The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
I think the ancient Greeks might have a prior "claim" to physics, not Newton.

And plenty of scientists are Eton alumni including Boyle of Boyle's Law fame and more importantly the founder of the The Royal Society. i.e. the place where Newton was able to present his ideas and arguably make his name.

Anyway, whatever.

My favourite bit is the "anyway, whatever" bit 😂
Couldn't agree more.
Reply 601
Original post by CutieTootsie
Dude, ew.
(He answered for Medicine already)

Hey just realised another medic applicants here!!! Which college have you applied to?
Don't they just train?
If Cambridge trained you, why couldn't you? You're one of the best in the world attending Cambridge anyway.
Cambridge applicants are so hard on themselves 😂 hence my admiration

Lool idk, training is really just attending lots of pub quizes and watching every quiz show on TV (the latter I already do). I don't think you should hype Cambridge up too much in that way, people get in for the knowledge of their subject not general knowledge and UC isn't mastermind...
I think there's a difference between being hard on yourself and not thinking you're the next Alexander Guttenplan or Ralph Morley!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naeco
Hey just realised another medic applicants here!!! Which college have you applied to?

grammar on point :tongue:
Original post by Ruthie2267

you could always eat it with a knife and fork i guess!

That's how I do it (to the horror of everyone else) but I just cannot eat pizza without coleslaw.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 605
Original post by wolfmoon88
grammar on point :tongue:

Did...did I say something wrong:'(?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naeco
Did...did I say something wrong:'(?

Just realised that there are other medicine applicants on here :rofl:

It's ok :smile: (I am just bored in class, don't mind me)
Noooooooo the fourth person answers those odd questions that no one in their right mind is supposed to know. The fourth person is a good'un. Granted, not the star, but usually MVP in my books.

True university challenge fans love the "fourth person".

present to me the crown then and I can claim the title of the Most Average, Unread Fourth Person! :crown:
Original post by Naeco

Jesus :smile: wouldn't get too excited though, I'm getting rejected on the 12th looool (I think)

What about you?

Go back to the Oxford thread where you belong :rofl:
maths is the only subject that counts :yep:
Well, are they actually into grime? 😂

Yep
Legit
Original post by NeverLucky
Go back to the Oxford thread where you belong :rofl:

Are you going to build a wall to keep me out? :rofl:
Reply 613
Jesus :smile: wouldn't get too excited though, I'm getting rejected on the 12th looool (I think)

What about you?

Emmanuel, this will be my first decision heard from unis because I haven't heard anything from other uni... they take sooooooooooooooooo long.
Original post by domaths
Lool idk, training is really just atteneding lots of pub quizes and watching every quiz show on TV (the latter I already do). I don't think you should hype Cambridge up too much in that way, people get in for the knowledge of their subject not general knowledge and UC isn't mastermind...
I think there's a difference between being hard on yourself and not thinking you're the next Alexander Guttenplan or Ralph Morley!!

It's top 10 in the world. That says a lot, no?
I think that deserves some hype lol

You're right of course, but people are always looking out for the Oxbridge teams for a reason.

Hmm wonder if they scrapped college teams and did a university wide team what would happen? Lol #rhetorical we can only wonder.
Reply 615

.........................._(:3_/ )/_
Original post by Naeco
.........................._(:3_/ )/_

Is that a seal :rofl:
Original post by domaths
Loool, I will say though competitive and full of themselves my friends might say I fit in :wink:...

Can you give stereotypes of colleges too? Emmanuel?

hasn't really got a type - it's a nice college, nice tennis courts in the summer.
Original post by Naeco
Emmanuel, this will be my first decision heard from unis because I haven't heard anything from other uni... they take sooooooooooooooooo long.

Where else did you apply?
I've had 3 interview invitations and one rejection pre-interview (imperial, BMAT was not good enough)

I am yet to interview at bristol, waiting on Cambridge but have an offer from plymouth :smile:

You only need one medicine offer I guess but I'd be so grateful for one from Cambridge
Reply 619
Is that a seal :rofl:

Trying to forget what I said
--------------------------------------99%
---------------------------------------100%
Memory successfully deleted!:u:

Latest

Trending

Trending