. She thinks he is. To be fair, the thread title is a little confusing

ohhhhhhhhh ahaha thankss makes so much more sense now...i agree the title was what confused me thanks :smile:
He's not gay. Lmfao.

You can't blame him that's what I thought aswell
Original post by sfaraj
ohhhhhhhhh ahaha thankss makes so much more sense now...i agree the title was what confused me thanks :smile:

Original post by TheAlphaParticle
You can't blame him that's what I thought aswell

Original post by CarysJSLewis

That's why you read the OP.
Original post by Jack22031994
I'm not a Muslim but telling her after doesn't sound like a good idea tbh.

if she knew you weren't a Muslim , would she still marry you?

That's what I'm worried about. I fought through so much to be with her. And my dream came true that I am engaged to her. One BIG barrier I had to fight was the ethnicity difference. I am a Gujarati Indian and she is an North African Arab. I left Islam around a year ago and haven't mentioned anything. I am unsure if she will still marry me if I came out so I just feel its safer not to. I kind of can't imagine not being with her now.
That's why you read the OP.

i did

plus he ended it with would you prefer your husband to come out before or after...
That's what I'm worried about. I fought through so much to be with her. And my dream came true that I am engaged to her. One BIG barrier I had to fight was the ethnicity difference. I am a Gujarati Indian and she is an North African Arab. I left Islam around a year ago and haven't mentioned anything. I am unsure if she will still marry me if I came out so I just feel its safer not to. I kind of can't imagine not being with her now.

It's a tough situation but if it was the other way around, what would you want her to do?

I think you need to be a good human being and tell her, because if you're not religious and she is it will create problems. Don't ruin a girl's life bro.
I don't think that's fair on her to be honest, I see myself as quite a liberal muslim but you can't build a relationship on a lie and when she finds out I can guarantee that it just won't be the same. She could also find it difficult to trust you again. The earlier you tell her the better. Maybe she won't mind marrying a non muslim. Some muslims I know of don't mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending