The Student Room Group

Spanish oral revision

Any efficient ways of revising Spanish oral questions (my photo presentation was easy to remember) without forgetting them as audio recordings + repetitions didn't work for 50 oral questions. My final oral is in march and I got a c in my mocks so any ideas?
I'm not sure what to suggest because the way I studied was to do 5 questions a day and just talk at length about the topic. The more I got into it the easier I thought it was to remember.

What might help if that doesn't work for you is to make a big chart of the different themes you might have (are you in AS or A2?). If it's four AS, whatever your 'topic' is (assuming you do Edexcel not AQA) eg environment/education/health/youth, create a diagram with the stems branching out to the different subthemes eg for education the problems of unemployment, whether university is worth it etc. For A2 you could just do your three main themes and then link them to the research you've done (you should do a bit of wider reading for it). Then you discuss at length (like 2-3 minutes of talking to yourself or a teddy or a person or whatever) and practice them to death.

edit: you're at GCSE level so not quite as intense, but still, the above should apply.

I also highly recommend doing vocab lists related to your topic and memorising those.
Reply 2
Work with your teachers, I did this and it honestly helped so much! sometimes if you're on your own you'll think like oh I wont make that mistake next time and keep going, but my teacher made me start from the beginning each time, it honestly helped so much. Also creating ways of remembering words and if you forget a word make sure you're constantly thinking of that word each time you go through it.
Reply 3
Original post by auburnstar
I'm not sure what to suggest because the way I studied was to do 5 questions a day and just talk at length about the topic. The more I got into it the easier I thought it was to remember.

What might help if that doesn't work for you is to make a big chart of the different themes you might have (are you in AS or A2?). If it's four AS, whatever your 'topic' is (assuming you do Edexcel not AQA) eg environment/education/health/youth, create a diagram with the stems branching out to the different subthemes eg for education the problems of unemployment, whether university is worth it etc. For A2 you could just do your three main themes and then link them to the research you've done (you should do a bit of wider reading for it). Then you discuss at length (like 2-3 minutes of talking to yourself or a teddy or a person or whatever) and practice them to death.

edit: you're at GCSE level so not quite as intense, but still, the above should apply.

I also highly recommend doing vocab lists related to your topic and memorising those.

Reply 4
I
Original post by aagrge
Work with your teachers, I did this and it honestly helped so much! sometimes if you're on your own you'll think like oh I wont make that mistake next time and keep going, but my teacher made me start from the beginning each time, it honestly helped so much. Also creating ways of remembering words and if you forget a word make sure you're constantly thinking of that word each time you go through it.

Thanks, I'll see what she says :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest