The Student Room Group

What do you think of my chances?

I've applied for biomedical and biological sciences with foundation,through Durham University, I'll be a mature student at 34 and I pretty much only have GCSEs from when I was at school, even then not with spectacular results, I've got the motivation and financial freedom to give all my time to this course, which I hope I've put across in my personal statement, is anyone else in/been in a similar situation, what was the outcome, any help will be appreciated
thanks
Reply 1
Original post by winebowa
I've applied for biomedical and biological sciences with foundation,through Durham University, I'll be a mature student at 34 and I pretty much only have GCSEs from when I was at school, even then not with spectacular results, I've got the motivation and financial freedom to give all my time to this course, which I hope I've put across in my personal statement, is anyone else in/been in a similar situation, what was the outcome, any help will be appreciated
thanks

So long as you have a C in GCSE English Language and C in GCSE Mathematics, you have a very strong chance :smile:
Original post by AshEntropy
So long as you have a C in GCSE English Language and C in GCSE Mathematics, you have a very strong chance :smile:

Thanks for the reply, well... I have a GCSE C in English Language, but a D in Maths, if I don't get in, it looks like it's going to be the access course route

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending