The Student Room Group

Mental Health Applicants 2017 Entry

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be applying for mental health nursing for September 2017 entry. Would be great to get a thread going for all the other applicants so we can help and support each other. Have just finished my personal statement and am getting nervous/excited!!

I'll start by introducing myself...

Course: BSc (Undergrad)
Qualifications: BA English and ABB at A level
Unis applying to: King's, Greenwich, LSBU, City
Experience: Working in a secondary school as SEN/learning support assistant, volunteering at an inpatient CAMHS acute unit and hopefully going to start volunteering as a peer support worker with a local mh charity soon.

Scroll to see replies

Wow, you're prepared. I plan to be applying for 2017 entry but haven't even thought about my personal statement or unis yet :redface:

Will probably apply to York university. Am going to be starting the access course in September.
Reply 2
Starting access in september ready to apply for uni for 2017 :smile: im in birmingham so applying for bcu, coventry and wolverhampton xx
Reply 3
Original post by EmieJB
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be applying for mental health nursing for September 2017 entry. Would be great to get a thread going for all the other applicants so we can help and support each other. Have just finished my personal statement and am getting nervous/excited!!

I'll start by introducing myself...

Qualifications: BA English and ABB at A level
Unis applying to: King's, Greenwich, LSBU, City
Experience: Working in a secondary school as SEN/learning support assistant, volunteering at an inpatient CAMHS acute unit and hopefully going to start volunteering as a peer support worker with a local mh charity soon.

where have you applied? and have you had any interviews yet???
i've also applied to do mhn for sept 2017 hopefully!
Qualifications: Doing an Access course.
Unis applying to: York, Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria, University of East Anglia, Queens Belfast.
Experience: Community outreach worker.

Interviews from Sheffield & Northumbria, still waiting to hear from the rest.
Reply 5
An update for me... My personal statement bagged me 4 interviews. First one is next week and so nervous!
Reply 6
Course: BSc (undergrad)
Qualifications: BBC at A-level
Unis applying to: Sheffield Hallam, Uni of Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Uni of Hull and Edinburgh Napier
Experience: Working in a primary school and secondary school with children who have learning difficulties.

Luckily I have been offered an interview from all of the unis I've applied to and the first one is on Tuesday :smile:
Original post by Lucy081
Course: BSc (undergrad)
Qualifications: BBC at A-level
Unis applying to: Sheffield Hallam, Uni of Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Uni of Hull and Edinburgh Napier
Experience: Working in a primary school and secondary school with children who have learning difficulties.

Luckily I have been offered an interview from all of the unis I've applied to and the first one is on Tuesday :smile:

Is it from Sheffield?
Reply 8
Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
Is it from Sheffield?

Yeah, it's at 12:30
Original post by Lucy081
Yeah, it's at 12:30

Mine too :smile:
Reply 10
Mine too :smile:

Cool! I didn't think I would find anybody who's at the same interview as me haha. I'll see you there :smile:
Original post by Lucy081
Cool! I didn't think I would find anybody who's at the same interview as me haha. I'll see you there :smile:

Me either haha. Hope it goes well for you :smile:
Reply 12
Me either haha. Hope it goes well for you :smile:

Hope it goes well for you too :smile:
Reply 13
I'm doing mh at the moment in Scotland, if anyone has any questions I can try answer them 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Out of my interviews I managed to get a place at both Derby and university college Birmingham :smile: upset Birmingham city rejected me but hey ho I still got into my 2nd choice :smile: xx
Reply 15
I'm waiting for replies from Cardiff and BCU for my (fingers crossed) for interviews anyone else waiting or just me 😩
Got 3 other interviews lined up, but would like to know what is happening with my other 2 choices! Xx
im still waiting for an offer from Cardiff university to study mental health nursing had my interview 8th of February, already received an offer from Bournemouth for 2017
Original post by Heeds89
I'm waiting for replies from Cardiff and BCU for my (fingers crossed) for interviews anyone else waiting or just me 😩
Got 3 other interviews lined up, but would like to know what is happening with my other 2 choices! Xx

I would phone cardiff if you still haven't heard! I've seen people who applied in October ring them and be told that they haven't met the interview threshold but this hasn't been put on ucas as of yet. So I would ring and ask what stage your application is at, rather than keep waiting :smile:
Hey, asking for a friend.. does anyone have any interview tips for mental health nursing?

What to revise and what kind of interview to expect. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 19
Anybody got a place at Coventry for mental health nursing???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending