The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
That just killed me.

you got mocks in week 1?

yeah part 1a mathmo aint too bad apparently
Original post by CutieTootsie
Lol which course is polar opposite to maths then? Maths and them should have a social.

Known as a swap. Cambridge already has it sussed :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
Eton is more prestigious legit

Wat
Original post by Student1256
you can't brag about your "prestigious" school while at Cambridge.

Which nobody is. I have zero connection with Eton.
Original post by Xphoenix
Yeah I don't know if I should be worried. I purely applied for supervision contact hours/teaching

Need to get in first anyway 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i don't know any more than that,

good luck
Original post by jneill

only ever seen one mathmo on a swap and she was at Newnham..
Original post by jneill

Swaps sound like gravy 👍🏾i can already tell if I get in I'm going to love the socials, balls, etc.
Love it.
Original post by jneill
Which nobody is. I have zero connection with Eton.

Again I didn't say you have any connection with it, you gotta stop taking hints 😂
There was some talk about people getting impressed by eton/posh students' prestigious background and I was just talking about that
Original post by CutieTootsie
Swaps sound like gravy 👍🏾i can already tell if I get in I'm going to love the socials, balls, etc.
Love it.

and all the upper middle class whiteboys chatting about how into grime they are
What's an Eton?
Joking :smile: #boredom I should be revising
as much as I hear Cambridge students complain about the nightlife they're out clubbing quite a lot :laugh:
Original post by AlcoholicCantab
you got mocks in week 1?

yeah part 1a mathmo aint too bad apparently

Next monday and tuesday. Yeh not too bad, wud be good if i had done some papers instead i just read notes.
Maybe someone should write a "4 Cambridge Students" sketch where they all boast about how sh1t their schooling and educational background was?
and all the upper middle class whiteboys chatting about how into grime they are

Well, are they actually into grime? 😂
Wat

It's almost as old as Cambridge. It has provided more Prime Ministers than Cambridge. Their rowing facility was a venue for the 2012 Olympics. They basically invented organised football.

It's still pretty important in the fabric of English society. Whether that's a good thing or not is an entirely different discussion.
Original post by jneill
I presumed the comment was the ironic questioning of the use of "lbr" and "Eton" in the same sentence...

And today's fact for the day is: Cambridge Blue is basically Eton Blue.

And a follow-up fact: it's Eton College :smile:

Ah, ok, my mistake!

Could totally use that blue as like...Pavlov's Dog style trick to pull. Just wear an outfit of just that blue and all the girls would think they're rich and prestigious!
how quickly you settle into a routine and forget you're "at cambridge"

most academics are very friendly.

tbh, not a lot surprised me

Sorry again probably unrelated but apart from johns and girton any other colleges with rep? (Say the ones in the hills)

Posted from TSR Mobile
as much as I hear Cambridge students complain about the nightlife they're out clubbing quite a lot :laugh:

aha

I can go to life at 11, come out at 1 and be in bed by 1.20 and up for a 10am. Proximity of clubs to colleges makes it easy.
Original post by thewinelake
Maybe someone should write a "4 Cambridge Students" sketch where they all boast about how sh1t their schooling and educational background was?

Sh1t schooling? Luxury! :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending