The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rachel58
After my Biology AS (aka the hardest exam ever, to get a B you needed 50%) my Bio teacher asked me how it went and I just sort of died in front of him.

It's even worse if you like your teacher and you don't want to disappoint them but...... did you do that thing where you're like "oh well I don't think it went /too/ bad, but, um, you know I'm not an examiner so I could be wrong...
" (Knowing full well you've probably failed because that's me 😂)
Original post by peachykeen
i was just going to skip college on Thursday but it seems that I now have a history mock that day :frown: might just have to leave my phone at home lol

That's actually a pretty good idea!! The problem is, the suspense would kill me and I'd end up checking my email on the school computers :lol:
Original post by Ruthie2267
Don't even talk about the history content I actually feel like crying at times with how much we need to know 😂

My first cw interpretation is due in on Tuesday im dying - I hope yours is going better!!

First? How many are there? We only have 7 weeks to do history coursework :/
Original post by Christie_xx
You don't have spag bol with garlic bread? It's a classic combo!!:biggrin: You dip the garlic bread in the bolognese and it's delicious :yep:

That...sounds...like Hell in a food.
Original post by FrenchNerd2
First? How many are there? We only have 7 weeks to do history coursework :/

You have to have 3 historical interpretations

Seriously? :redface: iff I were you alfie i'd maybe try starting research now because (for me at least) it's taken a lot of prep time

Then again that's probably just me procrastinating a lot...
Seriously you should because the TSR app is the bane of my life 😂 you also can't @ people in app ??? 🙄🙄 (at least you know somewhere you can apply for a job at if Cambridge doesn't come through 😉)

The app is quite terrible really, but it's a lot faster and uses less data so I don't really have a choice haha

I'll see if I can hack a rep-function into it after I've sat my exams (though that'd be my most ambitious hack to date :b)

And I'd consider a part-time job as a programmer actually! Would never do it full-time though
That's actually a pretty good idea!! The problem is, the suspense would kill me and I'd end up checking my email on the school computers :lol:

noooo I hadn't thought of that!! there is no escape :frown: might have to rope my friends in to restrain me.
Don't even talk about the history content I actually feel like crying at times with how much we need to know 😂

My first cw interpretation is due in on Tuesday im dying - I hope yours is going better!!

Oh my coursework was due in last term - super stressful with UCAS as well!!

God, I hate the A Level reforms sooo much.

Well if it makes you feel better my coursework is barely off the ground - we only got told to start writing it last week, last term we were just researching all of our sources!
Same and I'm honestly so glad my school decided to do them before the Christmas break tbh... meant I could actually relax 😂 We must provide support for others in these trying times 😉

How was your school ready to do mock in December omg

We're not doing ours until February!
Original post by Frobisher
I think it got lost in the end of the last thread so attempt#2
What are people's plans for D-day? Cause I'm assuming most of us will be at school when the post arrives 😬

I am going to open the e-mail when I get home from school so nobody sees my disappointment if it is a rejection :biggrin: it's very convenient that thursday is a short day because I finish at 11.35 and I think the interview e-mail arrived around that time. If it is an offer then I guess I'll celebrate with the family :smile:
Original post by Student1256
I don't think most of us here do considering where we're applying :rofl:

Ah... I have found my people :rofl:
Original post by liziepie
tom wang??

It's a memebridge thing 😂
That...sounds...like Hell in a food.

*heaven?:wink:
You have to have 3 historical interpretations

Seriously? :redface: iff I were you alfie i'd maybe try starting research now because (for me at least) it's taken a lot of prep time

Then again that's probably just me procrastinating a lot...

When you say 3 interpretations do you mean separate questions or extracts because our college is giving us a list of like 20 different extracts to choose from ourselves because of lack of time (according to the spec it's something they're allowed to do so hopefully we won't be disqualified xD)
Original post by Palette
I never knew SS was a possibile STEP condition. I thought at worst it'd be S1 in STEP II and III respectively.

Spoiler

What are you applying for at the Other place? Maths? :redface:
Original post by peachykeen
noooo I hadn't thought of that!! there is no escape :frown: might have to rope my friends in to restrain me.

Good idea!! To be fair people in my school cry quite a lot for some reason so maybe it won't be too embarrassing... I'll just have to wear my waterproof mascara and skip the eyeliner :colondollar:
How was your school ready to do mock in December omg

We're not doing ours until February!

Short answer: they weren't :biggrin: we'd finished our history A2 content but went through it so fast none of us really understand it :frown: and the others we weren't finished so :L

Original post by FrenchNerd2
When you say 3 interpretations do you mean separate questions or extracts because our college is giving us a list of like 20 different extracts to choose from ourselves because of lack of time (according to the spec it's something they're allowed to do so hopefully we won't be disqualified xD)

I mean the three different sources/historical perspectives :smile:

I don't like how different schools tackle it so differently you know like my school hasn't given us any help/resources at all. But yeah they're allowed to give you extracts Nd stuff so long as there's a wide enough choice that you can choose your own
Original post by Palette
I never knew SS was a possibile STEP condition. I thought at worst it'd be S1 in STEP II and III respectively.

Spoiler

I believe it's more common for reapplicants that failed to get their STEP offer the first time round.

And thus we have proven that the French are better at Maths. Q.E.D.
Now we have a new thread I think I'm gonna introduce myself
Applying for Law at Christ's. Kent is my backup and honestly I'd be more than happy to go there, so rejection isn't going to be the end of the world.
I had surgery on Thursday so I'll be off college on the 12th :wink:
Just wanted to say hi given I've been stalking these threads since November :smile:
Good idea!! To be fair people in my school cry quite a lot for some reason so maybe it won't be too embarrassing... I'll just have to wear my waterproof mascara and skip the eyeliner :colondollar:

no no one can see me cry over a university rejection hahaha

Latest

Trending

Trending