The Student Room Group

Is it possible to learn Maths C3 and C4 in 1 or 2 months?

Scroll to see replies

am i the only one that thinks this is not possible?
Reply 21
You could learn C1 or C2 in about a week if you did it quite intensively.
Reply 22
In school we learnt C3 within a month, only 9 hours a fortnight so realistically you 'could' cram all of that into a few days if you wanted to.
Original post by bubblegumcat
am i the only one that thinks this is not possible?

No you are not the only one. It would be unrealistic for the majority of A level maths candidates. It's strange how this discussion crops up so often in maths. There are of course some people with the aptitude to learn it much more quickly and easily than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Wish i read this in the holidays and went for it. Ive learnt the basics in c3 and c4 in class but now i need to make sense of everything so I'm effectively going through the whole course again with only a basic level of understanding. Aiming to do it in 2 weeks, I'd say you could learn the whole thing in 2 weeks if you had no other commitments. Sorry for bumping this :colondollar:
Original post by zayn008
Wish i read this in the holidays and went for it. Ive learnt the basics in c3 and c4 in class but now i need to make sense of everything so I'm effectively going through the whole course again with only a basic level of understanding. Aiming to do it in 2 weeks, I'd say you could learn the whole thing in 2 weeks if you had no other commitments. Sorry for bumping this :colondollar:

On the contrary, thanks for bumping this, I kinda needed it. And good Lord some people on here can learn fast! Or perhaps I could too but I'm way too lazy to ever want to find out.
Reply 26
Original post by LauraMayden1
On the contrary, thanks for bumping this, I kinda needed it. And good Lord some people on here can learn fast! Or perhaps I could too but I'm way too lazy to ever want to find out.

Ah I'm like a machine, the only problem is getting started. Last year i did AS economics completely self-taught in like 4 months, but i didnt get started till late January so it was a rush, i was hoping I'd be good at everything by now for A2 but I'm gonna have to do whatever i did last year :frown: goodbye nights out. You can do it tho, its fairly easy :smile: best of luck
Original post by zayn008
Ah I'm like a machine, the only problem is getting started. Last year i did AS economics completely self-taught in like 4 months, but i didnt get started till late January so it was a rush, i was hoping I'd be good at everything by now for A2 but I'm gonna have to do whatever i did last year :frown: goodbye nights out. You can do it tho, its fairly easy :smile: best of luck

Mm I did something quite similar. Last year I was self studying my AS pure maths. Typically, I procrastinated a lot; started in January and still didn't do as much as I should've, so I had to cram the content of FP1 into 4 weeks. I feel like I'm following very similar steps this year for my A2. Thanks by the way, and good luck to you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest