The Student Room Group

23 going on 24 and have never had a girlfriend

I'll be 24 soon, plus I'm still a virgin! I feel so depressed about it. I see loads of people in relationships at my age and it makes me feel like ****. So what shall I do? Would i get rejected because of it? Is it a red flag? Please give me some advice.
What do you do to meet girls/get dates? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Matty2993
I'll be 24 soon, plus I'm still a virgin! I feel so depressed about it. I see loads of people in relationships at my age and it makes me feel like ****. So what shall I do? Would i get rejected because of it? Is it a red flag? Please give me some advice.

Hey it's okay man , I'm 20 years old and never had a girlfriend because of my culture. Enjoy life man, travel to other countries,study and go to the gym it will make you happy.
If you get rejected over it then she clearly isn't right for you, if a girl likes you it won't be a problem.

Put yourself out there a bit more, set yourself a goal, Eg, interact with at least one stranger a day. Stop trying to hard to actively seek a relationship, the best ones usually happen when you're aren't looking.
Reply 4
Be more social, if you're in uni try to attend different events (not only those related to drinking).

I've heard lots of people give advice on this sort of thread before and the usual thing that comes up is 'self-improvement'. Of course you can put yourself out there more socially, go to the gym etc but from my experience, none of those things will directly get you a girlfriend. In fact it's all about mindset plus a bit of luck!

Have you asked many girls out before? If the answer is yes and you've been rejected, then that's actually a good starting point. To ask a girl out takes confidence. Perhaps you haven't met the right person yet- someone who is compatible for you. The most important thing is not to become bitter about this. There is someone out there for everyone.
Reply 6
:iiam:

Sex and women aren't all they're cracked up to be.
I can understand why it gets you down, but it is what it is and there is no point worrying about it. I know plenty of people that have lost their virginity at about your age, some even older and not by design. You're not the only one.
Reply 8
Original post by frozen_fire
I've heard lots of people give advice on this sort of thread before and the usual thing that comes up is 'self-improvement'. Of course you can put yourself out there more socially, go to the gym etc but from my experience, none of those things will directly get you a girlfriend. In fact it's all about mindset plus a bit of luck!

Have you asked many girls out before? If the answer is yes and you've been rejected, then that's actually a good starting point. To ask a girl out takes confidence. Perhaps you haven't met the right person yet- someone who is compatible for you. The most important thing is not to become bitter about this. There is someone out there for everyone.

Yeah I have asked a few girls out in the past but I've got hardly anywhere. I feel like such an odd ball. 😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending