The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rachel58
I'm a hot chocolate snob. I judge a restaurants hot chocolate and if it's bad, I spend the whole meal complaining about hot chocolate prejudice which is a real thing.
If you order a hot chocolate, normally it takes long than a coffee despite being easier to make. Some restaurants offer coffee but not hot chocolate??? Plus hot chocolates are more expensive for no reason. AND THEY'RE SERVED IMPROPERLY - hot chocolate should be served in a cup, not a glass. This is hot chocolate prejudice and it's plaguing our society.

oh my god this reminded me of the best hot chocolate I ever had at a little Cafe in London that put nutella into it and it all melted and it was absolutely divine.... Haven't had hot chocolate since because I know it just won't compare
Original post by CutieTootsie
Just read the d-day posts from last year...

HAHHAAHAHAHHA why am I still following this thread when 80% of interviewees get rejected?!? As if I would even be in the top 20% apparently black-British rarely get in...

What are the chances of me being in the 1% of the top 20%? HAHAHA

Bye bye genius' and future Cambridge students 👋🏾

You won't be rejected because of your skin colour
I'm not a weirdo Ruthie, I'm not going to be that posh, I'm posh enough already without using a knife and fork for pizza! I use a fork for dough balls already... :tongue:

I've never had Turkish food! I don't dislike meat, unless it's a huge chunk of red meat...which is gross.

Scampi is baeeeee but white bait is better lbr :tongue:

No, except the size :smile:

I'd say it's acceptable to use a knife to make sure the slices are properly seperated in pizza :wink:

I like japanese food and like asian fusion but I'm so bad at using chopsticks that it's just embarrassing :lol:
Original post by Naeco
Finally finished drawing and here it go
This is me in TSR before and after
me_in_TSR_before.jpg
Attachment not found

Oh my god your artwork is amazing hahahah
Original post by CutieTootsie
Just read the d-day posts from last year...

HAHHAAHAHAHHA why am I still following this thread when 80% of interviewees get rejected?!? As if I would even be in the top 20% apparently black-British rarely get in...

What are the chances of me being in the 1% of the top 20%? HAHAHA

Bye bye genius' and future Cambridge students 👋🏾

rarely doesn't mean never though! plus somebody has to be the 1% i suppose :wink: either way whatever happens i hope you still chat to us all because you're honestly so nice and i love reading your posts on here so :biggrin:
Original post by liziepie
oh my god this reminded me of the best hot chocolate I ever had at a little Cafe in London that put nutella into it and it all melted and it was absolutely divine.... Haven't had hot chocolate since because I know it just won't compare

Ooh that sounds amazing!! Everything is better when you add nutella to it :rolleyes:
Original post by Naeco
Finally finished drawing and here it go
This is me in TSR before and after
me_in_TSR_before.jpg
Attachment not found

So kawaiii~
Reply 367
Original post by daniilS
I can't rep you but assume I did!!!

Also it's official I'm not watching Sherlock live I hate myself:h:

Original post by Ruthie2267
what if cambridge told you they'd give you an unconditional offer would you it it then hmm??

you could always eat it with a knife and fork i guess!

I've never really tried Japanese or Vietnamese food so I can't comment on it! Have you ever had Turkish food? all time favourite it's so nice (although if you're not a fan of meat steer clear :biggrin:)

my favourite food is probably scampi - i love it so much!

is there a difference between profiteroles and éclaires or not?

I loooove baklava 👌👌👌👌 (I think thats turkish, right?) Might buy myself some for thursday....
Original post by Christie_xx
Ooh nice, what makes for a good hot chocolate? Where is your favourite hot chocolate from?

Ok, right. This is where my knowledge shows. If Cambridge had a hot chocolate course, I'd be top pupil :tongue:

Costa has the best hot chocolate but you need to do it right. First, you should get a medium take away hot chocolate (orange syrup optional near Christmas - it's yum). Make sure to get cream, but not marshmallows, as marshmallows clog up the lid with the goo and ruin it. NOW, here comes the complicated part. With a take away cup, due to physics, the whipped cream slowly makes it way down to the bottom of the cup. This is a good thing UNLESS you time it wrong. You can't drink your hot chocolate too fast or the cream will be too solid to drink. If you drink to slow, your cream will melt. So you need to drink it at different speeds at different times of the year (the cream lasts longer in the winter). I find, in the winter, around now, you should drink your hot chocolate in the speed it takes to listen to 1-2 songs, or your cream will be ruined. This is why you get a medium - larges mean the cream melt, smalls mean it's too thick. In the summer, you must be quick drinking it, as the cream doesn't last as long, so it takes more like one song to drink.
Original post by metrize
You won't be rejected because of your skin colour

Didn't say I would be... I'm looking at stats. They aren't in my favour
Reply 371
Oh my god your artwork is amazing hahahah

Original post by Student1256
So kawaiii~

:biggrin:thank u~
Original post by Student1256
Pizza snob here as well *high five*
And as a fellow pizza snob you'll have to comment how "this is real pizza" and how dominoes is the corrupted American version, while eating at the pizzeria. :laugh:

Yess! What is your favourite ever pizza??

I know what it's like when you get the perfect hot chocolate and you know that it can't be replicated :frown: I don't like nutella but I understand your pain :smile:
Original post by Ruthie2267
rarely doesn't mean never though! plus somebody has to be the 1% i suppose :wink: either way whatever happens i hope you still chat to us all because you're honestly so nice and i love reading your posts on here so :biggrin:

Hahaha awh cute response ❤️
I'm not a weirdo Ruthie, I'm not going to be that posh, I'm posh enough already without using a knife and fork for pizza! I use a fork for dough balls already... :tongue:

I've never had Turkish food! I don't dislike meat, unless it's a huge chunk of red meat...which is gross.

Scampi is baeeeee but white bait is better lbr :tongue:

No, except the size :smile:

i sometimes use cutlery with pizza... i feel like im betraying my roots : '( :P
turkish food is lovely please try it at some point

I'LL TELL YOU WHO - EVERY RESTAURANT EVER. IT'S A CRIME AND A SCANDAL, IT'S AWFUL. PIZZA EXPRESS CHANGED FROM A CUP TO A GLASS, COSTA PUT COFFEES IN CUPS AND HOT CHOCOLATES IN GLASSES.

It's a real issue for me, I live in a world where I love hot chocolate but no one makes it right???

i don't like hot drinks and that includes hot chocolate but i appreciate the troubles you go through :frown: :wink: it is a bit weird they put in a glass though aren't they running the risk of it cracking?
Original post by Christie_xx
I'd say it's acceptable to use a knife to make sure the slices are properly seperated in pizza :wink:

I like japanese food and like asian fusion but I'm so bad at using chopsticks that it's just embarrassing :lol:

Ah, my dad taught me to use chopsticks so I love showing off my skills to new people :tongue:
Ok, right. This is where my knowledge shows. If Cambridge had a hot chocolate course, I'd be top pupil :tongue:

Costa has the best hot chocolate but you need to do it right. First, you should get a medium take away hot chocolate (orange syrup optional near Christmas - it's yum). Make sure to get cream, but not marshmallows, as marshmallows clog up the lid with the goo and ruin it. NOW, here comes the complicated part. With a take away cup, due to physics, the whipped cream slowly makes it way down to the bottom of the cup. This is a good thing UNLESS you time it wrong. You can't drink your hot chocolate too fast or the cream will be too solid to drink. If you drink to slow, your cream will melt. So you need to drink it at different speeds at different times of the year (the cream lasts longer in the winter). I find, in the winter, around now, you should drink your hot chocolate in the speed it takes to listen to 1-2 songs, or your cream will be ruined. This is why you get a medium - larges mean the cream melt, smalls mean it's too thick. In the summer, you must be quick drinking it, as the cream doesn't last as long, so it takes more like one song to drink.

Woah, you're a hot chocolate connoisseur!! That was so impressive...
I loooove baklava 👌👌👌👌 (I think thats turkish, right?) Might buy myself some for thursday....

yes that's turkish! i actually find baklava too sweet though, but that might have been the restaurant I tried it at idk. you definitely should - i think thursday should be a treat day for all of us :biggrin:
I'LL TELL YOU WHO - EVERY RESTAURANT EVER. IT'S A CRIME AND A SCANDAL, IT'S AWFUL. PIZZA EXPRESS CHANGED FROM A CUP TO A GLASS, COSTA PUT COFFEES IN CUPS AND HOT CHOCOLATES IN GLASSES.

It's a real issue for me, I live in a world where I love hot chocolate but no one makes it right???

That's so true - good hot chocolate is so hard to find! It's usually either too sweet and thus too rich or it's way too milky and not enough chocolatey. Btw that's so weird I was just craving hot chocolate a couple hours ago but decided against it as it's quite late, I don't feel tired and I wanna fix my schedule soon so I can start working better and the sugar from the hot choc won't help 😂😂
Also how do you make hot chocolate?? Do you put chocolate powder in hot water or hot milk?

Latest

Trending

Trending