The Student Room Group

Why do some guys find it hard to get a gf?

Why do some guys find it hard to get a gf? I'm a decent looking guy, somewhere in the 6 to 6.5 out of 10 region, and 6ft tall, with a good crop of hair, and nice teeth. I also get my eyebrows threaded to get a neater look. Yet I struggle to get a gf. Admittedly I do set high standards, and only go for the quite good looking girls and upwards. But it shiuldn't be this hard.

Scroll to see replies

Personality counts for a lot too :wink:
Maybe you meet the wrong girls or they find they don't connect with you?
Reply 3
Are you waiting for them to come to you or are you approaching girls actively?
Original post by Anonymous
Why do some guys find it hard to get a gf? I'm a decent looking guy, somewhere in the 6 to 6.5 out of 10 region, and 6ft tall, with a good crop of hair, and nice teeth. I also get my eyebrows threaded to get a neater look. Yet I struggle to get a gf. Admittedly I do set high standards, and only go for the quite good looking girls and upwards. But it shiuldn't be this hard.

Maybe there is something wrong in your approach then, but if you have high standards then I've no doubt those people have *very* high standards.

Could be worse, you could be naturally unattractive 😂😂😂

Don't give up, keep trying to figure out what it is :smile:
Reply 5

Tell me about it, we're too good for this world
Admittedly I do set high standards, and only go for the quite good looking girls and upwards.

High isn't a thing on a subjective matter don't think you're doing yourself a disservice by going for people you're actually attracted to. But seeing as you've only gone on about your looks I can only really conclude that it must be something to do with personality. Social skills, just generally not clicking with girls you're into, maybe you reek of desperation irl as well as here, who knows
Because you need more than looks? Maybe your personality hasn't been attracting anyone. I don't mean that to sound horrible, but you seem to think that your physical appearance is the reason you can't get a gf.
Personality and looks are a load of crap. Have you seen the ugly mingers with ok looking girls? What about the chavs? Yeah

Just be forward. Girls love it
''some'' lol
Reply 10
Perhaps it's the way you approach them, if you come across as needy, that's enough to scare off any girl.
the only times I've ever done okay with girls is to treat them badly
literally: I even did an experiment about this, because I'm sad like that
I even got a girl to cheat on her boyfriend by suddenly being a dick to her, no joke. it was like pressing an "on" button with her.
I took another girl's virginity through that technique too. I literally ignored her and didn't invite her out to things that I'd invite her friends to. lol. although this doesn't *always* work, and being "nice" doesn't always fail. but it's generally the rule I go by
are you treating them badly? if not, maybe that's your issue. girls, whether they like it or not, love a good prick. they're strange like that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh dear, woe is me. Just get on with life and stop moaning, you never know what's around the corner.
Probs just not found the right person , they'll come along soon I'm sure x
Reply 14
Original post by sleepysnooze
the only times I've ever done okay with girls is to treat them badly
literally: I even did an experiment about this, because I'm sad like that
I even got a girl to cheat on her boyfriend by suddenly being a dick to her, no joke. it was like pressing an "on" button with her.
I took another girl's virginity through that technique too. I literally ignored her and didn't invite her out to things that I'd invite her friends to. lol. although this doesn't *always* work, and being "nice" doesn't always fail. but it's generally the rule I go by
are you treating them badly? if not, maybe that's your issue. girls, whether they like it or not, love a good prick. they're strange like that.

I think treating others as a decent human being would prioritises itself over getting your dick wet
Original post by RobML
I think treating others as a decent human being would prioritises itself over getting your dick wet

I'll have to see it to believe it
I'll go by the results I've found
Reply 16
Original post by sleepysnooze
I'll have to see it to believe it
I'll go by the results I've found

I'm saying that regardless of 'results'
Going by your past posts you sound like a sociopath
Money, gains and luxury possessions - that's all you need. Work hard, put in some graft and the girls will come to you.
Original post by asif007
Money, gains and luxury possessions - that's all you need. Work hard, put in some graft and the girls will come to you.

I swear to god i feel sorry for men who think money and possessions will get them girls.
Original post by RobML
I'm saying that regardless of 'results'
Going by your past posts you sound like a sociopath

I may "sound" like one, but at least I don't look like one like you do, right?
I mean, how am I being a sociopath anyway? I'm doing what girls evidently like for my experience. that's kind of the *opposite* of sociopathy...unless you're saying girls are sociopaths which is a bit sexist, isn't it?

Quick Reply

Latest