The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruthie2267
Short answer: they weren't :biggrin: we'd finished our history A2 content but went through it so fast none of us really understand it :frown: and the others we weren't finished so :L

I mean the three different sources/historical perspectives :smile:

I don't like how different schools tackle it so differently you know like my school hasn't given us any help/resources at all. But yeah they're allowed to give you extracts Nd stuff so long as there's a wide enough choice that you can choose your own

Ooh dear... Well at least that means if you do badly you have a good reason :redface:

I mean the three different sources/historical perspectives :smile:

I don't like how different schools tackle it so differently you know like my school hasn't given us any help/resources at all. But yeah they're allowed to give you extracts Nd stuff so long as there's a wide enough choice that you can choose your own

To be fair though, they should be in their right to do so since EPQ research took me from August to December to get everything I needed and I doubt I could get everything I needed AND write an A* piece in 7 weeks so it's the exam board's fault for having a *****y scheme of work
Original post by peachykeen
no no one can see me cry over a university rejection hahaha

Ahh, I'm sure it'll be fine :redface: The bathrooms or empty classrooms are always a good place to have a cry on the sly :tongue:
where's last year's decisions thread so I can go make myself panic a bit more?
Original post by Christie_xx
Ahh, I'm sure it'll be fine :redface: The bathrooms or empty classrooms are always a good place to have a cry on the sly :tongue:

people might get suspicious if I'm in the bathroom for like 2 hours lol
Original post by mehokay
Wait, did you get pooled?

Yeah, pooled and fished by another college!

I made that mistake this morning
The rejection : offer ratio is terrifying
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Yeah, pooled and fished by another college!

Good luck in your reinterview! Smash it! :h:
Original post by Frobisher
I think it got lost in the end of the last thread so attempt#2
What are people's plans for D-day? Cause I'm assuming most of us will be at school when the post arrives 😬

Original post by Frobisher
I have a free just before lunch and our post usually comes at 12.00 - I'm tempted to go home, cry and then come back for double theology :cry:

Yeah like Frobisher I'm at school but have the irritating conundrum of being able to go home and check the post... Do I check at lunch or wait?? Either way I'm opening it on Skype with bae who is in Bristol. I haven't thought at all about celebrating or commiserating... Pot of Ben and Jerry's perhaps?

Original post by Palette
Is 'drowned' the official term for an applicant who gets pooled but doesn't get an offer?

Glad that I'm not the only person who uses the term.

That's a great phrase. I'll use it too! :biggrin:

Original post by daniilS
It really sucks that you can't rep people through the app. Starting to think about making my own version just to add it in...

Original post by daniilS
The app is quite terrible really, but it's a lot faster and uses less data so I don't really have a choice haha

I'll see if I can hack a rep-function into it after I've sat my exams (though that'd be my most ambitious hack to date :b)

And I'd consider a part-time job as a programmer actually! Would never do it full-time though

Please do, the app is so bad but I don't have a choice either, the website is glitch and slow as hell... Who can we lobby to make a new one??
Original post by Katejcr
Now we have a new thread I think I'm gonna introduce myself
Applying for Law at Christ's. Kent is my backup and honestly I'd be more than happy to go there, so rejection isn't going to be the end of the world.
I had surgery on Thursday so I'll be off college on the 12th :wink:
Just wanted to say hi given I've been stalking these threads since November :smile:

I'm a fellow Christ's applicant too! Good luck with your application, I'm sure it'll be good news :smile:
Original post by FrenchNerd2
To be fair though, they should be in their right to do so since EPQ research took me from August to December to get everything I needed and I doubt I could get everything I needed AND write an A* piece in 7 weeks so it's the exam board's fault for having a *****y scheme of work

Tbh I kind of worded that badly I meant more how I'm annoyed at my school for not offering us the help that they're allowed to 😂 (which tbh isn't entirely their fault because they're two staff members down and they have to look after the younger yeas' education more but it's still annoying :frown: )

You'll be alright if you're being given the sources dw imo that's the hardest bit because you have to find sufficiently different ones and interpretations that you can explore enough etc - you'll be fine :smile:

This thread starts exactly 1 year ago today...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3815849

Go to about page 160.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NeverLucky
Good luck in your reinterview! Smash it! :h:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it :smile:

What I am not looking forward to is my English Language mock tomorrow...
Original post by daniilS
The app is quite terrible really, but it's a lot faster and uses less data so I don't really have a choice haha

I'll see if I can hack a rep-function into it after I've sat my exams (though that'd be my most ambitious hack to date :b)

And I'd consider a part-time job as a programmer actually! Would never do it full-time though

I remember seeing something that the guys at TSR were working on a better app and asking for testers or something? Anyone know if there has been any update/predicted dates for its release?

My phone actually came up with a message that this app is not optimised for this version of software.
people might get suspicious if I'm in the bathroom for like 2 hours lol

Oooh dear yeah maybe, but I think it's pretty difficult to cry for 2 whole hours... Besides, you might get an offer!!
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it :smile:

What I am not looking forward to is my English Language mock tomorrow...

Ouch brutal haha. I'm finally back in work tomorrow and I've not been getting up until 3PM recently...
Original post by daniilS

What's life without a challenge? 😉 You'd probably be hailed as the saviour of TSR users :P

What would you like to work as if not a programmer?
Tbh I kind of worded that badly I meant more how I'm annoyed at my school for not offering us the help that they're allowed to 😂 (which tbh isn't entirely their fault because they're two staff members down and they have to look after the younger yeas' education more but it's still annoying :frown: )

You'll be alright if you're being given the sources dw imo that's the hardest bit because you have to find sufficiently different ones and interpretations that you can explore enough etc - you'll be fine :smile:

Cheers KangaRuth :P
Original post by duchovs
I'm a fellow Christ's applicant too! Good luck with your application, I'm sure it'll be good news :smile:

Thank you! You too :smile:
Rocket is what really sold the college to me :wink:
Original post by Christie_xx
Oooh dear yeah maybe, but I think it's pretty difficult to cry for 2 whole hours... Besides, you might get an offer!!

I could drown myself in the toilet?
Haha I bet if I get an offer I'll cry too :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending