The Student Room Group

Why is this subforum so right-wing?

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Right is Right. Get aboard the train.
Dunno.
Perhaps because the left wing and its accompanying SJWs have been exposed for what they really are?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Thanks I understand now

:colonhash:
Beats me. I always thought it was quite well balanced.
Why specifically this subforum then?

Because its becoming like the old religion forum. 80-90% of new threads involve Islam in one way or another and we know what TSRians like to bash the most.
Reply 7
Wait, is this a holocaust joke?

No.
What's wrong with being anti-SJW or libertarian? Nationalism (which also isn't exclusive to the right wing - I.e the SNP and Plaid Cymru) is a different issue but people are entitled to their opinion.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you look at the daily polls to do with political affairs, most TSR members seem to hold left-leaning beliefs because those make up the majority of poll opinions. But many of them don't seem to want to discuss politics and prefer other sections of the forum, or they will leave a comment here or there but not return to the thread to debate. On the other hand, the right-wing posters seem to be more vocal about their views in general. Perhaps they feel more of a need to persuade others to their beliefs? Perhaps more of them are angry and passionate?

I speak as a vocal left-winger.
Reply 10
Original post by WBZ144
If you look at the daily polls to do with political affairs, most TSR members seem to hold left-leaning beliefs because those make up the majority of poll opinions. But many of them don't seem to want to discuss politics and prefer other sections of the forum, or they will leave a comment here or there but not return to the thread to debate. On the other hand, the right-wing posters seem to be more vocal about their views in general. Perhaps they feel more of a need to persuade others to their beliefs? Perhaps more of them are angry and passionate?

I speak as a vocal left-winger.

I think there's a lot of truth to that. It's not difficult to forget that you're in a minority school of thought as a right-winger, and I suppose that compels you to speak up as much as possible when you can. The relative anonymity of TSR makes a great deal of people feel more comfortable doing so than they otherwise might face-to-face.
The answer to the OP is that TSR is more reflective of the country than OP's (probably Labour) echo circles. The Libertarianism stems from the middle class demographic while the nationalism and anti-SJW stems from the fact that the userbase is mostly outside of London and heavily male.

Original post by Charzhino
Because its becoming like the old religion forum. 80-90% of new threads involve Islam in one way or another and we know what TSRians like to bash the most.

Is that really unrepresentative of the country as a whole outside London? I live outside of Bradford and i can tell you that most white folk have a very negative perception of that religion and its followers and these are people who are exposed to that hellhole rather than out in the sticks. Anecdotal perhaps but backed by polling. Britain aint Islam friendly outside of the circles of power.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Pretty easy. Right-wingers suffer from inferiority complexes or are narcissists, that is why they like to consider others as inferior and put them down (which is what being right wing boils down to really). Internet forums are a great playground for people who like to put people down, so it's likely to find many right-wing nut-jobs there.

I salute you...that was awesome
Original post by Rakas21

Is that really unrepresentative of the country as a whole outside London? I live outside of Bradford and i can tell you that most white folk have a very negative perception of that religion and its followers and these are people who are exposed to that hellhole rather than out in the sticks. Anecdotal perhaps but backed by polling. Britain aint Islam friendly outside of the circles of power.

I have heard that to be the case in Bradford especially. Out of interest, what do the white population you describe actually say about the significant Muslim population in Bradford? Why are they so negative towards it?
Anyone can appear right wing to those who support violent criminals by virtue of their religion.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Pretty easy. Right-wingers suffer from inferiority complexes or are narcissists, that is why they like to consider others as inferior and put them down (which is what being right wing boils down to really). Internet forums are a great playground for people who like to put people down, so it's likely to find many right-wing nut-jobs there.

I find it perplexing that you have the nerve to preach the moral high ground while simultaneously labelling the right with a blanket insult. Those on the right do not suffer from a superiority complex, but are against the new wave of western progressive politics which defies fundamental principles in favour of political correctness and virtue signalling. If all you can do is demean and berate those who align - politically - different from yourself, perhaps you need to get out of your echo chamber and explore the right wing narrative. The left have tried condescension as a political mean for a few years now - evidently, it hasn't seemed to have worked.

Sent from phone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jake4198
I find it perplexing that you have the nerve to preach the moral high ground while simultaneously labelling the right with a blanket insult. Those on the right do not suffer from a superiority complex, but are against the new wave of western progressive politics which defies fundamental principles in favour of political correctness and virtue signalling. If all you can do is demean and berate those who align - politically - different from yourself, perhaps you need to get out of your echo chamber and explore the right wing narrative. The left have tried condescension as a political mean for a few years now - evidently, it hasn't seemed to have worked.

Sent from phone.

Well said kind sir :smile:
Original post by Charzhino
I have heard that to be the case in Bradford especially. Out of interest, what do the white population you describe actually say about the significant Muslim population in Bradford? Why are they so negative towards it?

Basically the city is extremely deprived and the Muslim population has expanded hugely (the next census will find 35%+, it does not feel English and because they all conglomerate the perception is that these people don't fit in, are criminals, groom girls (wait until there's a study in Bradford, it will make Rochdale look tame) and generally are a waste of space. There is also a perception that it is unsafe and that there are basically Muslim zones.

Basically instead of creating a multi-cultural city or a British city with Muslim Brits, it's become a place which is no longer part of British society and where white folk will likely be replaced. It's already elected George Galloway and is known by most as 'Bradistan'.

I have a lot of sympathy for Muslim individuals who may well mean well but i detest Bradford and the political complacency that has allowed it to become what it is.

I've chosen not to mention the number of terrorist suspects its also produced.
I find it perplexing that you have the nerve to preach the moral high ground while simultaneously labelling the right with a blanket insult.

I am condemning a bunch of disgusting, mostly uneducated thugs who need to put weaker people down to make themselves feel better. Call it taking the moral high ground if you will...

Those on the right do not suffer from a superiority complex, [...]

Of course they do, it's all they do. Right wing is all about shielding a nation from foreign individuals or influence, both of which are considered as bad. Of course right wingers deny this as it outs them as what they are, xenophobic nationalists, but that doesn't change that it is the truth.

[...] but are against the new wave of western progressive politics which defies fundamental principles in favour of political correctness and virtue signalling.

I assume by political correctness you mean not being racist, xenophobic, homophobic, or any other toxic attitudes of the plebs - I fully agree with you then!

If all you can do is demean and berate those who align - politically - different from yourself, [..]

Those who I demean and berate have well and truly earned it, and still do it every day. You're earning it right now!

The left have tried condescension as a political mean for a few years now - evidently, it hasn't seemed to have worked.

It's working just fine for me, you POS :smile:
I think a lot of left-wingers on here just end up becoming exhausted. Reading this forum I get the impression that the thought-world of the average 18-25yo internet right winger is a very simple one. Things like good/bad, right/wrong, are all very easy things for them. Any attempt at nuance gets you labelled a 'terrorist sympathiser', 'SJW', or whatever. This isn't every right winger, of course. You have users like Rakas and Lib who actually use their brains, but many are just stubbornly ignorant - a by-product of internet culture where memes count as arguments and offending somebody or getting a negative response out of them is considered a victory. It drives people away, for reasons that are obvious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending