The Student Room Group

Did something I regret

A few days ago I was home alone and bored, so I decided to go on omegle. I ended up talking to a few guys in just my bra, and eventually with nothing. I guess it escalated more than I expected to, but now I have this weird guilt about it, and I dont know how to absolve myself, it that makes any sense. I know it was really stupid of me, and I keep worrying about if people I know irl find out. How likely is it that one of them recorded me? Ive learnt my lesson and I know ill never do it again.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
oh dear
Did u get your Face in it ??
Such typical acts of teenage moral degeneracy are sufficiently innocuous to warrant no expiation. So don't worry :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Supernova91
Did u get your Face in it ??

No it was the neck down, and the background was fairly non descript.
Reply 5
Also, I should mention that I am muslim.
Original post by Anonymous
No it was the neck down, and the background was fairly non descript.

Okay ! I wouldn't worry , there's probably no way to identify this as you . And don't feel bad, we've all done things that we feel silly about , all part of growing up I suppose :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Pikachū
You should be ashamed.

I am :frown: I dont know how to make up for it.
Also, I should mention that I am muslim.

Aha, the all important imformation that you so conveniently forgot to mention in your opening post.
Reply 9
A few days ago I was home alone and bored, so I decided to go on omegle. I ended up talking to a few guys in just my bra, and eventually with nothing. I guess it escalated more than I expected to, but now I have this weird guilt about it, and I dont know how to absolve myself, it that makes any sense. I know it was really stupid of me, and I keep worrying about if people I know irl find out. How likely is it that one of them recorded me? Ive learnt my lesson and I know ill never do it again.

I've done this before too. Did you show your face? Because if I'm going to be honest with you if no one saw your face it's unlikely you'll be recognized so the only problem will be how you feel with yourself. Try to not feel guilty about it, there's worse that you could have done, but if you're under-age be more careful because not only are you putting yourself at risk from predators but there's also lots of legal issues if anyone was to have recorded you. The likelihood of one of them recording you can only really be measured by their ethics as a person. Did they seem like nice guys?
Original post by Darren A
Aha, the all important imformation that you so conveniently forgot to mention in your opening post.

tbh Im trying to distance myself from the consequences and enormity of what I did :L
Original post by Scorpio99
I've done this before too. Did you show your face? Because if I'm going to be honest with you if no one saw your face it's unlikely you'll be recognized so the only problem will be how you feel with yourself. Try to not feel guilty about it, there's worse that you could have done, but if you're under-age be more careful because not only are you putting yourself at risk from predators but there's also lots of legal issues if anyone was to have recorded you. The likelihood of one of them recording you can only really be measured by their ethics as a person. Did they seem like nice guys?

Thanks for your reply. I didn't show my face, but my hair is pretty distinctive on camera tbh :L I understand the implications, I just dotn know what overcame me to do something like that. Most of them seemed nice, others didnt.
Realistically this is just the human sexual drive and nothing to be ashamed of, especially considering that you didn't even show your face. Most human bodies are generic and don't stand out at all so there's no realistic consequences socially.

In my opinion the setting in and of what you did may not be ideal, but it isn't exactly morally bad unless you decide it to be, I personally don't. If someone decides they want to do that then I wouldn't think differently of them whatsoever.
Thanks for your reply. I didn't show my face, but my hair is pretty distinctive on camera tbh :L I understand the implications, I just dotn know what overcame me to do something like that. Most of them seemed nice, others didnt.

You shouldn't worry yourself about it, you were just having a bit of fun that got out of hand. If they did record it they probably won't post it anywhere anyway because they'd seem a bit weird. I mean if they posted it to facebook their friends and families would just think they were pervs.
Original post by chikane
Why do that? Pretty slutty thing to do

I dont know. This is a pretty weak argument but I got caught up in the heat of the moment? I kind of like the thrill of being wanted? I dont know, theres no way I can justify it honestly.
Original post by Supernova91
Okay ! I wouldn't worry , there's probably no way to identify this as you . And don't feel bad, we've all done things that we feel silly about , all part of growing up I suppose :smile:

Thank you, I think the issue is just worse because of my religion :L
I dont know. This is a pretty weak argument but I got caught up in the heat of the moment? I kind of like the thrill of being wanted? I dont know, theres no way I can justify it honestly.

I understand. I did a similar thing with some guy who I had some sort of feelings for, and I think he had some feelings for me too. I think he felt rejected by me, but it wasn't like I was looking for a relationship. I liked the idea of someone finding me attractive and letting me know, even though I didn't feel comfortable and resisted doing so for quite a while. I did feel pressured, but still I blame myself for not being stronger, you know? We are both Muslim. Still, I regret it and we don't communicate anymore because it could only go so far. He pretended to be okay with us being friends, but clearly not, if there was nothing more to be gained, which made me feel like ****. I really did want to be friends, we were better off that way than it developing into some strange sexual-friendship dynamic. I liked the attention and thrill aspect, but that was it. I also felt intimated and afraid, because he was quite demanding. As exciting as it was, it was nerve-wrecking too, and I am better off without this kind of hassle in my life. I would have never slept with him, show him pics of my nether-regions, record proactive videos of myself, phone/video-chat in an inappropriate manner. It was just pics in my case, and sexting. I didn't get off on anything, as it was mainly to satisfy his sexual desires so it was unfair and one-sided. Then again, I just liked being the object of attraction because no guys in real-life approach me (he wouldn't either), not because I am ugly, but because of my aloof personality. Although, that is probably for the best considering I don't want any sort of relationship with a guy right now, if ever, tbh.
Lol, I wouldn't worry too much.
I am :frown: I dont know how to make up for it.

:hugs: we've all done stupid stuff before, or things we now regret.
The important thing to remember is that you seek forgiveness from God. He says,"Say, oh my servants who have trangressed against themselves, do not despair of the mercy of God. Verily, He forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the forgiving, the merciful"
Pm me if ya want to talk
I understand. I did a similar thing with some guy who I had some sort of feelings for, and I think he had some feelings for me too. I think he felt rejected by me, but it wasn't like I was looking for a relationship. I liked the idea of someone finding me attractive and letting me know, even though I didn't feel comfortable and resisted doing so for quite a while. I did feel pressured, but still I blame myself for not being stronger, you know? We are both Muslim. Still, I regret it and we don't communicate anymore because it could only go so far. He pretended to be okay with us being friends, but clearly not, if there was nothing more to be gained, which made me feel like ****. I really did want to be friends, we were better off that way than it developing into some strange sexual-friendship dynamic. I liked the attention and thrill aspect, but that was it. I also felt intimated and afraid, because he was quite demanding. As exciting as it was, it was nerve-wrecking too, and I am better off without this kind of hassle in my life. I would have never slept with him, show him pics of my nether-regions, record proactive videos of myself, phone/video-chat in an inappropriate manner. It was just pics in my case, and sexting. I didn't get off on anything, as it was mainly to satisfy his sexual desires so it was unfair and one-sided. Then again, I just liked being the object of attraction because no guys in real-life approach me (he wouldn't either), not because I am ugly, but because of my aloof personality. Although, that is probably for the best considering I don't want any sort of relationship with a guy right now, if ever, tbh.

Did you meet him online?
I understand what you mean about the attention and thrill, thats kind of why I kept going for as long as I did too. How long has it been since this happened and have there been any consequences (like leaked pictures etc)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending