The Student Room Group

Changing course (4 years to 3 years) and notifying SFE

Hi,
I'm thinking of switching from a 4 year Maths course (G101) to a 3 year Maths course (G100). I'm currently in Year 2, so will finish Year 2 and then start the final year (Year 3) as a G100 student.

I was told that I need to directly notify Student Finance about changing the course. How do I directly notify SFE of the change in my course? I can't seem to find a way to do it on the online application.

I was also told that the University will complete a change of circumstances form and send it off to SFE to confirm the change of course. I noticed here that if the University notify SFE then my application will be updated (https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/posts/10152147412424634). So should I just notify SFE myself directly, or just let the University do it when they confirm the change of circumstances with SFE?

Also this changing of course shouldn't affect my tuition/maintenance loan should it?

Thanks
Original post by randlemcmurphy
Hi,
I'm thinking of switching from a 4 year Maths course (G101) to a 3 year Maths course (G100). I'm currently in Year 2, so will finish Year 2 and then start the final year (Year 3) as a G100 student.

I was told that I need to directly notify Student Finance about changing the course. How do I directly notify SFE of the change in my course? I can't seem to find a way to do it on the online application.

I was also told that the University will complete a change of circumstances form and send it off to SFE to confirm the change of course. I noticed here that if the University notify SFE then my application will be updated (https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/posts/10152147412424634). So should I just notify SFE myself directly, or just let the University do it when they confirm the change of circumstances with SFE?

Also this changing of course shouldn't affect my tuition/maintenance loan should it?

Thanks

When you apply for your funding for the 3rd year enter the details for the 3 year course on the application.

If you switch from the 4 yr to the 3 year course then you'll be entering your final year next year. Final year loans are reduced (because in theory you'll be able to go into work/claim benefits after the end of term and so the bit of your loan to cover the summer holidays will be removed).
Original post by PQ
When you apply for your funding for the 3rd year enter the details for the 3 year course on the application.

If you switch from the 4 yr to the 3 year course then you'll be entering your final year next year. Final year loans are reduced (because in theory you'll be able to go into work/claim benefits after the end of term and so the bit of your loan to cover the summer holidays will be removed).

So on my online account I would have to use the "Re-apply or start another application" button?
Original post by randlemcmurphy
So on my online account I would have to use the "Re-apply or start another application" button?

In February/March when applications for 2017/18 funding open apply with the details of the new course.
Original post by PQ
In February/March when applications for 2017/18 funding open apply with the details of the new course.

Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending