The Student Room Group

Reply asap please!

I want to quit sixth form today in the morning please help me how to convince my tutor that I want to leave? I feel like they wont let me leave.
It's your decision at the end of the day. They can't tell you what to do. You know what's best for you and if it's leaving sixth form. Do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous1204
It's your decision at the end of the day. They can't tell you what to do. You know what's best for you and if it's leaving sixth form. Do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the help but I know what I want to do next but what is the process of doing it?
You dont say what your reasons are. Normally when you are trying to persuade someone, then you give them reasons to win them over to your way of thinking. You are required to stay in education and or training until you are 18. Also tell them what your additional plans are for when you leave.
as long as you tell them what you're doing instead (work or apprenticeship etc) it should be fine, you could even lie and say you've got a possible place in wherever i doubt they'll follow it up
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
You dont say what your reasons are. Normally when you are trying to persuade someone, then you give them reasons to win them over to your way of thinking. You are required to stay in education and or training until you are 18. Also tell them what your additional plans are for when you leave.

Yes thankyou I will tell them my additional plans however I will have to wait til september so I will just work 5 days a week until then. What is the process of leaving?
Original post by Umar7863
Thanks for the help but I know what I want to do next but what is the process of doing it?

Tell them what you are going to do your future plans etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by omgitsmariana
as long as you tell them what you're doing instead (work or apprenticeship etc) it should be fine, you could even lie and say you've got a possible place in wherever i doubt they'll follow it up

Yes thankyou what if they say "we will help you and give you further support please give it time" (I am leaving on my first year in just only 4 months cant handle it anymore)
Yes thankyou I will tell them my additional plans however I will have to wait til september so I will just work 5 days a week until then. What is the process of leaving?

You really dont give any details, which is highly limiting. The information about leaving should be on the schools website.
Yes thankyou what if they say "we will help you and give you further support please give it time" (I am leaving on my first year in just only 4 months cant handle it anymore)

just be like no i've already started doing something else i've already applied to jobs etc
I want to quit sixth form today in the morning please help me how to convince my tutor that I want to leave? I feel like they wont let me leave.

I'm not entirely familiar with the laws surrounding it but it's up to you if you want to leave. But have you considered life after you do this?
Where are you going to live? If your answer is in your parents' house, how long are they going to let you live with them?

How are you going to get a job? Oh, everything isn't about exams and grades you say? Well, have you lived yet on a plumber's salary or no salary at all?

How are you going to buy a house or rent without a job? Who's going to rent or sell to you?

Do you have any particular skills that would land you a job? At your age, do you know what skills and qualifications you need to make it out there in the real world?

Don't quit sixth form, it's not worth it! Besides, it's too early for you to be making such a life altering decision.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
You really dont give any details, which is highly limiting. The information about leaving should be on the schools website.

I cant find it on the site but I think he will let me leave and then get my name erased of the system
Reply 12
Original post by RKeyensJ
I'm not entirely familiar with the laws surrounding it but it's up to you if you want to leave. But have you considered life after you do this?
Where are you going to live? If your answer is in your parents' house, how long are they going to let you live with them?

How are you going to get a job? Oh, everything isn't about exams and grades you say? Well, have you lived yet on a plumber's salary or no salary at all?

How are you going to buy a house or rent without a job? Who's going to rent or sell to you?

Do you have any particular skills that would land you a job? At your age, do you know what skills and qualifications you need to make it out there in the real world?

Don't quit sixth form, it's not worth it. Besides, it's too early for you to be making such a life altering decision.

sixth form isnt for me im going to another college to do a btec equivalent to 3 A levels bhowever the course is easier
I cant find it on the site but I think he will let me leave and then get my name erased of the system

I have completely no idea. I doubt they will care tbh. You need to think it through and make sure its a good choice for you. You might also wish to inform your parents.
Reply 14
I have completely no idea. I doubt they will care tbh. You need to think it through and make sure its a good choice for you. You might also wish to inform your parents.

Yes my friend I have informed my parents I just hope tomorrow is the right day I leave sixth form and 100 % the leaving process happens
Yes my friend I have informed my parents I just hope tomorrow is the right day I leave sixth form and 100 % the leaving process happens

No idea.
You have to been in some form of education until you're 18 bear in mind

Quick Reply

Latest