The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SteamboatMickey
Yeah, pooled and fished by another college!

Better than a flat out rejection! All the best for your interview
Original post by Ruthie2267
i sometimes use cutlery with pizza... i feel like im betraying my roots : '( :P
turkish food is lovely please try it at some point

i don't like hot drinks and that includes hot chocolate but i appreciate the troubles you go through :frown: :wink: it is a bit weird they put in a glass though aren't they running the risk of it cracking?

What are your non-cutlery roots? :tongue:
I will do asap <3

It doesn't crack, its just not as cosy feeling :frown: They think it looks fancy but it's not :frown:
If I get rejected I will seriously stalk this page in awe lol
Original post by Christie_xx
Woah, you're a hot chocolate connoisseur!! That was so impressive...

I go on a hot chocolate rant at least 3x a week :tongue: My friends now tell me when they go to Costa and when they drink hot chocolates because they understand me :smile:
Original post by Rachel58
Ah, my dad taught me to use chopsticks so I love showing off my skills to new people :tongue:

I'm so jealous!! My brother tried (unsuccessfully) to teach me how but I think I need more practice :lol:
Yess! What is your favourite ever pizza??

You already know, every pizza snob appreciates a good classic margarita :biggrin::biggrin: but that's if the pizza is a traditional one - I don't discriminate, all pizzas are born delicious. For thin New York style pizza I gotta go for them red crispy pepperionis (I really wanna try anchovies on a pizza because apparently all the Italians are crazy about them) and for Chicago style deep dish I think just a good ol' cheese pizza. What about you??
Original post by Student1256
That's so true - good hot chocolate is so hard to find! It's usually either too sweet and thus too rich or it's way too milky and not enough chocolatey. Btw that's so weird I was just craving hot chocolate a couple hours ago but decided against it as it's quite late, I don't feel tired and I wanna fix my schedule soon so I can start working better and the sugar from the hot choc won't help 😂😂
Also how do you make hot chocolate?? Do you put chocolate powder in hot water or hot milk?

Ngl from that sentence alone, I think you must be my soulmate because it just reminds me of me :h:

My mum makes it for me but I tell her what to do. We use hot milk and powder, yeah, but like...boiling hot milk, I won't have lukewarm hot chocolate :frown: I want to get one of those steamer machines they have in Costa to properly mix my hot chocolate :frown:
Original post by liziepie
Ahh, memories. Huh, I must have missed the grammar school debate. When was the Great Chocolate debate?

Now including part of the first thread too!
(@Naeco, if you ever feel like drawing another of your marvellous annotated screenshots and like digging through thread history, this would look great with labels for the peaks:wink: another option is waiting for D-Day first:tongue:)

full.png

this is why I don't have any time left to study ffs
What are your non-cutlery roots? :tongue:
I will do asap <3

It doesn't crack, its just not as cosy feeling :frown: They think it looks fancy but it's not :frown:

I meant as in my family isn't posh so if eating pizza with cutlery is then i'm disgracing them :tongue:

I think you should ditch pizza express, they're obviously not doing enough :biggrin:
I'm so jealous!! My brother tried (unsuccessfully) to teach me how but I think I need more practice :lol:

Just practice loads, then invite all your friends to Wagamamas, and show off like crazy.

Plus, FYI GUYS, Wagas has great hot chocolate, would recommend.
Original post by Ruthie2267
I meant as in my family isn't posh so if eating pizza with cutlery is then i'm disgracing them :tongue:

I think you should ditch pizza express, they're obviously not doing enough :biggrin:

My family judge me when I use a knife to get things on a fork and I'm like??? I don't want to spend ages trying to get every last thing on my fork :tongue:

They have really good cake tho :frown: Like, chocolate generally is something not treated right - every restaurant uses dark chocolate as its fancier but Pizza Express has stayed true to their VERY VERY VERY sweet cake and I support them!
Original post by Student1256
You already know, every pizza snob appreciates a good classic margarita :biggrin::biggrin: but that's if the pizza is a traditional one - I don't discriminate, all pizzas are born delicious. For thin New York style pizza I gotta go for them red crispy pepperionis (I really wanna try anchovies on a pizza because apparently all the Italians are crazy about them) and for Chicago style deep dish I think just a good ol' cheese pizza. What about you??

That is so true! My fave is sourdough base and I'm a fan of chorizo on pizza too
Just practice loads, then invite all your friends to Wagamamas, and show off like crazy.

Plus, FYI GUYS, Wagas has great hot chocolate, would recommend.

That's a great plan tbh :lol:
Omfg I didnt' even know that Wagamamas sold hot chocolate!!
That's a great plan tbh :lol:
Omfg I didnt' even know that Wagamamas sold hot chocolate!!

They do! It's small but good but they do exhibit some forms of hot chocolate prejudice.
Reply 394
Original post by daniilS
(@Naeco, if you ever feel like drawing another of your marvellous annotated screenshots and like digging through thread history, this would look great with labels for the peaks:wink: another option is waiting for D-Day first:tongue:)

full.png

full.jpg
I have talent [I think]
Original post by CutieTootsie
If I get rejected I will seriously stalk this page in awe lol

same here! I feel like I've invested too much in this thread that i have to keep going even after D-Day :biggrin:
Original post by daniilS

full.png

LOL
ooooh interesting, got off to a slow start that one. smallish peak around the ucas deadline, then again before the admissions test, November peak due to interviews/rejections arriving (what the heck happened on the 19th though?). Watcha procrastinating on? :tongue:
Original post by Naeco
full.jpg
I have talent [I think]

:eek3: better than anything I could imagine :lol:
Original post by liziepie
LOL
ooooh interesting, got off to a slow start that one. smallish peak around the ucas deadline, then again before the admissions test, November peak due to interviews/rejections arriving (what the heck happened on the 19th though?). Watcha procrastinating on? :tongue:

I think the 19th was the start of the gender debate thing?

Original post by Naeco
full.jpg
I have talent [I think]

are you the illuminati? :O :wink:
Ngl from that sentence alone, I think you must be my soulmate because it just reminds me of me :h:

My mum makes it for me but I tell her what to do. We use hot milk and powder, yeah, but like...boiling hot milk, I won't have lukewarm hot chocolate :frown: I want to get one of those steamer machines they have in Costa to properly mix my hot chocolate :frown:

Hahaha i know, it's such a dilemma! I wish you would have brought this up before I left England so I would have tried the hot chocolate at costa and also done it the right way after you modelled the fluid dynamics of a hot chocolate cup 😂😂😂😂 people do actual university research on this kinda stuff btw, like there's probably a paper published by a PhD on the mathematics describing the rate of mixing of a coffee cup :rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending