The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Ruthie2267
I think the 19th was the start of the gender debate thing?

are you the illuminati? :O :wink:

:colone:
Original post by liziepie
LOL
ooooh interesting, got off to a slow start that one. smallish peak around the ucas deadline, then again before the admissions test, November peak due to interviews/rejections arriving (what the heck happened on the 19th though?). Watcha procrastinating on? :tongue:

19th was interview invites+new thread hype like today I think :b And I'm procrastinating on the English literature exam I have tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 402
Wowwww 400 posts!!!! In less than 3 hour...
is it against da rulez to make a second account so i can rep people twice
Original post by Naeco
Wowwww 400 posts!!!! In less than 3 hour...

@liziepie this is what happened on the 19th :lol:
Original post by Naeco
:colone:

how did you think of doing that though? : ')
I noticed how people in England find it a sort of taboo to eat with their hands. Over here it's very common to eat things with your hand and if a part of your food is difficult to eat with a fork and knife you're expected to just pick it up with your hand and eat it. Obviously not steak and stuff but for example if you were having fish and chips you'd use a fork for the fish and hands for the chips if you'd like
Original post by Student1256
Hahaha i know, it's such a dilemma! I wish you would have brought this up before I left England so I would have tried the hot chocolate at costa and also done it the right way after you modelled the fluid dynamics of a hot chocolate cup 😂😂😂😂 people do actual university research on this kinda stuff btw, like there's probably a paper published by a PhD on the mathematics describing the rate of mixing of a coffee cup :rofl:

If we both get an offer, I'll take you to Costa and show you the perfect hot chocolate technique 😊

Yeah, my dissertation is obviously going to be about the history of hot chocolate 😅
I noticed how people in England find it a sort of taboo to eat with their hands. Over here it's very common to eat things with your hand and if a part of your food is difficult to eat with a fork and knife you're expected to just pick it up with your hand and eat it. Obviously not steak and stuff but for example if you were having fish and chips you'd use a fork for the fish and hands for the chips if you'd like

Depends where you are. At Maccys, everyone eats with their hands but at Gordon Ramsey's restaurants, you'd eat with cutlery.

Nah that observation is probably just based on the areas of England you visited. Up north there's plenty of people who eat with their hands.
Reply 410
Original post by Ruthie2267
how did you think of doing that though? : ':wink:

emmmm... This is my though process
1. first instinct made me think the stats looks like a temple with large high peak in the middle and low in the edge with small/sharp peak near the middle
2. there is a lot of temple in India so I searched "india temple" on google image
3. Found out Taj Mahal is the temple that suit this stats table
4. Copy and paste, change the transparent level
5. Outcome!!!!

I loved art a lot so I need to search many images to improve my art skill, I have searched india temple before so I can quickly link the stats table and this together
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=indian+temple+landscape&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiO8fmZvLPRAhUJo5QKHb3sAvAQ_AUICCgB&biw=1519&bih=764#tbm=isch&q=taj+mahal+drawing
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naeco
1. first instinct made me think the stats looks like a temple with large high peak in the middle and low in the edge with small/sharp peak near the middle
2. there is a lot of temple in India so I searched "india temple" on google image
5. Outcome!!!!

Hello I am an admission tutor and this is clearly enough to give you an offer congratulations also I will now leave to finally continue studying
Hahaha i know, it's such a dilemma! I wish you would have brought this up before I left England so I would have tried the hot chocolate at costa and also done it the right way after you modelled the fluid dynamics of a hot chocolate cup 😂😂😂😂 people do actual university research on this kinda stuff btw, like there's probably a paper published by a PhD on the mathematics describing the rate of mixing of a coffee cup :rofl:

Maybe not coffee, but here's some teapot physics :tongue: https://blog.etsy.com/en/the-teapot-effect-renowned-scientist-joseph-keller-on-why-your-teapot-drips/
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Nah that observation is probably just based on the areas of England you visited. Up north there's plenty of people who eat with their hands.

Indeed, us northerners are savages that only eat with our hands. What cutlery?
Reply 414
Original post by daniilS
Hello I am an admission tutor and this is clearly enough to give you an offer congratulations also I will now leave to finally continue studying

hahahaha:tongue: enjoy your study!!!
Good luck for decisions day lads n ladettes, and for some peoples reinterviews
Original post by Naeco
hahahaha:tongue: enjoy your study!!!

Just be glad that A levels don't have mandatory subjects :tongue:
Reply 417
Original post by daniilS
Just be glad that A levels don't have mandatory subjects :tongue:

True!!:dance::dance:
Original post by physicsmaths
Good luck for decisions day lads n ladettes, and for some peoples reinterviews

thanks man! how did you celebrate after getting your offer, or did you head off to study for step immediately? :tongue:
Original post by Naeco
5. Outcome!!!!

I loved art a lot so I need to search many images to improve my art skill, I have searched india temple before so I can quickly link the stats table and this together
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=indian+temple+landscape&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiO8fmZvLPRAhUJo5QKHb3sAvAQ_AUICCgB&biw=1519&bih=764#tbm=isch&q=taj+mahal+drawing

10/10 well done

Latest

Trending

Trending